Veteran4
Old
43 - 09-16-2021, 05:02
go to the discord and tell him?

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
44 - 09-16-2021, 05:07
To what? Waste my time? If this whoever the **** he is doesn't already acknowledge this the game was dead before he even thought about making it. It's going to go nowhere and he just needs to stop.

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 09-16-2021, 05:11
nico mad again

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
46 - 09-16-2021, 05:15
idk why people think im mad when im just pointing out the obvious. Mid Air promised t1 like blah blah blah and it delivered literally nothing. That game died before it was out of pre alpha or some ****. Dead as ****. Whoever the **** this guy is isn't going to do it either. Like I stated earlier in the thread the things that made tribes great were all accidents and not intended by the devs. That's what made it the game it was. If this guy played t1 for 5 minutes.... I'd be shocked.

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
47 - 09-16-2021, 05:16
mad

2:37
Veteran4
Old
48 - 09-16-2021, 05:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
To what? Waste my time? If this whoever the **** he is doesn't already acknowledge this the game was dead before he even thought about making it. It's going to go nowhere and he just needs to stop.
i doubt he is expecting a sell out or w/e also i asked and they said they haven't edited fall damage and what not

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
49 - 09-16-2021, 05:25
That's great good for him whoever the **** he is but just expect history to repeat itself.

Skiing, mine disking, all things essential to make tribes as big as it got were never intended. All accidents. Which is weird to say cuz I bought it at launch when we were all still using targeting lasers and such and it seemed so amazing and fun to play an FPS not in a scaled path but all over the ****ing map with jetpacks and what not. But the elevation of the game was something nobody could have even predicted and it was all due to scripts. Literally one of the most amazing games ever happened by accident.

Good luck trying to replicate that. Even the original devs couldn't.

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
50 - 09-16-2021, 05:34
2:37 still plays t1 though active 5v5 LT guy

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 09-16-2021, 05:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
That's great good for him whoever the **** he is but just expect history to repeat itself.

Skiing, mine disking, all things essential to make tribes as big as it got were never intended. All accidents. Which is weird to say cuz I bought it at launch when we were all still using targeting lasers and such and it seemed so amazing and fun to play an FPS not in a scaled path but all over the ****ing map with jetpacks and what not. But the elevation of the game was something nobody could have even predicted and it was all due to scripts. Literally one of the most amazing games ever happened by accident.

Good luck trying to replicate that. Even the original devs couldn't.
This, and also a lot of the stuff that made Tribes stood out back in the day is commonplace now. Like, being able to hop in a vehicle, fly around over some rolling hills, then going inside a base with a bunch of winding corridors and **** without a loading screen inbetween was pretty impressive in the 90s.

Compared to today's standards, the only real unique selling point of a Tribes game is the jetpack + skiing thing, which most people simply have no interest in learning.

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
52 - 09-16-2021, 05:43
That's what I'm trying to drive into people's heads. The complexity of Tribes and it's learning curve was so steep that looking back I'm blown away at how big it was. Today it's stupid **** CS and BR's that are the scene that take literally no skill whatsoever. Back in the day Tribes an UT99 and a few others required insane ability which doesn't exist anymore in gaming. And to poorly attempt to bring back a game that should require ability this day in age is ****in stupid. Just tell him to stop.

Veteran4
Old
53 - 09-16-2021, 06:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by spockhammer View Post
2:37 still plays t1 though active 5v5 LT guy

im banned from the discord and the pug's cause i call their server side hax out

Veteran4
Old
54 - 09-16-2021, 06:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
This, and also a lot of the stuff that made Tribes stood out back in the day is commonplace now. Like, being able to hop in a vehicle, fly around over some rolling hills, then going inside a base with a bunch of winding corridors and **** without a loading screen inbetween was pretty impressive in the 90s.

Compared to today's standards, the only real unique selling point of a Tribes game is the jetpack + skiing thing, which most people simply have no interest in learning.
Also i agree i don't think kids or even mid 2O's gamers can be ****ed learning the unique skills it takes to play a t1 remake.. but i'm still going to have a go.

It took hours of a collective of people to make new routes and that's just for the 3 crusty old maps that get played now.

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 09-16-2021, 06:06
The fact that you enjoy LT doesn't help your situation in any way, shape, or form. Just throwing that out there. Mid Air trid copying that stupid ****. T1 was T1 cus it was T1. Not LT. Every single ****hole player who thought they were good at T1 became good in LT because they didn't have to actually do anything to be good other than spam nade launcher. The mod was the downfall of t1. Period.

Last edited by Nicodemus; 09-16-2021 at 06:10..
Veteran4
Old
56 - 09-16-2021, 06:45
who said i like LT even? where are you getting this info from i played shifter for like 8 years?

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
57 - 09-16-2021, 06:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2:37 View Post
im banned from the discord and the pug's cause i call their server side hax out
they r claiming to have fixed this and even unbanned me so if u want to grab a game with dp and orange that culd be fun i will get u unbanned

also shifter for life

Veteran4
Old
58 - 09-16-2021, 07:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by spockhammer View Post
they r claiming to have fixed this and even unbanned me so if u want to grab a game with dp and orange that culd be fun i will get u unbanned

also shifter for life
i doubt lyon will do it but you can have a crack

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
59 - 09-16-2021, 07:32
Quote:
LTgold [1/10] LTsilver [2/10] LTpug [3/10] LTunrated [3/10] LTirregular [1/10]
zooey ***8212; Today at 7:01 AM
Im sure he can be unbanned
@Lyon ***65533;***65533; give 237 a chance