say I funded a team to build a new tribes - who would you put on the dev team? by kesh - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page say I funded a team to build a new tribes - who would you put on the dev team?
Page 3 of 5
Thread Tools
arsin
Veteran++
Old
41 - 11-23-2017, 20:37
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
I know you're a comp engineer, but you're acting like you know something about gaming or something. Dude, stay in your lane.
I am surprised that this judgementalism comes from a supposedly well versed individual representing minority viewpoints.

Why don't you judge the merits of cael's suggestion - on its merits.
 
arsin is offline
 
Sponsored Links
wtf eat apples
VeteranXX
Old
42 - 11-23-2017, 21:05
Reply With Quote
dave georgeson can **** right off.

I thought hirez bought tribes for almost a mill
 
wtf eat apples is offline
 
earthinhabitant
Member
Old
43 - 11-23-2017, 21:58
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ][BabyroacH][ View Post
dave georgeson can **** right off.

I thought hirez bought tribes for almost a mill
yea, know more than a few who are not hip on Dave....

$1mn be a good deal imo today...they are cash strapped
 
earthinhabitant is offline
 
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
44 - 11-24-2017, 13:38
Reply With Quote
I would put anyone on the team that would instead of trying to make a totally new game with their own unique spin on it in an attempt to redefine things, would stick to the basics and actually make Tribes.

After scanning the entire world for such an individual, I see none of them.

Therefore my Tribes development team would have nobody on it.
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
45 - 11-24-2017, 13:54
Reply With Quote
Krogoth from TE clan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPO25lVe2tc
 
AnubiS is offline
 
Sambuca
VeteranXV
Old
46 - 11-24-2017, 13:54
Reply With Quote
I never understood how every single game after T1 got the basics wrong (jetting, skiing, walking/sliding, disc jump). It never needed changing.
 
Sambuca is offline
 
-SS-
VeteranX
Old
47 - 11-24-2017, 13:57
Reply With Quote
dont see dutchess on that list

wat happened
 
-SS- is offline
 
Highfive
VeteranXV
Old
48 - 11-24-2017, 14:11
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambuca View Post
I never understood how every single game after T1 got the basics wrong (jetting, skiing, walking/sliding, disc jump). It never needed changing.
It's not like skiing is built in standard to Unreal Engine or Unity. I tried messing aroujnd with a Tribes-like VR game, got jetpack working but couldn't figure out how to implement skiing.

Is Jetball on Unreal engine?
 
Highfive is offline
 
Sambuca
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 11-24-2017, 16:29
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfive View Post
It's not like skiing is built in standard to Unreal Engine or Unity. I tried messing aroujnd with a Tribes-like VR game, got jetpack working but couldn't figure out how to implement skiing.

Is Jetball on Unreal engine?
Yes it is currently running Unreal Engine 4.18.1 (the most up to date version).
 
Sambuca is offline
 
The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
50 - 11-24-2017, 17:46
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pumpkin King View Post
I would put anyone on the team that would instead of trying to make a totally new game with their own unique spin on it in an attempt to redefine things, would stick to the basics and actually make Tribes.

After scanning the entire world for such an individual, I see none of them.

Therefore my Tribes development team would have nobody on it.
Exactly.

To that end I would put people who loved Tribes 1 and had professional and demonstrable skill towards it. People who had same passion for Tribes that PJ had for LOTR. NoFiX and Andrew coding. Groove would be there. Thorin and Opsayo doing PM type stuff. QIX would be strung up on a gibbet for the world to see. If DOX was still around I'd have him do some preliminary maps.

What a dream.
 
The Magical Zoo is offline
 
cael
VeteranXV
Old
51 - 11-24-2017, 18:59
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ][BabyroacH][ View Post
dave georgeson can **** right off.

I thought hirez bought tribes for almost a mill
tbh i was fishing for more of this

tw just aint what it used to be smdh
 
cael is offline
 
clu
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
52 - 11-24-2017, 19:08
Reply With Quote
andew, KP, and a ****load of Indians

edit- how could I forget nofix and bugs and the rest of the leet hackers
 
clu is offline
 
-defiance
Veteran
Old
53 - 11-24-2017, 19:27
Reply With Quote
I dont want to hijack this thread, but just an FYI NOVAKIN looking for artist(s) still. We will also need additional game related positions but art is our primary roadblock.

NK is not a "tribes game" or an "FPSZ", NK is a T1 remake. There is a distinct difference IMO.

NK has T1 player movement physics, provided by andrew.
Server auth clientside prediction network model. Server runs at 60fps as opposed to 20 or 30 like most games.
Map editor.
Server streamed maps, including heightmap data. This means the ability to customize the terrain itself.
Mod-ability. (Currently vchat sound files, vchat configuration file, and reticles. More to come in the future like gameplay mods, player skins, etc)
Player owned servers. Server files are downloadable and players can run their own server from their home, LAN event, dedicated server providers, VPS, etc.
NK is approximately 60-70% complete in terms of core functionality, progress is currently halted due to a lack of artists.

[ROYALTY] 3D Artist Needed to finish 3D Sci-Fi FPS-Z Multiplayer Game - Novakin — polycount

Hit me up on Discord if interested. Discord
 
-defiance is offline
 
Last edited by -defiance; 11-24-2017 at 19:35..
lemontw
Veteran++
Old
54 - 11-24-2017, 19:55
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsin View Post
I am surprised that this judgementalism comes from a supposedly well versed individual representing minority viewpoints.

Why don't you judge the merits of cael's suggestion - on its merits.
he's a stem pro that thinks contrails are made by pilots turning on smoke
 
lemontw is offline
 
The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
55 - 11-24-2017, 20:20
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by clu View Post
andew, KP, and a ****load of Indians

edit- how could I forget nofix and bugs and the rest of the leet hackers
I forgot bugs as well. No to KP though, his failure with Tribes:Vengeance should preclude him. What a ****show. I know it's not entirely his fault (vge) but still
 
The Magical Zoo is offline
 
Groove
VeteranXX
Old
56 - 11-24-2017, 20:34
Reply With Quote
nofix emjay bugs_ andrew greyhound neolite plasmatic raven defiance lemon

not me cuz i never finish anything
 
Groove is offline
 
The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
57 - 11-24-2017, 20:42
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post

not me cuz i never finish anything
you would with a good director who would motivate you imo
 
The Magical Zoo is offline
 
slush
Veteran++
Old
58 - 11-24-2017, 21:12
Reply With Quote
i just wana ski on maps hello
 
slush is offline
 
jgrange
Veteran++
Old
59 - 11-24-2017, 21:28
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odio View Post
Novakin RIP

it was t1 with different graphics and no one wanted it

Novakin looks amazing.
 
jgrange is offline
 
lemontw
Veteran++
Old
60 - 11-24-2017, 21:51
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
nofix emjay bugs_ andrew greyhound neolite plasmatic raven defiance lemon

not me cuz i never finish anything
ha

ty for the nomination but im just a scrub
 
lemontw is offline
 
Last edited by lemontw; 11-24-2017 at 21:53..
Page 3 of 5
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page say I funded a team to build a new tribes - who would you put on the dev team?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
earth is mentally ill , odio is a fucking druggy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:43.