So, uhmm, help? I just don't know what to do anymore [LONG] by Tremorkill - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page So, uhmm, help? I just don't know what to do anymore [LONG]
Page 2 of 8
m00g00
VeteranX
Old
21 - 09-16-2008, 20:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lucius View Post
Join the armed forces.
I was gonna say that too. Sounds like a good choice to me.

Sponsored Links
buize
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 09-16-2008, 20:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by CERVICAL-KREMS View Post
I certainly feel better about myself now, thanks!

Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 09-16-2008, 20:40
Ever consider a serving job? I've never waited tables before but tons of my friends have. Aim for a place like an Outback steakhouse or somewhere where the meals are a little more expensive than say a Chili's or something along those lines. Look for a busy restaurant too if possible. Working 5 days a week should easily get you more than what you're currently making and will also help to improve on your social skills.

It's a gap fill type of a job but it can't hurt moneywise or socially.

m00g00
VeteranX
Old
24 - 09-16-2008, 20:42
also sell the bike on ebay motors or craigslist. No sense in keeping it if its weighing you down. Don't be a dumbass about it either, cover your bases and figure out what it takes to sell a vehicle.

Wraithed
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 09-16-2008, 20:42
I suggest you get out on the streets of Dallas and suck cowboy dick for money.

In all seriousness... take a 7.00/hour job work very hard and continue looking for better employment. Pay off the $800.00 and then attempt to go to school again. Maybe find a community college and take some classes that will help in whatever line of work you can find.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 09-16-2008, 20:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk-Man View Post
Ever consider a serving job? I've never waited tables before but tons of my friends have. Aim for a place like an Outback steakhouse or somewhere where the meals are a little more expensive than say a Chili's or something along those lines. Look for a busy restaurant too if possible. Working 5 days a week should easily get you more than what you're currently making and will also help to improve on your social skills.

It's a gap fill type of a job but it can't hurt moneywise or socially.
I worked at Outback - its part of what sent me further downwards, and also part of what helped me get back on my feet.

You'll make tons of money - be smart with it, however. And stay away from the 'lifers'. yes, they're fun to hang out with, but if you get too attached and aren't carefull your next thread will be about how your 35 and been a server for the last 13 years and have no skill set, no retirement, and your brain is severely damages.

fyi i was making roughly 20$/hr working as a server... of course I worked in the NOVA area - even rednecks left at least 15%

Baby Bew
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
27 - 09-16-2008, 20:43
Go break some laws. There's nothing more exhilarating than doing illegal things.

Plus if you're smart about it you won't get caught.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 09-16-2008, 20:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by vawlk View Post
As soon as you stop worrying about what other people think of you, your life will get better.
And realize that you need to take care of YOURSELF first. Budget your **** pronto.

Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 09-16-2008, 20:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
I worked at Outback - its part of what sent me further downwards, and also part of what helped me get back on my feet.

You'll make tons of money - be smart with it, however. And stay away from the 'lifers'. yes, they're fun to hang out with, but if you get too attached and aren't carefull your next thread will be about how your 35 and been a server for the last 13 years and have no skill set, no retirement, and your brain is severely damages.

fyi i was making roughly 20$/hr working as a server... of course I worked in the NOVA area - even rednecks left at least 15%
for sure.. like I said, it's a gap fill type of job. While you're in it set goals for yourself and stick to them. Don't take up heavy drinking and partying every night (as so many servers do) but do make a point to get out and socialize once in awhile with coworkers.

Joft
VeteranX
Old
30 - 09-16-2008, 20:46
Is something preventing you from selling your Harley? If not, then sell it. Sunk costs are sunk-- moving on is more important.

With your university situation: write a letter, make copies of it, and send them to lots of different administrative people at the school. Do the same with email.

Can you finish your community college degree? It might be worth doing, especially if any of your state universities have a deal where they admit community college graduates and accept their transfer credit and give them transfer scholarships and stuff.

For your job situation: Make a resume. Make it look professional. You could even just copy a template from the internet and fill in your name, etc. Mention as many skills as you can without sounding petty-- you can say things like "Wide range of computer skills, including word-processing," but should avoid saying things like "One of my professors said I was one of his best students," (if anything just ask that prof if you can list him as a character reference and do so). After you finish your resume (it shouldn't take too long, don't procrastinate on it), you can send copies of it to places where you're applying. This will look better than just submitting their application form.

For life in general, try to concentrate on just improving yourself and improving your situation. Any little thing you can do makes a difference. Eat, sleep, and exercise right. I highly recommend volunteering-- perhaps you can help register people to vote in this election? Do anything to just stay somewhat active and you'll feel better about yourself. That, in turn, makes you able to do more and be more confident, which will translate into even better results, etc.

edit: WHATEVER YOU ****ING DO, DO *NOT* JOIN THE ARMED FORCES

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 09-16-2008, 20:49
Are there any soft core bike riding clubs? People get together on the weekend and ride their motorcycles somewhere? When I had a Camaro I joined a club and had a lot of fun with it for a couple years and we met people from all over.

RF Tesla
Veteran++
Old
32 - 09-16-2008, 20:50
I hate to say it, but the military sounds right for you. If you don't want to be in a combat role, pick something in the air force.

Fancy Cat
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
33 - 09-16-2008, 20:50
if you're that much of a ***** join the air force

you'll fit right in

Hobo Wino
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 09-16-2008, 20:50
Honestly, detox has some good points I will also suggest a more goal oriented approach, this has always assisted me when I ****ed up in some way or another, Get a piece of paper and write down what you want to do, could be anything from get a job or degree etc, then start figuring out what you have o do to get there. Nothing happens over night, you may have to do something you don't particularly like for a time so that you can get where you want to go.
I would say a good place to start is school, you have 50 hours of CC so that is a start, find a way to apply that somehow and get some sort of cert out of it. From there its an easier step to University or to a trade etc, Just make everything one a step, I know it sounds cliche but its short term goals that lead to long term success

/|maverick|\
VeteranX
Old
35 - 09-16-2008, 20:51
Hey dude, i live in ranger, just a few miles away from dallas, we should have a beer together!

Theatrikal
VeteranX
Old
36 - 09-16-2008, 20:51
There's lots of good advice in here, so I won't bother repeating it.

Just don't panic man. Figure out a solid plan for yourself, work hard at it and you'll be back on your feet in no time.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
37 - 09-16-2008, 20:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo Wino View Post
Nothing happens over night...
yes, making a rash decision right now might hurt you in the long run... you need to make good decisions from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo Wino View Post
I would say a good place to start is school, you have 50 hours of CC so that is a start, find a way to apply that somehow and get some sort of cert out of it. From there its an easier step to University or to a trade etc, Just make everything one a step, I know it sounds cliche but its short term goals that lead to long term success
thats what i wound up doing... i'm still in school at a university, i work 40+ hours aweek and take classes at night - on the side I tend to my relationship and take care of my dog + i'll be working on fixing this house up soon. It ****ing sucks, I hate it, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone else. But its what I have to do....

Just realize things will be rough for a while - you made your bed, now you must lay in it. How long you lay there is up to you.

Edit: you have one thing on your side - you're age. You're young... anythings possible for you

Last edited by Detox.enD; 09-16-2008 at 20:58..
SexxxGodSteve
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 09-16-2008, 20:55
you've always got us dog

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
39 - 09-16-2008, 20:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremorkill View Post

Ok, so I don't know what to do. My life is just stuck in the ****ter. Here's one of the major bad decisions I made. I bought a Harley Davidson. When I bought it, I had a decent job making 9.25 an hour, and some friends and family of mine all had bikes, so I thought we were all going to be going on cool rides and adventures and whatnot.
I stopped here.

Jesus ****ing Christ, no wonder the US economy is crashing. 9.25 a ****ing hour and you think you can afford a ****ing bike.

Are you seriously that dumb?

fatboy
VeteranX
Old
40 - 09-16-2008, 21:00
Other than what some people said here, stop worrying about what other people think about you. Be yourself, and work on improving areas you yourself feel are lacking.
Try to find a job where you're not surrounded by negative people who hate their job, even if it sucks; positive people can have a good influence and help you build some character.

Btw, sell the ****ing motorcycle.

Page 2 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page So, uhmm, help? I just don't know what to do anymore [LONG]

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
drain on society , greasytaxi , penis