Mass Effect 2

I'm currently standing in outer space on the outside of the normandy.

I guess there's a big clipping bug in this game on the normandy.

If you are at your private terminal, run to the left and near one of the guys sitting at the chairs. You'll climb up something and then clip outside of the ship.

lol whhoooops

I'm gonna fuck this bitch Kelly on my ship. She is already flirting with me like the dirty whore she is.

downloaded the skidrow release and its not in rar files its .00 or some shit and it wont extract. also tried hjsplit to combine the files to make an iso but then it tells me its missing the .00 rar.

???

Anyone figure out how to enable anti-aliasing? The jaggies are really annoying me.

Edit: Also, is anyone with a x-fi xtreme gamer also getting periods where the sound randomly cuts completely off and then back on? This happens more frequently during the dialogue scenes.

Ati, just rename masseffect2.exe to masseffect.exe and shortcut that (with aa forced in the ccc) Nvidia youll probably have to play around in nhancer.

Yeah, I got it working with nhancer, just set the compatibility to Unreal Engine 3.

I'm still having the stupid ass issues with the sound randomly cutting out and when it comes back there's a really weird noise, like when you get hit by an explosion. Anyway, I've tried reinstalling the game, drivers, openal, direct-x, and even using a different sound card. The problem persists, and I don't know what else to do at this point. No other games have any problems, and I've run numerous benchmarks as well as testing my system for stability. They all passed with flying colors.

Windows 7,
Q6600 @ 3.0ghz
Asus P5N32-E Sli
4gigs ddr2
Nvidia GTX-285
X-Fi XtremeGamer/SoundMax Onboard sound

Latest drivers for everything.

Last edited:
I'm currently standing in outer space on the outside of the normandy.

I guess there's a big clipping bug in this game on the normandy.

If you are at your private terminal, run to the left and near one of the guys sitting at the chairs. You'll climb up something and then clip outside of the ship.

lol whhoooops

There's a lot of clipping problems. I've clipped a lot on a ship that was crashed on a cliff and ended up walking in the open air. There was also the first place you encounter the Collectors. I somehow managed to clip up on top of a wall along with one of my squad and couldn't get back down. I've just started to save the game after every little skirmish becuase the clipping can happen out of nowhere.

Mu(nansen)

We're they supposed to fix the clipping issues so you wouldnt get stuck and have to reload an older save?

I don't know what you guys are doing but I haven't had any clipping issues at all. Only issue I've had was at one point I had a small graphical glitch in a conversation (looked like tearing).

I'm actually finding the combat to be pretty damn tough in some areas, have been considering scaling down the difficulty on a number of occasions.

I'm actually finding the combat to be pretty damn tough in some areas, have been considering scaling down the difficulty on a number of occasions.

This game makes you take cover a LOT more than me1 and powers effect the outcome of battle a lot more.

This game makes you take cover a LOT more than me1 and powers effect the outcome of battle a lot more.

Truth, but sometimes you don't have enough cover OR time to cast powers, like the one planet with the three mechs that are destroying the supplies. Took me a dozen or so tries on that one, and my buddy has been stuck on it for at least 30 minutes.

One of my biggest issues with the game has been there since ME1 and it still pisses me off in ME2.

The fucking dialogue skipping.

I turn on subtitles and tend to read through it before the voice acting finishes.

So I skip through it.

The way it selects shit automatically when you skip fucking sucks. Ive had to reload saved games because I accidentally skipped and selected the wrong option and then miss out on paragon or renegade points - or side missions.

FIX THAT SHIT GODDAMNIT!

I have had that issue too. I use the subtitles so I can skip through the voices while knowing what they say. I fucked up with Mirana because of it :( Although I did fuck Jack real early. I also almost fucked up and told Tali's secret to the Admirals.

I think I've narrowed down my problem being specific to OpenAl, and I've tried reinstalling that too... Still the audio fucking cuts out when it feels like and then sounds loud and distorted right before it comes back, this even happens in the opening menu.

I'm perplexed as to what I could do at this point, besides going back to WinXP.

Back