Zoph eats at shitty places so you don't have to

From one of the local places yesterday. Salad, and Half Pound Cheese Burger with fries. Yummy for tummy.

hCcP0mr.jpg

Lemon super sour mode engage

also, how in the fuck is midxe 11% of this thread/

He's an attention whore. There's nothing wrong with that. I used to do it for years back when I was needy. But wait... Mitch has been QUIET for the past couple of days.

You didn't temp ban him, did u Beren?

La Madeleine French Bakery and Restaurant, Rockville, Md.

o.jpg

Funny things about the French. They think that Jerry Lewis was a comedic genius. And they are terrible at war. They roll over faster than tehvul at a gay pride festival. But... they can bake and cook like nobody's business.

Yeah, it's Yuppie Haven. But let that slide for at least a minute. Unlike Panera Bread, a similar Yuppie restaurant, La Madeleine actually SHOWZ YOU THE FOOD!! It's cafeteria style. But what better way to preview your lunch than to check it out first behind the counter?

Pick up your tray and peruse your possible selections. A wide variety of fresh fruits, piping hot soups, garden fresh salads, and tantalizing quiche choices greet you. The only thing that you can't get immediately is a sandwich. Tell the cashier your sandwich choice. Then she'll give you a colored cardboard cone that identifies the particular sandwich that you ordered. Then a server will bring your sandwich to your table once its made. Sandwich choices include all deli favorites.

os-la-madeleine-cafe-florida-mall-mall-at-millennia

e98eca53a67af3d27956f3826748270d.jpg

Although sit down was fine when I went, that may not be available now due to Montgomery County being exceptionally anal.

After you are finished with your meal, you can stop by the bakery counter on your way out to pick up some confection for you or your family for later.

desserts.jpg

It's a bit pricey. But you get what you pay for. Bowl of cream of tomato soup, slice of spinach quiche, and large mug of fresh strawberries (lightly sugared) with passion fruit iced green tea set me back $21.

My grade: A. Well worth it IMO.

Last edited:
Jersey Mike's Subs, Beltway Plaza, Md. (near College Park).

5941180.0.jpg

After the racist treatment that I got there about a year ago, I swore that I'd never return. Damned niggers who worked there wouldn't even acknowledge that I was even there after they took my order. So after about 15 minutes of standing around while waiting for them to do something about my order while they bumped two blacks and processed them ahead of me, I just walked out.

I decided to give this place another go earlier today. Thankfully, the black militant manager and her tribal flunkies were naught to be found. They had moved on to greener pastures. Or they were killed by cops or fired for their racist habits. They were replaced by two blacks who were obviously "company men" because they were eager to serve. After a year of financial hard times, they were even ready to serve white breads like myself. The only racist who remained was this Mexican women named Marlene who really didn't particularly enjoy her job. At least twice, Marlene had to be cajoled by the two black guys to actually do her job and make my damned sub.

2014-05-14-10.27.30-750x500.jpg

I knew that I was in trouble when Marlene had to be called from the back to take my order. She spoke with this broken Mexican brogue that sounded like she was trying to talk with a mouth full of marbles. Although she started to work on my sub, she abandoned it entirely when it was almost ready to be packaged and given to me after I paid for it. One of the black guys had to finish it up and give it to me while Marlene was diddling in the back room. It was missing many of the toppings that I had ordered including green peppers, fried onions, and lettuce.

I highly do NOT recommend that you pay for "meal combos" that include chips and a drink because they are notorious for over charging. Just get your sandwich and get out of there quickly.

The regular sized cheese steak was still good despite missing many toppings. It cost me $8.25 plus tax.

If you like your subs with a heavy side of racial hate, then Jersey Mike's is for you. I give it a C.

Last edited:
Some food from the past couple weeks:

95ba3e43d48164810e9bd35e66c892a9.jpg

Surprisingly really good Tuna in a tiny town in Indiana (New Harmony, IN).

96c0c32579b73dadba14d9e7dd510842.jpg

dac1f16608654cf3065cd7a31a4e370c.jpg

Dingo's chicken sandwich and salad from Houston's in Orlando, FL.

1863cef13df4b57b44b4fe58f34403e9.jpg

Wings from East West in Birmingham, AL. So fucking good.

c762e8b8d6dc584828ede9bb8fa56d87.jpg

53141588d42b9b544e2605c2fde23519.jpg

Turkish neighbor made this for us. Some kind of lemon bread thing, it was really good whatever it was. They also made Shakshuka.

4af92d3e7bdb77067caa4042b21d5bc3.jpg

d7e59b37aaac83cc1d700ba7350af006.jpg

Breakfast in Atlanta, GA. Eggs were bomb, B&G was a bit lacking.

d4d4caae10af41a5d2fbc47d47f51415.jpg

This one goes back a couple months. Best soup I've ever had in my life. Was at some fancy place in Santa Fe, NM.

ppl that photograph everything they eat should have their fingers broken and their phones taken away

ppl that provide content and insightful reviews should be congratulated though

thx zoph u geriatric creeper

:D at flash and photographing his foods: Yeah, what do you think this is? face book?

Looks delicious though. At least it looked appetizing.

You can shit post on mine if I can shit post on yours. Deal?

I'm dealing with it

literally shaking right now

what type of soup is that at the end? Looks more like a whipped cream dessert with chocolate powder

Silver Diner, Greenbelt, Md.

Silver_Diner_in_Greenbelt_Md.jpg

(Note: This is a pic of the actual Silver Diner where I ate my lunch versus a stock photo when I can't find my particular restaurant's picture on the internet.)

They must be having trouble hiring quality help because the migrant workers would rather collect their government hand outs than do an honest day's work for shit wages. This has been true for many restaurants of late. Silver Diner is no exception.

375254_l.jpg

For seniors like me, "blue plate specials" offer a favorable option: Lesser portions at cheaper prices. I buy these often. But not today, Mate! Today, I was hungry.

I sat down for waitress service. Carry out was also available. Fortunately, I was able to sit right away with no wait period in the lobby.

My waitress was a young, skinny, light skinned black girl just barely of age. Well, I like to think that she was honest when reporting her age when she applied for her job not too long ago. She seemed more than eager to serve without the belligerent attitude that accompanies many blacks in her position who just seethe with hatred for the white man. Looks like she has had SOME training at least.

I already knew exactly what I wanted without having to read the menu: Crabcake platter with two sides: mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables. Crabcakes are "a thing" around these (Maryland) parts, hon. When done right, they are meaty and delicious. When done wrong, they are too heavily caked with batter; or, they aren't properly cleared of tiny bits of shell which are annoying when they get stuck in your teeth. The crabcakes at Silver Diner are average to above, quite the feat since the place doesn't specialize in cooking seafood.

After she took my order (which included a glass of ice water), I got up to wash my hands. She stopped me right at the door to inform me that my order also included a salad or soup, my choice. I picked the corn chowder with crabmeat on the spot. The mens room was sufficiently clean. It was a busy time. So staff must go in there to maintain cleanliness at regular intervals.

I was waiting quite awhile for my soup to arrive after I had returned to my table. Instead, she brought the main course and the glass of ice water. I had to remind her that she told me that soup was also included. And doesn't the soup generally come first? Or at the very least, comes WITH the order if they are in that fucking much of a hurry. She apologized; then, went to fetch it.

I was almost done with the fine tasting meal when she finally brought the soup. When she did, I asked for a refill of my ice water which I had almost entirely finished. Instead of her fetching a pitcher of ice water to fill my glass, she simply confiscated what remained of my glass. Before I could stop her, she was gone.

The soup was very mediocre because there was no sign of crab in the corn chowder. There was just a "slightly crabby flavoring" with some old bay sauce.

She finally returned to find out "how things were going." I asked for the bill. And I had to remind her again about my ice water refill. She apologized again and returned with only the bill. Not sure why she kept avoiding to bring me the ice water.

I examined the bill. Seemed she charged me EXTRA for the mashed potatoes. I tried to remind her that the crab cake platter came with two sides and a choice of soup or salad. Now, she denied it while stating that the crab cake platter actually came with ONE side and the soup/ salad choice. I wondered why she didn't point that out when I originally made the order. But rather than protest further, I chalked it up to miscommunication. If you go to Silver Diner, I urge you to make your choices most carefully. They can and will over charge at any and every opportunity.

After she processed my bill, she finally did bring me a fresh glass of ice water. And while I must grant her only a mediocre score at service, I tipped her $5. The meal set me back $29 including tip.

If diners are your thing, I recommend that you give Silver Diner a try, at least. My grade: B-/C+.

Last edited:
Back