VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
281 - 07-06-2008, 14:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightMare View Post
what
you say:

1) "what a shocker they picked that fan fav" which means, that they picked a fan favorite that didn't deserve to win...
2) "What's even funnier is that it has rampage as the winner" which is equivalent that Forrest was the winner...

so basically, you've declined both as the winner...

Sponsored Links
naptown
VeteranXV
Old
282 - 07-06-2008, 14:48
the best part about mma is people thinking the best fighter always wins

little do you idiots know that the payout from vegas is a lot more than they would earn from the fight itself

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
283 - 07-06-2008, 14:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbi9 View Post
you say:

1) "what a shocker they picked that fan fav" which means, that they picked a fan favorite that didn't deserve to win...
2) "What's even funnier is that it has rampage as the winner" which is equivalent that Forrest was the winner...

so basically, you've declined both as the winner...
huh? That stat tracker said rampage was a winner despite the fact he lost according to the judges. If anything it validates my point about the judges picking the fan fav.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
284 - 07-06-2008, 14:51
Quote:
huh? That stat tracker said rampage was a winner despite the fact he lost according to the judges. If anything it validates my point about the judges picking the fan fav.
No they picked a draw based on the 10point must system, but its easy to see in round 3 giving it to griffin instead of rampage, making the 2x 48-46 scores rational. the 49-46 is some retarded judge that shouldn't be scoring MMA, but thankfully the new MMA unification rules will help fix that some...

boston
VeteranXV
Old
285 - 07-06-2008, 14:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown View Post
the best part about mma is people thinking the best fighter always wins

little do you idiots know that the payout from vegas is a lot more than they would earn from the fight itself

Even if that was true, and it may have happened on occasion. The odds on this fight really werent lopsided enough to really make this reasonable.

JaPaNDa
VeteranX
Old
286 - 07-06-2008, 14:54
Melvin Guillard + Cocaine = Exciting KO

Icey
VeteranX
Old
287 - 07-06-2008, 14:57
I'm in agreement about the 49-46. I did not see that at all. But 48-46 seems like the right result, though I suppose a draw can be argued.

The bottom line is that Griffin worked his game while it appeared Jackson just reacted to what Forrest was doing. Hurts me to say that because I love Rampage, but he was simply not on his game and let Forrest dictate the pace and the action. And while I agree that you need to take the belt from the champ and Griffin didn't really kick Rampage's ass, he certainly asserted himself in the fight and took control of the cage for the majority of the fight. That's good enough for a win, and in this case, the strap.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
288 - 07-06-2008, 15:02
Quote:
No they picked a draw based on the 10point must system, but its easy to see in round 3 giving it to griffin instead of rampage, making the 2x 48-46 scores rational. the 49-46 is some retarded judge that shouldn't be scoring MMA, but thankfully the new MMA unification rules will help fix that some...
what are you trying to argue? I still dont quite understand how that equals to playing both sides

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
289 - 07-06-2008, 15:05
rampage won the fight. sorry. this is ufc playing the whole TUF bull**** out. i can't believe not a single judge gave that fight to jackson. this is criminal

Merrix
Veteran5
Old
290 - 07-06-2008, 15:11
Quote:
you're an idiot but that isnt news.
Like you have room to talk. You're trying to say Rampage lost the fight. Not only did all 3 judges score it in favor of Griffin, but Rampange already ****ing admitted he was beat in the ring. Get over all the conspiracy bull**** people, Griffin won, end of story.

We'll see who the better fighter is in the rematch. I think it will be Griffin, simply because Griffin is a better fighter. Jackson needs to learn to control his mood better and his ground game is horrible. The only thing he has over Griffin as it stands is stand up striking, which obviously wasn't enough.

Last edited by Merrix; 07-06-2008 at 15:22..
Leonidas Tzu
VeteranXX
Old
291 - 07-06-2008, 15:22
http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...t&lid=tab7pos1

Pretty good article.

Leonidas Tzu
VeteranXX
Old
292 - 07-06-2008, 15:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrix View Post
Like you have room to talk. You're trying to say Rampage lost the fight. Not only did all 3 judges score it in favor of Griffin, but Rampange already ****ing admitted he was beat in the ring. Get over all the conspiracy bull**** people, Griffin won, end of story.

We'll see who the better fighter is in the rematch.
Page was being classy in defeat instead of being a *****y whiner. The judges ****ed up.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
293 - 07-06-2008, 15:24
Quote:
what?

Merrix
Veteran5
Old
294 - 07-06-2008, 15:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas Tzu View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...t&lid=tab7pos1

Pretty good article.
Yup, that article sums it up nicely. Rampage is one classy dude.

Leonidas Tzu
VeteranXX
Old
295 - 07-06-2008, 15:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
I thought the decision in this fight was complete horse****.

I had it:

10-9 Jackson
9-10 Griffin
10-9 Jackson
10-9 Jackson
9-10 Griffin

48-47 for Jackson

I don't feel comfortable giving a 10-9 round when you land one shot that hurts a guy and then do nothing with it. Jackson was never in danger on the ground in Round 2, and Forrest didn't really do any damage to speak of.

I can see how some people would have given a 10-8 though, but even still, that puts my score at 47-47 for a Draw.

I absolutely cannot see Forrest coming out with a 2 point decision in that fight (not to mention that one of the judges gave a 10-10 which you really should never do). I watched the whole fight twice, and I just don't see it.
I pretty much agree with this post.

Merrix
Veteran5
Old
296 - 07-06-2008, 15:27
Quote:
what?
Haha, learn to read I guess? I don't even know what to say.

Leonidas Tzu
VeteranXX
Old
297 - 07-06-2008, 15:29
Quote:
btw, since koscheck beat lytle, that helps recement him nearer the top of 170, probably 4th-6th in the division?
Honestly, Kos is probably 3 or 4 in the division now. I think him and Alves should go at it for a title shot against GSP.

-{KZ}-
VeteranX
Old
298 - 07-06-2008, 15:32
Anyone else think UFC 86 sucked? The pre-lims sounded more exciting than most of the main card. TG/MA was boring as ****, same with Kos/Lytle. Cote/Almeida was alright, but thats probably just because I was rooting for Cote. I didn't cath Tibau/Stevenson though. The main event was pretty good but the ****ty scoring by the judges irritated me a bit. Oh well, K-1 MAX is on tonight.

Merrix
Veteran5
Old
299 - 07-06-2008, 15:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas Tzu View Post
I pretty much agree with this post.
It's clear round 1 went to Jackson cause of the knockdown. However, in round 2 Forrest dominated much more than jackson did in round 1. Just cause he "almost" had a knock down doesn't mean ****, this is griffin we're talking about, guys got a chin of steel and more heart than almost anyone in the game. The last 3 rounds could have gone either way. Both fighters changed up their gameplan. I think that Griffin just executed his better.

As I said before, Griffin is a better MMA fighter. Jackson needs to improve his striking defense and his ground game in order to dominate UFC. Can he do it? Hell ya, it's ****ing Rampage we're talking about. Did he deserve to hands down win last night? No ****ing way in hell. It was a close fight but he got out maneuvered.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
300 - 07-06-2008, 15:32
Quote:
Yup, that article sums it up nicely. Rampage is one classy dude.
I suggest taking a course or two in english before hoping over the fence

Page 15 of 20

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , balls touching , kahula lays jew eggs , matthew dewald is fat , rogan said goat vagina , ufc