East Palo Alto Cop Recommends Shooting Law Abiding Citizens by Snaps - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page East Palo Alto Cop Recommends Shooting Law Abiding Citizens
Page 4 of 6
Evolutionary
Veteran4
Old
61 - 02-12-2010, 11:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obibun View Post

AMURRRICAH

DEY TURK ER JRBS

HOW COME THE POLICE GET GUNS THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

THEN THE GUMMINT GONNA OPPRESS US SO WE NEED DEM GUNS
Lern 2 Western History. K Thx.

Sponsored Links
Snaps
VeteranX
Old
62 - 02-12-2010, 11:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by fartiusstinkius View Post
Why stop there? Personally I believe that anyone should be fired if they ever make a joke during their personal time which could be construed as inappropriate were they working at the time.
When the premise of your job relies on your public credibility and scutiny, then be prepared to be judged accordingly.

If someone made a comment like this who was not a police officer, would you want them to become one?

Remember it's to protect and serve, not intimidate others who I don't agree with without fear of repercussions.

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
63 - 02-12-2010, 11:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolutionary View Post
Lern 2 Western History. K Thx.
sorry bro but I don't see where you're going with this

Evolutionary
Veteran4
Old
64 - 02-12-2010, 11:42
Quote:
sorry bro but I don't see where you're going with this
We already knew you were oblivious.

Snaps
VeteranX
Old
65 - 02-12-2010, 11:42
Will you go troll another thread retard?

I'm glad you feel safe. Ignorance is Bliss. Now move along.

fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
66 - 02-12-2010, 11:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
When the premise of your job relies on your public credibility and scutiny, then be prepared to be judged accordingly.

If someone made a comment like this who was not a police officer, would you want them to become one?

Remember it's to protect and serve, not intimidate others who I don't agree with without fear of repercussions.
Well considering I would be amazed if there were a single police officer in the US who hasn't made similar jokes in his/her personal time, I don't give a ****. If he said that while working then he would be trying to intimidate others and it would a completely different matter. It's unfortunate that he didn't understand how widely his words would have been disseminated due to the internet, but I think that's a sad state of affairs of our lack of privacy more than the fact that apparently this cop is a normal human being.

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
67 - 02-12-2010, 11:45
Quote:
Why stop there? Personally I believe that anyone should be fired if they ever make a joke during their personal time which could be construed as inappropriate were they working at the time.
I laughed when I read this comment because I thought it was sarcastic.

Then I saw the author's signature and nearly cried because I realized it was not sarcastic.

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
68 - 02-12-2010, 11:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolutionary View Post
We already knew you were oblivious.
did they turk yer jerb?

fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
69 - 02-12-2010, 11:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratos View Post
I laughed when I read this comment because I thought it was sarcastic.

Then I saw the author's signature and nearly cried because I realized it was not sarcastic.
I assume if you'd read my posts in this thread, you'd have realized that this was obvious sarcasm. Apparently I was wrong...

Waidan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
70 - 02-12-2010, 11:51
Quote:
lol. Okay, let's see here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by retard cop
haha thats when you go attend one of their meetings and laugh at them cuz they can only dream to have a ccw..
So basically, he's openly mocking citizens for "dreaming" of having the same rights and privileges he has. He's laughing at them for wanting equality under the law. Of course this is after he's already advocated shooting them for no justifiable reason.

Do you think this is a healthy and reasonable mentality for a police officer to have? Do you think this was just a couple isolated thoughts, and the rest of the time he treats people with respect? I think if a guy is paid to "protect and serve" and demonstrates this sort of attitude towards his fellow civilians, he needs to find a new line of work. I would suggest something in the thriving envelope-licking industry.

Evolutionary
Veteran4
Old
71 - 02-12-2010, 12:01
Quote:
did they turk yer jerb?
Je bent een domme, zelfs voor een trol.

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
72 - 02-12-2010, 12:02
DEY TURK YER JERB!

Snaps
VeteranX
Old
73 - 02-12-2010, 12:03
A group of lawyers are sending a letter out to the EPAPD today in regards to the officer at hand.

We will see repercussions happen, or lack their of. They will ignore the letter at their own legal peril.

Shoddy
VeteranX
Old
74 - 02-12-2010, 12:05
Oh, relax. I don't see any tone of malevolence in his comments.

Waidan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
75 - 02-12-2010, 12:31
Haha, nope. Just the kind words of a responsible, well-adjusted public servant.

fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
76 - 02-12-2010, 15:46
Quote:
A group of lawyers are sending a letter out to the EPAPD today in regards to the officer at hand.

We will see repercussions happen, or lack their of. They will ignore the letter at their own legal peril.
Haha. He might be fired simply because of (misplaced) public outcry, but you'd have to be crazy to believe that his own personal comments are actually illegal. (In that case, I actually think that he could easily be successful in filing a wrongful termination suit.) Do you think that every soldier that says he'd like to run a hippy over with his tank to his buddy should be thrown out of the army? It's the same ****ing thing. People complaining about dumb ****ing **** like this are bad for this country. Everybody makes comments like these not meant for the general public's ears. Flipping out when an example become public is just plain hypocritical.

Snaps
VeteranX
Old
77 - 02-12-2010, 16:23
Unfortunately for you, you are full of ****. There would be nothing "wrongful" about his termination.

You are not allowed to bring disgrace or mistrust upon the police department and expect to keep your job. Joke about killing law abiding citizens when it is your job to police them and expect to be fired. It's that simple.

Hypocritical is me losing my job or being arrested for threats in this exact same example, yet feeling it's ok for the police to do it.

If you were to joke about killing your coworker, you would be fired. I'm not against humor, I'm against feeling violated by those who police me.

And quit ignoring the fact that he straight up said that he likes to come to meetings and laugh at people for not being able to get CCW's and how we could only wish to get one like him. Lets ignore the shooting and killing people for a second and analyze this gem.

Last edited by Snaps; 02-12-2010 at 16:26..
Oktane
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 02-12-2010, 16:32
There's no way anything is going to happen to the detective. If anything, his chief will be tell him behind closed doors "our lawyers told me that I have to tell you to keep comments like that out of the public eye" and maybe an official statement will be issued saying that what he said was wrong or misconstrued. No way is he going to lose his job or even be suspended over this though.

fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
79 - 02-12-2010, 16:41
Quote:
Unfortunately for you, you are full of ****. There would be nothing "wrongful" about his termination.

You are not allowed to bring disgrace or mistrust upon the police department and expect to keep your job. Joke about killing law abiding citizens when it is your job to police them and expect to be fired. It's that simple.

Hypocritical is me losing my job or being arrested for threats in this exact same example, yet feeling it's ok for the police to do it.

If you were to joke about killing your coworker, you would be fired. I'm not against humor, I'm against feeling violated by those who police me.

And quit ignoring the fact that he straight up said that he likes to come to meetings and laugh at people for not being able to get CCW's and how we could only wish to get one like him. Lets ignore the shooting and killing people for a second and analyze this gem.
What if he said that to his buddy, but instead was secretly taped making the joke. What would be the difference? There really wouldn't be one as far as I'm concerned. He obviously never thought those posts would get out. We don't live in a ****ing authoritarian country and are allowed to make jokes to certain groups of people that aren't acceptable to other groups of people. What the **** is wrong with you? You haven't told an inappropriate joke? If you haven't told an inappropriate joke that under other circumstances would have gotten you trouble, then you're right that you're not hypocritical. Otherwise you ****ing are and stop denying it.

You don't give up your right to make those jokes on your own time when you become a police officer. On the job, sure, but you're still a free ****ing citizen off the clock. And who cares if he personally despises CCW laws? He's allowed his own ****ing opinion as long as he officially acts according to the laws when working. If he shows up to meetings in uniform is one thing, but doing it on his own is a totally different thing.

Honestly I think your ideas are ****ing insane and I fear the ****ed up society we'd have to live in if your ideas actually gained traction with the public.

fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
80 - 02-12-2010, 16:43
Quote:
Oh and I think you're deluded if you think it would be easier for lawyers to prove that his personal words/opinions broke the law than it would be for him to afterwards win a wrongful termination suit.

Page 4 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page East Palo Alto Cop Recommends Shooting Law Abiding Citizens

Social Website Bullshit