TWL vs TW: Where will you compete in T:V?

Depends on the admins. The admins of Tribes 2 stayed pretty even handed from base through the beginning of classic, but the adminning of Arena, 7 man and late era classic was atrocious. If the people in charge now stay in charge, I won't play there unless I absolutely have to.

ill play where the tribe i join goes

but yeah if arena is still being run by the same friends ill go elsewhere

I think we may see a large shift to TW if it gets off to a good start. Alot of people are banned and/or pissed off at TWL.

That's going to be a hardcore owning. Where after the match, you can go, "HEY VIR WE JUST GOT CO/SO'ed, BUT I WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO MA YOU, FU YOU COCKY LITTLE PRICK HAHA".

Do you see what's wrong with this picture? :shrug:

Ixiterra said:
And I may play on a team there just so I can MA VirDT's cocky little ass. Other than that, I'll probably play on the TW ladder.

Oh, and if T:V gets as popular as most of us would like it to be, TW and TWL will both be newbie cesspools (in comparison to the level of competition on CAL/CPL that is). Very popular games = CPL attention = top competition is on CAL with other leagues/ladders being a mere after thought.

edit: My timeline prediction in terms of top competition and its relation to the ladders.

T:V OB stage:

TWL the hub of competition, TW second. Best competition being on TWL but TW having some ok teams as well.

T:V retail stage:

At first, same as OB. (Barring any mega admin scandals anyways). After about 3 months, perhaps less, T:Vs popularity will be known. If its a very popular game, reaching some lofty height of say half of CS's users (dreaming here bear with me), CPL competitions with significant prizes could be planned. CAL being a gateway into those CPL competitions, would naturally become the most competitive format for tribes as a whole. Slowly after that TWL/TW would become lesser ladders/leagues in comparision. Unless TWL were to somehow offer prizes on scale with CPL (unlikely), anyways.

If T:V does not hit lofty popularity, and there aren't any major CPL sponsored events or tournaments, I'd say TWL would be number one competitively barring any major admin scandal, for the lifetime of the game, with TW being second.

Last edited:
When cheats are available, hopefully comp will go solely to TW because TWL sure won't do anything about it.

Plus Janus is a friend.

Edit: Damn censors. They at least need to use euphemisms. I'm too lazy to come up with one myself but I'm sure you guys know what I meant.

Last edited:
dunce_boy said:
...but, I think the more and more people see THIS, the more and more people will tend to lean toward TWL.

no one likes downtime
I agree completely. Experience and success are already in TWL's favor. TribalWar isn't known for much more than flaming, politics and downtime these days.

Also, those banned from TWL generally deserve it. It takes alot to get banned and if you're dumb enough to push the buttons of an admin with the ability to ban then you probably asked for it. Unless it was the last 6 months of T2 where if you badmouth the T2 arena admin or Sysadmin and get banned for a single flammatory comment.

There won't be any problems with TWL while we are playing, you can be certain of that ;)

but yes, hopefully tribes finally makes it to CAL/CPL with T:V and we get the chance to play some of the best teams from the various communities out there.

Here, in a fun league. Can't put in hours of practice, but want to play.
Also want all info about the league to be discussed in the forum here, during the day. Don't have time to use Mirc when I get home from work. My idea is to get all match info on this board during the day, go home, eat dinner, fire up the computer, log into the server, and play. Wow, what a concept.

ZProtoss said:
That's going to be a hardcore owning. Where after the match, you can go, "HEY VIR WE JUST GOT CO/SO'ed, BUT I WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO MA YOU, FU YOU COCKY LITTLE PRICK HAHA".

Do you see what's wrong with this picture? :shrug:
Yeah, you put the quote at the bottom.

Rev said:
Depends on the admins. The admins of Tribes 2 stayed pretty even handed from base through the beginning of classic, but the adminning of Arena, 7 man and late era classic was atrocious. If the people in charge now stay in charge, I won't play there unless I absolutely have to.

seem to me that the T:V admins will be falsock, bisquick, and some players to be named later.

no reason to knock maturity...

as with all other games - i'll be pubbing... wherever there's a solid crowd of good, mature regulars without a lot of attitude.

Back