Tribes 1.41 Summer Tournament

i think it be nice if each team play each side of a map 10-15 mins and switch then add up score to figure out winner this remove map imbalance like counter strikes

also if we use slightly weaker chaingun that be great 2 cuz if u get 10 tryhard cg'ers it gonna be a pretty queer game just imo tbh

my problem with the 10-15 minute suggestion is that it interrupts the flow of the map...momentum changes, players getting warm, strategy, etc.

I do agree that side selection should be more balanced but keep in mind that subs are mandatory and weaker players are better on open stands. Captains will pick a map/side where they are most favored to win with the roster they have. I'm hoping each team will have a core 3 members, and then role player subs.

as far as the cg Nerf, the server owners need to come to an agreement so that while practicing, 1 is not easier than the other. I am indifferent to it. The nerf while very small, makes a huge impact on team play. However, I dont see maverick changing the server, so cg will most likely remain the same. If he will nerf it, Im ok with that as well.

If you're interested in playing sign up here or let me or Skillz know in game. Teams will be balanced by captains. Team player limit will be 6 or 7, depending on signups. Subs are mandatory so that all players who sign up receive a chance to play. I will update the list as I receive confirmations.

Matches will be held on a Sunday once teams are figured out. Teams will play in a round robin bo3 series. Top two teams of the RR will play in the finals. SS's of flags/match demos are still mandatory despite the 1.41 patch.

Map Pool:
DangerousCrossingLT
RaindanceLT
StonehengeLT
LotusLT
StoneValleyLT
HildebrandLT
SpinCycleLT

If people are up to it, we can make this for a cash price with an entry fee, or just for fun.

List of players:

1. TheMorningStar
2. Skillz
3. Malice
4. darkpiece
5. Kill-Switch
6. bron
7. Jag420
8. nav0x
9. Majestic
10. Psycho[ByM]
11. gimli
12. Fallen|Lecat
13. chexmix
14. Krayvok
15. RescueKitteh
16. Lost
17. Danky
18. Ryezor
19. Dare
20. VY
21. Opsayo
22. citra
23. Stork
24. Scuzzle
iplay

Re: Community AfterHope

my problem with the 10-15 minute suggestion is that it interrupts the flow of the map...momentum changes, players getting warm, strategy, etc.

I do agree that side selection should be more balanced but keep in mind that subs are mandatory and weaker players are better on open stands. Captains will pick a map/side where they are most favored to win with the roster they have. I'm hoping each team will have a core 3 members, and then role player subs.

as far as the cg Nerf, the server owners need to come to an agreement so that while practicing, 1 is not easier than the other. I am indifferent to it. The nerf while very small, makes a huge impact on team play. However, I dont see maverick changing the server, so cg will most likely remain the same. If he will nerf it, Im ok with that as well.

maps play out similar despite side so a team can still pick a map that favors his team without having to exploit some stupid map imbalance or choosing not to pick a map they're good at because the other team will get the much better side

there is a server with the cg nerf that exists that can be used that you choose not to use

the cg these days is stronger than it has ever been in tribes history and if u need that handicap to put up good stats that is on u

I would like have cg nerf as well.

Also idk what format u were thinking of going with but I suggest RR be about playoff standings and every team makes playoffs. That way we dont have teams getting mathematically eliminated before final week of rr and no-showing.

??

if u wanna get more players involved into this tournament i suggest you either disable cg (i would like that, but it's bad 4 chasing) or nerf it in unconventional ways, because even if u nerf the damage aa aim like cgers w/ terp and <30 ping will need like 2 secs more 2 kill u. So u gotta make it good 4 chasing and bad 4 cgws. U can do that in various ways, but i think u should make its damage increase with speed - so the faster you go, the more damage the cg bullet would do. and maybe disable spread. it's good in every way u think about it.
im sure there r ppl here which would easily implement this.

draft tourney definitely sounds better than the shit vivid tried to pull with the duel tourney in arghs...too bad its LT.

you guys should do a base CTF tourney, LT very boring. count me in if its base my in game name is undercoverlover

Back