When China Invades Taiwan

Should we go to Kinetic War with China over Taiwan?

• Total voters
Absolutely. If Taiwan falls to China, China won’t stop there. Until we can become self sufficient, we can’t let this happen.

China has pushed a ring of defendable locations around southern Asia. Like towers in Age of Empires. Now they are giving the Solomon Islands a reach-around. A big war is inevitable. I'll put my chips on the 2035-2050 range.

Google Maps

Spin the wheel!

Honduras establishes ties with China after Taiwan break

. By ASSOCIATED PRESS

03/26/2023 07:43 AM EDT

BEIJING — Honduras established diplomatic ties with China on Sunday after breaking off relations with Taiwan, which is increasingly isolated and now recognized by only 13 sovereign states, including Vatican City.

Foreign ministers from China and Honduras signed a joint communique in Beijing — a decision the Chinese Foreign Ministry hailed as “the right choice.”

The diplomatic victory for China comes as tensions rise between Beijing and the United States, including over China’s increasing assertiveness toward self-ruled Taiwan, and signals growing Chinese influence in Latin America. The new China-Honduras relationship was announced after the Honduran and Taiwanese governments made separate announcements that they were severing ties...
Honduras had asked Taiwan for billions of dollars of aid and compared its proposals with China’s, Wu said. About two weeks ago, the Honduran government sought $2.45 billion from Taiwan to build a hospital and a dam, and to write off debts, he added.

“The Castro government dismissed our nation’s longstanding assistance and relations and carried out talks to form diplomatic ties with China. Our government feels pained and regretful,” he said.

Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen said her government would not “engage in a meaningless contest of dollar diplomacy with China.”

thediplomat_2016-01-07_10-52-45.jpg

China has pushed a ring of defendable locations around southern Asia. Like towers in Age of Empires. Now they are giving the Solomon Islands a reach-around. A big war is inevitable. I'll put my chips on the 2035-2050 range.

Google Maps

Spin the wheel!

Like I didn't sleep bad enough already :(

This is a very tough call
Much tougher than Ukraine... which is an easy decision
Just Say No
to endless wars

and if we do have to Defend Our Borders
it should be a retaliation of massive destruction
then leave
not nation building

Back