[Legions] What pissses me off the most by Wish Bear - Page 13 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Legions] What pissses me off the most
Page 13 of 25
Rev_Night
WelchesXV
Old
241 - 06-27-2008, 12:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratos View Post
Wow, those posts are like some horrible combination of TseTse's multi-quoting power & SuicideTaxi's walls of text.
ha true.

Sponsored Links
KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
242 - 06-27-2008, 12:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratos View Post
Wow, those posts are like some horrible combination of TseTse's multi-quoting power & SuicideTaxi's walls of text.
Nigga that's how I've always rolled. This is called Kryand's Multi-Text Wall Frenzy Quoting.

someone should probably pick a new name

dweeb
VeteranXV
Old
243 - 06-27-2008, 12:33
Also, Blitz was fired from Toys R Us for taking pictures of unknowing mothers on his cell phone...

Just, ya know, for reference or whatever

thereal Shaolinmonk
Veteran++
Old
244 - 06-27-2008, 12:40
I don't mind the game and see potential for the future, but jeezus shut the **** up already rampancy. I've stopped reading your corny bull**** run on arguments pages ago.

seriously, it makes my eyes and head hurt to read your trolling bull****. you need to "get over it" and "let go" of trying to impress anyone in this thread or forum.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
245 - 06-27-2008, 12:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryandArturo View Post
Hmm, I think it's pretty clear which one of us never played Tribes competitively. That's not what happened at all.
Medium gets used for farming. Heavy gets used for point defense and blowing **** up with mortars. Light is the only armor really viable for general use against good players. It's the most versatile and flexible, and the mechanics of Tribes make it so that a light armor user will win against an evenly talented medium armor user in combat 90% of the time, unless it's a strictly indoor fight. Heavy has a better chance of surviving, since it's packing massive health and a mortar, but the light wearer will still win unless the heavy is an accomplished chainer or the light armored player ****s up. Unless the heavy's close enough to spam a decent target after the fight, he's left with low enough health to be essentially worthless until he respawns. Mine-disking works to the advantage of light players more so than heavy or meidum players unless it's a fly-by or indoor combat. Heavy cappers can be harder to kill after the grab, but they're slower and easier to stop before it happens. They sacrifice tons of health to remain at capping speed. Medium cappers are usually forced to rely on being able to grab and get clear with enough health leftover for a second DJ.

Tribes is certainly geared towards light dominance. Heavy does have a place of sorts, and medium can farm (and works decent as a trasher in T2), but overall light comes out neatly on top.

Quote:
I guess we'll just have to see how Legions does then, huh. I won't be paying any attention, but I'm sure one of you will come running to this forum to tell us all about it.
Probably. If it turns out decent, there's plenty of players here to add to the playerbase.

Quote:
This genre is not very broad. The very things that need to be present to make a game part of this genre already make it 1/3rd of the way to Tribes. There's not a whole lot you can do with the last 2/3rds that isn't really easy to see. There is a very very slight chance that some amazing breakthrough could happen, but it's not something that anyone is going to develop over time. It's something that has to be spontaneously discovered, like skiing. The only interesting new thing added in Legions is downward jetting, but that doesn't really change anything. It's just another button to press to help you go fast. Overdrive is like a stupid disc jump, and from what I hear it's not really a huge deal in terms of impacting the game. It's pretty easy to see that no such amazing breakthrough is present in Legions. Anyway, all that said, it's entirely likely that Tribes is the best game this genre will ever see.
All this genre needs is the possibility of fast movement and a jetpack. And you're talking to the wrong people about Overdrive if that's what you've heard about it. It has a massive effect on flag dynamics. I can go more in-depth for you if you want, but I doubt you're interested.

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure it will grow to be better than it is right now. It'll still be boring, and every time I play it I will stop soon after and play some Tribes just to remember what a real game of this genre is like.
Tribes is dead. Good luck getting together enough decent T1 base/T2 classic players to bring back those memories.

Quote:
Plenty of people never played Tribes or even heard of it. If they marketed the game as something completely new and interesting, you could trick a lot of people into thinking that was the case. New people would be a lot more likely to play it than the average old Tribes players, even if it was a replica. Legions on the other hand, is the exact opposite, because they appear to be trying to appeal to Tribes people, but making the game non-Tribes. I really haven't seen a damn thing for advertising by them other than word-of-mouth, which is apparently as much bad as it is good, if not more so. Anyway, I already said I think they both would fail, so it doesn't really matter.
Fair enough. Tribes with good marketing would actually be pretty interesting. A nice little blend of T1 and T2 with a reworked missile system would probably be pretty fun. Still most of the "same old ****" problem with it though.

Quote:
I guess everyone in the history of the internet, as well as most in the history of arguing at all, sucks cock at arguing then. Very rarely does anyone change there mind about anything, ever, with the sole cause of someone else convincing them to do so. If that was the basis for "shutting down" someone, then it would never happen. The real basis is when you make someone's point obsolete. At that point, they might still trying to argue it, but everyone else can clearly see that they are stupid.
Absolutely. Internet arguing is mostly about the outsiders, not the participants. Shutting down a person doesn't matter, actually shutting down the argument does. A mere statement of opinion doesn't "shut down" a point of view. More often than not, it comes down to the strength of the arguer and not the point of view. If they're anywhere close to evenly matched, typically both argue to the point that it looks silly, they agree on a stalemate, or they move towards compromise if that's a possibility. As I recall, last time, we skipped over those and went straight through directing responses at clear retards and declaring Mission Accomplished a couple weeks later, but hey, nothing wrong with exceptions.

Last edited by Rampancy; 06-27-2008 at 12:55..
starwolf_nexus
VeteranXV
Old
246 - 06-27-2008, 12:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampancy View Post
Remember that post yesterday where I said there was only a few people ****ting all over Legions constantly (similar to how there's a few of us regularly defending it)?

Reading comprehension for the win.
really after leaving this thread at over a day ago you were still debating the term consistency with my first MA

are you so ****ing dense in the ****ing overly inefficient head of yours that you feel the need to further debate two different posts as the same ****ing post

Here I'll do the explaining and you'll still fail to realize the ****ing point of my statement you failed to comprehend

1 round of playing to achieve my first MA
1 day to consistently MA people
TV 1 week to consistently MA People

heres another way of explaining it
after a day of ****ing playing I'm able to consistently score MA's in Legions in which my first MA was achieved in the first round of ever playing Legions...
After a week of ****ing playing TV I was able to consistently score MA's

In NO was shape or form did I say my 1st MA meant I was able to consistently MA people, You assumed that stupdly.

It was my second post that I elaborated on the simplicity of Legions and why it sucks, which you still are failing to realize the difference between the first ****ing post and the second post.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
247 - 06-27-2008, 12:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal Shaolinmonk View Post
I don't mind the game and see potential for the future, but jeezus shut the **** up already rampancy. I've stopped reading your corny bull**** run on arguments pages ago.

seriously, it makes my eyes and head hurt to read your trolling bull****. you need to "get over it" and "let go" of trying to impress anyone in this thread or forum.
You could try ignoring them. Just a thought.

sheex
VeteranX
Old
248 - 06-27-2008, 12:58
Wait, so this has been really bugging me

You two keep saying that legions isn't supposed to be ripping-off tribes, but your only reasoning for that is because munge said so?

What distinguishes legions from tribes besides overdrive?

dweeb
VeteranXV
Old
249 - 06-27-2008, 13:01
Down jet you ****ing idiot

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
250 - 06-27-2008, 13:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf_nexus View Post
In NO was shape or form did I say my 1st MA meant I was able to consistently MA people, You assumed that stupdly.
In no way shape or form did you transition from talking about your first MA to your ability to MA consistently. That said, were you playing against scrubs or decent players? Most T:V players were at the very least familiar with Tribes and knew how to dodge a little. Scrubs generally aren't familiar with efficient, unpredictable motion.

I'll agree that combat is a little simpler and dumbed down in the Open Beta build, since they upped recharge and gave you more energy. The previous build was significantly more skill-based when it came to combat, and energy management was incredibly important. There was a heavier-feeling, more momentum-based build in the works, but for some reason or another didn't get released with OB. If it stays like this, **** Legions, but it's more likely to change than not.

God I ****ing hope it changes.

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
251 - 06-27-2008, 13:07
Quote:
Medium gets used for farming. Heavy gets used for point defense and blowing **** up with mortars. Light is the only armor really viable for general use against good players. It's the most versatile and flexible, and the mechanics of Tribes make it so that a light armor user will win against an evenly talented medium armor user in combat 90% of the time, unless it's a strictly indoor fight. Heavy has a better chance of surviving, since it's packing massive health and a mortar, but the light wearer will still win unless the heavy is an accomplished chainer or the light armored player ****s up. Unless the heavy's close enough to spam a decent target after the fight, he's left with low enough health to be essentially worthless until he respawns. Mine-disking works to the advantage of light players more so than heavy or meidum players unless it's a fly-by or indoor combat. Heavy cappers can be harder to kill after the grab, but they're slower and easier to stop before it happens. They sacrifice tons of health to remain at capping speed. Medium cappers are usually forced to rely on being able to grab and get clear with enough health leftover for a second DJ.

Tribes is certainly geared towards light dominance. Heavy does have a place of sorts, and medium can farm (and works decent as a trasher in T2), but overall light comes out neatly on top.
Ok, that was a better explanation, but that still doesn't mean light is "on top". As you were saying, all of the armors are used for different, equally important things. Light can't do the things that medium and heavy can do. Sure, light can do more of other things, but that doesn't make it overall "more useful". Light does not always overcome every other armor. Darkstrand almost exclusively uses heavy armor and very often he can go an entire PU or match without ever dying, killing lots and lots of lights. I myself have had plenty of experience destroying even skilled light players when I am in heavy armor through correctly executed mine-discs and CG fire. You are assuming that all of light's jobs are more important than the other armors' jobs, which is just not true. Either that or you are assuming that light is most useful, which is true for the most part, but how is that a bad thing? It would be a complete waste of effort trying to work out every single position so that every armor is exactly as useful as the other 2, and it would probably ruin the game even if you did balance it like that. It's perfect the way it is.

Quote:
All this genre needs is the possibility of fast movement and a jetpack. And you're talking to the wrong people about Overdrive if that's what you've heard about it. It has a massive effect on flag dynamics. I can go more in-depth for you if you want, but I doubt you're interested.
Well I was speaking more along the lines of CTF. However, pretty much any idea anyone could come up with to modify or deviate from CTF and keep the fast movement and jetpack idea, there is already a Tribes 2 mod for it that has been thoroughly played and tested already. Some of them were great, some of the got worse over time, but either way it all just adds to Tribes being perfect.

Quote:
Tribes is dead. Good luck getting together enough decent T1 base/T2 classic players to bring back those memories.
For the 4th time, I have no interest in ever reviving Tribes again. The same cannot be said for Legions fans. If I don't play Legions, I won't need have the desire to play Tribes afterwards, and all is well.

Quote:
Fair enough. Tribes with good marketing would actually be pretty interesting. A nice little blend of T1 and T2 with a reworked missile system would probably be pretty fun. Still most of the "same old ****" problem with it though.
This is true, and a large part of the reason why I really have no interest in a new Tribes or Tribes-like game.

Quote:
Absolutely. Internet arguing is mostly about the outsiders, not the participants. Shutting down a person doesn't matter, actually shutting down the argument does. A mere statement of opinion doesn't "shut down" a point of view. More often than not, it comes down to the strength of the arguer and not the point of view. If they're anywhere close to evenly matched, typically both argue to the point that it looks silly, they agree on a stalemate, or they move towards compromise if that's a possibility.
Well as far as the whole shutting down thing, way back in that post I was only even referring to when he said that we need to "move on", because I already addressed the whole which one of us needs to move on issue in the previous post. I don't even remember the rest of what that guy said.

sheex
VeteranX
Old
252 - 06-27-2008, 13:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeb View Post
Down jet you ****ing idiot
I can't tell if you're kidding, but adding one key to go faster in a direction isn't really enough to call it a whole new brilliant idea

Tantric Rex
VeteranXV
Old
253 - 06-27-2008, 13:15
I can just see Rampancy and Blitz running around the servers demanding that they be allowed to show every new person that has installed the game how to ski.

And then they probably argue with people all day with the in game chats.

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
254 - 06-27-2008, 13:22
Rampancy must be one of the developers little ******y brothers or something.

MikSchultzy
VeteranXX
Old
255 - 06-27-2008, 13:26
I've only watched the gameplay videos sofar, but from what I've seen:

Movement seems alittle stiff. Animations are lacking. Death Gibs look dumb. Maps are basic.

The only thing that really bothers me are the stiff movements and the animations. Otherwise, it looks like a game that I will enjoy.

Honestly though, I've been playing Battlefield (2142) because I like it's balance and large map environments. It's the only game since Tribes (1, 2, or T:V) that I have been able to play for 200+ hours (and counting, in 2142). I've played a few other games (GRAW, GRAW2, Rainbow 6), but none of them really hold me like Tribes/2142 has.

I hope this one grabs ahold of me. I'm really needing a more Z-axised game.

As for NoFix, and others that seem to do nothing but bash it. wtf? Nothing will ever come out of "The game Sucks". If that's the case, leave the discussions alone. Devs just get discouraged and stop development - or just ignore you completely. Hence why T:V never did anything worthwhile. ****ing TW whiners ruined that one. :\

thereal Shaolinmonk
Veteran++
Old
256 - 06-27-2008, 13:28
I doubt it, they would have told him to shut it, or that he is doing more harm than good at this point.

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
257 - 06-27-2008, 13:34
wow i didn't think anyone could combine the douche powers of tsetse, taxi, kura, and validuz and be more annoying than even all that combined, but holy **** rampancy just did it

starwolf_nexus
VeteranXV
Old
258 - 06-27-2008, 13:35
Quote:
God I ****ing hope it changes.
here is the common ground all of us share but some are a little more realistic about it.. its going to take a long ass time for them to improve it to what has been established as a benchmark (Tribes) , by that time most will have quit caring

mainly the negative people you keep bashing for having a beef about in a thread called "[legions] what pisses me off the most"

its quite a shock that we may have anything bad to say about a game that is supposed to attract the same people that were playing Tribes which in fact it falls quite short of anything new being brought to the table...

its like a can of Pepsi verse fountain Pepsi, we've already played Canned Pepsi and the Fountain Pepsi leaves a bad taste in our mouth like T:V

dweeb
VeteranXV
Old
259 - 06-27-2008, 14:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheex View Post
I can't tell if you're kidding, but adding one key to go faster in a direction isn't really enough to call it a whole new brilliant idea
I was kidding

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
260 - 06-27-2008, 14:10
blitz and rampancy are total idiots and think T:V was a good game and that legions is going to be a huge success.

Page 13 of 25

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Legions] What pissses me off the most

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
anal dog sex , badmofo is faggot , blitz sucks dev cock here , ender has herpes lol , fagmotron , free gon , i snipe cops , kill cops 4 great justice , legions , lolz browser , matthew dewald is fat , nerdvirgins , play in browser , rampancy sucks ia cock , t1>legions pos why play