The LOL_CONFIG

dynamix.com and sierra.com DNS moved to activision

Hey the authoritative nameservers for the dynamix.com and sierra.com domains
were changed to activision's. Right now activision's servers are not configured
to report any data but this is an interesting move.

Didn't vivendi (sierras parent company) and activision merge a while back? Perhaps part of the holdup with 1.4 is the fact that while GG has the IP they don't have rights to the "dynamix" name making the master server issue a bit tricky.

Activision Stockholders Approve Combination with Vivendi Games

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jul 08, 2008 — Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced that, at a special meeting of stockholders held earlier today, it received the stockholder approval necessary to consummate the company’s agreement with Vivendi, S.A. to combine Vivendi Games, Vivendi’s interactive entertainment business, with Activision’s businesses. All of the proposals required to effect the transaction received more than 92 percent of the shares voted. The transaction is expected to close on or around July 9, 2008.

Activision and Vivendi Games will combine their businesses through the merger of a newly formed, wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision with and into Vivendi Games. As a result of the merger, Vivendi Games, the parent company of Blizzard Entertainment and Sierra, will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision. Vivendi will receive approximately 295.3 million newly issued shares of Activision common stock. Concurrently with the merger, Vivendi will purchase approximately 62.9 million newly issued shares of Activision common stock at a price of $27.50 per share for a total of approximately $1.7 billion in cash, resulting in a total Vivendi ownership stake in Activision Blizzard of approximately 52% on a fully diluted basis and approximately 54% of shares outstanding. As of the closing of the transaction, Activision will be renamed Activision Blizzard and will continue to operate as a public company traded on NASDAQ under the ticker ATVI.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard, Inc. is a worldwide pure-play online and console game publisher with leading market positions across all categories of the rapidly growing interactive entertainment software industry.

Activision Blizzard maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Romania, Australia, Chile, India, Japan China, the region of Taiwan and South Korea. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products can be found on the company’s website, Activision | Blizzard.

Using vista and have just got hudbot.....

Using vista and have just got hudbot and now tribes is working however when i join a server to play i cannot move, shoot, jump or anything.

anyeone know how to fix this?

cheers

ze king

Tribes to 360?

I've been away for a while. Is there any chance of this ever happening? Does anyone still play that version they put on the PS2?

looking for old team |5150| members

its smooth22, looking for old team 5150 members. wondering how you guuys are all doing and what ya all been upto, and if your playing any other games?

|5150|smooth22

Smooth22 what's up man! :D (FSB-SPY)

I don't hang out with any 5150, or even keep in touch really, but I just wanted to pop in to quickly say hello.

It is very easy to do; it just takes practice.

Directions to OP:
1) Look at my first demo and make sure you have your nades on short toss
2) After seeing what the correct angle is, practice tossing your nade at that angle and jetting.
3) After tossing the nade, shoot a disc slightly below the angle you tossed the nade at.
4) Don't attempt to regular discjump and then nade jump because it is much more difficult and takes much more practice (different angle of nade toss and of disc shot).

Has anyone been able to reliably be able to nade jump in a downward direction?

I've done it every now and then. Probably 3/10 times I can do it.

Regular Nade jump i can do probably 7 to 8/10. I use it fairly often in game play.

Back