which of the following 9 mmorpgs are you looking forward to the most? by s0dak1ng - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page which of the following 9 mmorpgs are you looking forward to the most?
Page 1 of 2
s0dak1ng
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 02-02-2016, 13:49
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/...morpgs-of-2016

Haven't played a mmorpg since WoW many many years ago.

I am looking forward to Dark Age of Camelot 2 the most since DAOC was one of my favorite game of all time, thinking about it alone brought up all the bitter sweet memories of college days. There were something special about Midgard's cold rain indeed.

What about you.

Last edited by s0dak1ng; 02-02-2016 at 13:52..
Sponsored Links
drake
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 02-02-2016, 13:57
none mmorpgs are the worst games ever made. Sure if you are a moron who likes constantly doing the same repetitive task for no end game good for you.

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 02-02-2016, 14:08
I'd say Star Citizen. I backed it for $40 like 2 years ago.

After seeing that "let's play" from the creator where he ran in hallways for 15 mins, the excitement has worn off. I don't really follow the game closely, but it still looks really pretty and I bet VR will add a lot.

The Warhammer 40K game as well. All that said, no one has time for a serious MMO anymore.

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 02-02-2016, 14:46
they took the fun out of mmos.

it's all grinding now

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 02-02-2016, 14:56
It's an epic stretch to call Star Citizen an MMORPG.

Don't try to bait me with textbook definitions of "roleplaying". SC is nothing like an RPG, let alone an MMORPG. It has player-controlled avatars and a loose mission system with "persistence", but that's where the similarities end. No stats, no levels, no classes, no "gear", no "loot", no factions, no grind. All skill and all twitch. It's about as far from MMORPG territory as you can get and still be an online game. There are modern FPS shooters with more RPG elements than SC.

Harbinger
VeteranX
Old
6 - 02-02-2016, 15:03
Uh i think u can buy weapons and **** in sc. Doesnt that count as gear?

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 02-02-2016, 15:07
Not gear, "gear". In the RPG sense.

An assault rifle is an assault rifle no matter how many times you pick one up. There are no Assault Rifles of Pwning +5, and wielding one doesn't add 10 points to your Gear Score or magically make you more effective in combat against space orks.

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 02-02-2016, 15:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
It's an epic stretch to call Star Citizen an MMORPG.

Don't try to bait me with textbook definitions of "roleplaying". SC is nothing like an RPG, let alone an MMORPG. It has player-controlled avatars and a loose mission system with "persistence", but that's where the similarities end. No stats, no levels, no classes, no "gear", no "loot", no factions, no grind. All skill and all twitch. It's about as far from MMORPG territory as you can get and still be an online game. There are modern FPS shooters with more RPG elements than SC.
That makes SC sound pretty boring. What exactly are you doing in space all day if you aren't pimping out your avatar? Should I think of this as more of an open world fps?

LouCypher
VeteranX
Old
9 - 02-02-2016, 15:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
Sure if you are a moron who likes constantly doing the same repetitive task for no end game good for you.
Isn't that the objective of almost every popular game, including Tribes?

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 02-02-2016, 15:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
That makes SC sound pretty boring. What exactly are you doing in space all day if you aren't pimping out your avatar? Should I think of this as more of an open world fps?
Yes.

You can still pimp yourself out cosmetically. They recently revealed that we'll have 36 clothing "manufacturers" to choose from in the final game.

I suppose you could pimp your ship to some degree -- there is planned gameplay for swapping ship components to customize performance for intended roles and combat styles.

drake
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 02-02-2016, 19:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCypher View Post
Isn't that the objective of almost every popular game, including Tribes?
fail bait , no its not the same thing. Tribes required skill and was fluid and dynamic. MMO/rpgs dont even require a brain.

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
12 - 02-02-2016, 19:08
***** you obv never tried to 87 box nig

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 02-02-2016, 19:10
Crowfall is at the top of my last. I was looking forward to Camelot Unchained, but its development seems kinda iffy thus far. I've done some of their beta tests or whatever they're calling them and they're a mess atm. I'm also not a fan of its setting and the races/factions compared to DAoC. Pledged $150 to Camelot Unchained and $215 to Crowfall.

Vance
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 02-02-2016, 21:41
i remember being 15 years old and making ridiculous rr2+ thidranki toons and leveling them to 30+ in one sitting

and having like 30 people camp my corpse when i inevitably died

i miss that

drake
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 02-02-2016, 21:45
sounds like a blast (it really doesnt).

Vance
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 02-02-2016, 21:47
you obviously dont know what a blast is

because it was a blast

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 02-02-2016, 22:12
i'm really just a big fan of clicker heroes when i want to beat some bosses, level up, and grind to get bigger and better things

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clicker_Heroes

no fluff, no leroy jenkins ****ing up my plans, no nothing, just clicking

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 02-02-2016, 22:39
The Division isn't an MMO nor is it an RPG, not anymore than Borderlands is anyway.

Very nice looking casual third person shooter.

arcadus
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 02-02-2016, 23:48
crowfall and star citizen by default i guess because i backed them

Synth
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 02-02-2016, 23:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdoggie View Post
The Division isn't an MMO nor is it an RPG, not anymore than Borderlands is anyway.

Very nice looking casual third person shooter.
is this console only?

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page which of the following 9 mmorpgs are you looking forward to the most?

Social Website Bullshit