Monks by Tekno - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Monks
Tekno
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 03-26-2012, 22:21
So I haven't checked into this game since I quit playing what, a year ago? Whenever it was with what was remaining of stk on my war. Looking to maybe come back and give it another go like I do with any other expansion. How are you liking the class? The new talent system? Will it be refreshing enough for me to stay a little longer this time? Dunno, just curious. All I know is I won't spend hours on end grinding for another zin.

Sponsored Links
MountainDewMike
VeteranX
Old
2 - 03-27-2012, 02:41
I expect to get 1 - 2 months of entertainment out of it, playing casually. That's about all I can expect/hope for with any game these days.

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 03-27-2012, 04:06
Class looks interesting. If GW2 isn't out by the time MoP is released (or if it's released and somehow manages to suck), I'll be making one as my new main.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 03-27-2012, 05:25
Let's take the most annoying part of rogues (energy) and combine it with the most annoying part of DKs (managing runes) and then top it with a dollop of warrior (stances)!

zeph
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 03-29-2012, 01:28
None of that is annoying/difficult...

Ciceron
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 03-29-2012, 10:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
Let's take the most annoying part of rogues (energy) and combine it with the most annoying part of DKs (managing runes) and then top it with a dollop of warrior (stances)!

So you find resource management annoying? Color me surprised.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 03-29-2012, 16:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciceron View Post
So you find resource management annoying? Color me surprised.
One resource? No.
Two resources? Yes.

I heard enough complaints from DKs about managing their runes, especially when tanking, to deduce it probably wasn't a good idea. But DPS/tank monks may not have any issue since energy/chi management probably don't be too different from DKs Runic Power and runes. But if somehow they make **** so you will have to stance-dance it'll be much worse. Doubtful though, since it seems they have a stance for each role and seems less likely you would be switching out during a fight.

aNimAL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 03-29-2012, 17:22
never had a high lvl DK but it does seem fairly hard to effectively "manage" runes

i just spam a few abilities and hope one works while they other ones aren't... mash mash mash

MountainDewMike
VeteranX
Old
9 - 03-29-2012, 17:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNimAL View Post
never had a high lvl DK but it does seem fairly hard to effectively "manage" runes

i just spam a few abilities and hope one works while they other ones aren't... mash mash mash
I've only really played as a Blood DK and I never gave much thought to the runes. I used the appropriate abilities when they were available based on my hotbar, not looking at or paying much attention to the runes. The only "rune management" I ever do is using the ability that converts a blood rune into a death rune.

Ciceron
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 03-29-2012, 19:03
You can play DK just fine just mashing abilities following some sort of rotation/priority, not even minding runes. CLC_DK is perfect for this.

You can be pro, though, and try to eek out the extra 5% dps from effective rune management. It's up to you to decide if it's worth the headache.

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 03-29-2012, 21:06
Whee got in beta. Gonna give monk a shot.

MistaKe
VeteranX
Old
12 - 03-29-2012, 21:27
Feannag still plays this game and still gets made fun of?

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 03-30-2012, 06:37
Monk is pretty boring :\ You literally have three main DPS abilities as the DPS spec. Your combo point generator, your main finisher that costs 1cp, and a finisher on a 8s CD that costs 2cp (which you don't get til 56). All other finishers are utility or AoE damage. You literally just hit cp generator and then finisher - or do cp generator a few times so you can spam the finisher. Then once you get that other finisher at 56, you'll throw that in there on CD. Pretty much the most boring DPS rotation I've seen so far. Hopefully a lot changes.

Last edited by Ickz; 03-31-2012 at 04:00..

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Monks

Social Website Bullshit