Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Camping Vans
Page 1 of 2
KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 03-30-2023, 20:29
Anyone ever use a van for camping?

Im sort of looking for a vehicle that will be able to 1) Tow some ATVs, 2) Bring people, like 8+ 3) Be able to be camped inside or around.

Not looking for a Ford RV camper, although those are cool. May have to park on public streets sometimes. I have an alley way spot but would have to move it sometimes for garage access.

I looked at some Chevy conversion vans cause we had one when I was a kid. My dad felt like a boat captain. It was cool. But they're all 7 seaters.

I got a Toyota minivan currently just for commuting and picking up kids and stuff and used it for some camping adventures but its a bit tight and the extra kids I bring end up sitting on the floor.

Maybe I'll get to check out a 3/4 ton 12 passenger chevy on saturday.

Apparently its in pretty good shape. Sat for a long time. The transmission is stuck in 3rd gear.

I'm hoping its a 700r4 cause I really don't want a 3sp car again. Id hate to be stuck at 55-60mph in this thing.

If it's a th350 im gonna swap it to a nv4500 5sp.

If its a 700r4 ill just drive it down to a trans shop and get it rebuilt.

I dunno, just looking for input or see whatever you guys have done in the past.

Things are changing around the mountain house area and may have a disabled uncle that can't manage stairs move into the house we had been using for staying at, in which case we'd need a van or something to stay in.

Sponsored Links
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 03-30-2023, 21:03
Nobody ever

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 03-30-2023, 21:06
I didn***8217;t read all that ****. We considered it, decided we would rather spend $120k on plane tickets and hotel rooms

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 03-30-2023, 22:44
meth making van*

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 03-30-2023, 23:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSobieski View Post
Anyone ever use a van for camping?

Im sort of looking for a vehicle that will be able to 1) Tow some ATVs, 2) Bring people, like 8+ 3) Be able to be camped inside or around.

Not looking for a Ford RV camper, although those are cool. May have to park on public streets sometimes. I have an alley way spot but would have to move it sometimes for garage access.

I looked at some Chevy conversion vans cause we had one when I was a kid. My dad felt like a boat captain. It was cool. But they're all 7 seaters.

I got a Toyota minivan currently just for commuting and picking up kids and stuff and used it for some camping adventures but its a bit tight and the extra kids I bring end up sitting on the floor.

Maybe I'll get to check out a 3/4 ton 12 passenger chevy on saturday.

Apparently its in pretty good shape. Sat for a long time. The transmission is stuck in 3rd gear.

I'm hoping its a 700r4 cause I really don't want a 3sp car again. Id hate to be stuck at 55-60mph in this thing.

If it's a th350 im gonna swap it to a nv4500 5sp.

If its a 700r4 ill just drive it down to a trans shop and get it rebuilt.

I dunno, just looking for input or see whatever you guys have done in the past.

Things are changing around the mountain house area and may have a disabled uncle that can't manage stairs move into the house we had been using for staying at, in which case we'd need a van or something to stay in.
Where you at now KS? I can check the local auction haus for a lightly wrecked church van.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 03-30-2023, 23:45

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
7 - 03-31-2023, 00:16
Around here domestic vans for hauling large families are a lot cheaper than a commercial van like a courier might use. A commercial van is hella expensive. A commercial van big enough to be kitted out for camping will bump it up much higher and be rarer. A domestic van pulling a fold-out camper trailer, with a large tent stuck somewhere and all the other stuff lose will likely be much cheaper. Sorry, no room for ATVs in this plan. Some of the 8 will need to follow your van on ATVs. A big Winnebago type thing is very expensive.

easilyodd
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 03-31-2023, 01:10
can't fill ngfm's shoes but search youtube.

there are only a thousand channels with that setup. i've met 3 girls this week who are living out of their reno vans and rv. they know how to work for tips.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 03-31-2023, 01:11
Urban camping in 19.95 Uhaul vans is a thing too.

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 03-31-2023, 04:50
Homeless again?

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 03-31-2023, 06:53
I see a lot of people on social media that are living in a van. THey aren't camping though, they are traveling around seeing stuff. And generally its just one person, maybe a pet. Thats not a bad idea imho

Nomad
Cheap Bastard++
Contributor
Old
12 - 03-31-2023, 07:01
No one wants to watch your van life youtube "watch while i cook stirfry and look at a sunset alone" channel

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 03-31-2023, 07:02
Millions want to watch that kind of ****. Thats really what social media is. Its a way for people to live vicariously through others

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 03-31-2023, 09:10
Ya not like a permanent thing. More like rent a RV spot at the local state park and do some overnight fishing on shrooms sort of thing.

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 03-31-2023, 09:14
Van currently under review

$2500

needs tires + transmission work

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 03-31-2023, 09:18
Too many windows

What about a box truck? I've seen people take box trucks and turn them into very respectable weekend campers. Fair amount of room, hook up a windowshaker or ceiling mount ac. Usually the truck itself is very sturdy as well

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 03-31-2023, 09:25
Windows are nice for passengers. I can put curtains on it if its too much sun. Im not retrofitting it. Probably just bringing a air matrress for the back and the associated camping things. Chairs, canoe, poles, tents, blankets, generator, cooking stuff.

I can't park a box truck at my house. Imagine 1 way narrow N.E. streets. The city tickets the **** out of anything besides passenger vehicles.

Last edited by KingSobieski; 03-31-2023 at 09:28..
Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
18 - 03-31-2023, 09:59
We don't have room to park a trailer. Can hire them dirt cheap.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 03-31-2023, 10:40
Lay down some pavers in you yard and park it there.

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 03-31-2023, 10:41
my front yard is like, a 4x8 square of grass.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Camping Vans

Social Website Bullshit