Conan O'Brien to NBC: **** you, I reject your offer. by Got Haggis? - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Conan O'Brien to NBC: **** you, I reject your offer.
Page 3 of 10
Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
41 - 01-12-2010, 16:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
Jimmy Fallon is actually pretty good...reminds me of when Conan first started. Plus he usually has great musical guests and hell, even lots of video game industry people. Plus..the roots are his house band.
No, he's not good. He laughs at his own jokes to get the audience to awkwardly laugh at them. People don't laugh at his jokes, they laugh at him for being retarded.

Sponsored Links
Jim Beam
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 01-12-2010, 16:15
Fallon is funny 3% of the time.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 01-12-2010, 16:15
i remember when conan first started out.....pretty much the same exact way.

Maven
VeteranXV
Old
44 - 01-12-2010, 16:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Ratings are down because people are in bed by 10:30pm. In the old days, work was 9-5, not any more. Plus the networks pissed off half the people by making fun of Bush and supporting the left. If FOX ran a comedy show at 11pm, I'd probably watch a little of it before the actors come on to pimp their movie or book. But instead they run the local news again. I will not support left wing networks.
riiiiiight cause conan didnt do countless skits making fun of clinton over and over and over again

[MoM] Gort
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 01-12-2010, 16:20
Anyone see the Ferguson episode that was taken over by the puppets?

Comedy gold.

Jim Beam
VeteranXV
Old
46 - 01-12-2010, 16:20
Quote:
But, that's the thing. Why are his ratings so bad? He is established. Letterman sucks, but he consistently beats Conan. Was it just the affairs? Does Conan have to **** some interns to gain legitimacy?

The whole thing is ridiculous. Leno needs to retire. Conan will win over Letterman, it just may take more time than we expected.

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
47 - 01-12-2010, 16:21
**** that unfunny douche leno. I stopped watching the late show because of him.

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
48 - 01-12-2010, 16:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
Conan has very little leverage in this situation as his contract is pretty solid and the ratings are in the ****ter. Fun to see NBC imploding, but I couldn't care less about this Conan/Leno situation.

They're both equally unfunny and deserve to be taken off the air. I'd rather watch Craig Ferguson.
I think they are both pretty funny, probably like Conan more. However, whenever I catch a few minutes of Ferguson, he doesn't fail to make me laugh. I should really start watching his shows. He's a funny ****er.

vawlk
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
49 - 01-12-2010, 16:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maven View Post
riiiiiight cause conan didnt do countless skits making fun of clinton over and over and over again
Conan was on the fence. I really think if he didn't have Andy Richter as a cohost, Norm MacDonald on as a guest every 2 weeks, and the talking lips bit, he would have failed.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 01-12-2010, 16:22
Quote:
Conan would make fun of himself all the time but not because he was ****ty at delivering jokes. Fallon is ****ty ad delivering jokes.

Also, Max Weinberg > The Roots.

A mainstream band being a house band for a late night talk show is just retarded.

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
51 - 01-12-2010, 16:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Beam View Post
Fallon is funny 3% of the time.
He's pretty horrible. I've watched 1 or 2 times and it's just awkward moment after awkward moment of unfunniness.

I was a fan of Fallon and Fey on SNL. But now, good god he's horrible.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
52 - 01-12-2010, 16:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerONE View Post
I think they are both pretty funny, probably like Conan more. However, whenever I catch a few minutes of Ferguson, he doesn't fail to make me laugh. I should really start watching his shows. He's a funny ****er.
Ferguson is great because he'll allude to his previous drinking problem a lot.

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
53 - 01-12-2010, 16:24
Let's dig up Johnny Carson and put him back behind the desk.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
54 - 01-12-2010, 16:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdoggie View Post
Let's dig up Johnny Carson and put him back behind the desk.
He'd be more entertaining than Fallon.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
55 - 01-12-2010, 16:26
I predict Jimmy Fallon will do quite well. I have been watching random episodes and his first few months were indeed, ****ing awful. However, he is secretly an incredibly funny guy and once you get into his mode of comedy, you will slowly begin to appreciate it.

Now, I think he's the best thing on TV. Tonight Show Conan is good, but I enjoyed him more in the 12:30 slot. Maybe because it was more homebrew and less massive theatrical explosion every night.

Apparently this has a lot to do with local affiliates as well, as with conan's ratings down, less people are watching the local news which costs the small guys a fortune. This is a big part of why they want Jay back at 1130.

When Jay took the 10pm slot I really thought he was a genius. NGFM is borderline psycho sometimes but he is right that people don't stay up nearly as late as they used to. If Conan's show was on at 10pm I'd watch it every night. 11:30-12:30 is geeeettin preeeeetty laaaate these days :s

Maven
VeteranXV
Old
56 - 01-12-2010, 16:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by vawlk View Post
Conan was on the fence. I really think if he didn't have Andy Richter as a cohost, Norm MacDonald on as a guest every 2 weeks, and the talking lips bit, he would have failed.
thats like saying if my sandwich didnt have meat and lettuce and bacon etc it would fail as a sandwhich

you also forgot triumph and the year 2000 bits

edit: oh yea and the masturbating bear

Last edited by Maven; 01-12-2010 at 16:30..
ChewSpitt
Banned
Old
57 - 01-12-2010, 16:26
Quote:
Jimmy Fallon is actually pretty good...reminds me of when Conan first started. Plus he usually has great musical guests and hell, even lots of video game industry people. Plus..the roots are his house band.
no

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
58 - 01-12-2010, 16:27
Seriously... besides Led Zeppelin, I think Johnny Carson is the only thing from the 70s I wish were still around...

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
59 - 01-12-2010, 16:28
all you people hating on fallon probably haven't even watched more than one episode.

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
60 - 01-12-2010, 16:29
Dude... stop it.

He's awful.

Page 3 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Conan O'Brien to NBC: **** you, I reject your offer.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
free ▀█▀ █ ▀█▀ ▄█▀ , http://bit.ly/7amuml