"Impeachment back on the table" - Pelosi

it's been 7.5 years they are just blowing smoke at this point.

Any investigation would just be a bigger waste of time/effort/money.

it's been 7.5 years they are just blowing smoke at this point.

Any investigation would just be a bigger waste of time/effort/money.

yeah, and as stated many times in this thread - why would anyone call for an investigation that could put blame on them.

congress did vote for all of this afterall...

edit: kinda sucks that you never get straight answers about our government. no wonder there are so many tin foil hat people out there - i definatly don't blame them for thinking the way they do.

This is probably one of the worst Congresses of all time. They can't do ANYTHING and they are wasting their time with impeachment talks that aren't going to accomplish much. How about trying to pass meaningful legislation that will help our oil situation or lifting the moratorium on drilling.

Nah lets just fuck around with partisan shit.

I love hearing some of the eco dorks argue that since it won't help prices now we shouldn't even bother with offshore drilling. yeah, let's not plan for later. good thinking there! those same people will bitch and moan if we invade iran to get their tastey, tastey oil.

I wonder if all those people are going to try and get pardon's from him as he exists office. I definatly think he's snapped out of his 'yes man' state - and probably has started to realize how manipulated he was. If you've seen the way he acts when he speaks now, he's definatly changed somehow - to me it apears that he's started to realize what he's done, how he was manipulated, and how he will be remembered. He definatly does not look like he wants/enjoys his job anymore, and he looks like the last thing he wants to do is be infront of a camera anymore.

I hope he doesn't pardon anyone in the administration, and does write a book pointing fingers, and testifies against the people. Thats the only way he can try to correct the history books, and public opinion.

Of course, i guess he has to care about public opinion to want to do this... This shit kinda reminds me of the movie JFK... and how they manipulated johnson.

My belief is that by November 2006 (election), Bush had fully woken up to the reality that his administration wasn't fully under his control. When Rumsfeld was finally pushed out and all the back-stabbing had come to a crescendo, at some point he basically pushed the neocons out.

I think somebody like Bush Sr must have stepped into Bush's face in 2006 and told him to get his shit in order and to shake shit up in terms of military command.

In a very short period of time, almost all the neocons were driven out or marginalized. Cheney had been pushed aside, mostly, especially after the gun incident. Remember how there was a buzz about Cheney's folks not even telling the White House about the incident? If i got it right, the White House must have been PISSED OFF seeing how Cheney basically tried to bury and hide that story.

Rumsfeld, Wolfewitz, Cheney, etc... all pushed aside by the end of 2006.

And at the same time you had the Pentagon screaming at the top of their lungs. The blowback from within the military was massive, with tons of generals speaking out and it getting REALLY nasty.

Suddenly the Bush tactics changed in 2007.

They got more practical on North Korea. They got more practical in the middle east and with NATO. They started standing up to Russia.

Suddenly they pushed for "the surge" approach with less emphasis on driving around iraq, policing in hummers and more emphasis on working with sunni locals to destroy al qaeda. It worked. The military finally got to focus purely on military shit rather than on being a proxy for political arm-twisting and occupation.

Bush lost it for the GOP in 2006 and has had a helping of humility.

He must realize now that he's never going to be seen as some american hero and that history wont be kind, even once Iraq does finally turn around. Once the economy tanked, he got really humble.

I mean... when a CONSERVATIVE Federal court laughs at the Bush admin's legal arguments about habeus corpus applying to foreigners by citing Alice in Wonderland, you know he's fucked.

"I have said it thrice. What I tell you three times is true."

"Lewis Carroll notwithstanding, the fact that the government has 'said it thrice' does not make an allegation true," the judges said dryly.

That's a pretty concise indictment of the Bush admin, that they think saying something over and over again makes it true.

I have always said that Bush's biggest failure was not policies he put in place or even the war. It was the idiots he put around him and left them there way to long. I don't believe he is completely inncocent but think he would have done a much better job if he had listened to Powell and some of the people he has now were in place back then.

I love hearing some of the eco dorks argue that since it won't help prices now we shouldn't even bother with offshore drilling. yeah, let's not plan for later. good thinking there! those same people will bitch and moan if we invade iran to get their tastey, tastey oil.

I don't understand it either. We need to do it all at once: wind, solar, hydro, oil, gas, coal, ect. We are letting out economy get crippled by foreign oil producers because we aren't even close to energy independent. That needs to change and rapidly.

I have always said that Bush's biggest failure was not policies he put in place or even the war. It was the idiots he put around him and left them there way to long. I don't believe he is completely inncocent but think he would have done a much better job if he had listened to Powell and some of the people he has now were in place back then.

This is what happens when you put somebody in power who has absolutely no success in life and no real executive or policy experience. When crisis hit, he was easily manipulated by folks he relied on.

I think most people with some type of executive experience would have known better.

I mean, having Cheney in the office when Powell requests a private meeting? Give me a fucking break. For somebody who talks about loyalty and shit, that's just the biggest type of organizational blunder you can make.

does the etc include nuclear? :D

I think it should. Modern nuclear is much cleaner than all the coal we're burning. Further advances could go a long way to helping our energy needs. The problem is still the taboo factor nuclear got during the Cold War.

Yeah, i think Powell leaving was a big indicator that something fishy was going on.

He probably didn't want his name in the long list of names that will be in the history books - he saw it coming, and was smart...

Yeah, i think Powell leaving was a big indicator that something fishy was going on.

He probably didn't want his name in the long list of names that will be in the history books - he saw it coming, and was smart...

Powell lost all power within the Bush admin in march 2003 when he refused to make "the full case" for invasion of Iraq before the UN. In spite of the bullshit he DID say that day, he fought with the White House for days about that speech and refused to add in a bunch of other non-sense they insisted go into the speech (especially the nuclear claims).

After that, Powell basically sat around doing nothing until he left in 2005.

His job for those 2 years was to basically pretend everything was fine and that he supported Bush.

This will go exactly no where, she is just posturing that lying cunt rag that she is. They all need to be replaced, yes even Ron Paul. Everyone of them. Vote in Nazi's, Greens etc. Lets see how it goes with the Euro system of 1000 parties in congress.

Back