Left Lane Lotharios

What!

• Total voters
I do not need an accurate speedometer to know I’m at risk of getting a speeding ticket. If I’m traveling significantly faster than the regular flow of traffic, I’m at risk, if I’m only slightly faster, risk is reduced. If I am driving the flow of traffic I’m generally safe unless in Tennessee with out of state plates.

Only time I pay attention to speedometer is when I’m setting my cruise control.

one thing hawking proved while on epstein island is that the speed of women cannot be measured.

lol

1. She bought a BMW.
2. How many speeding tickets has she gotten?
3. Kill yourself.

1) 90 grand BMW v. rusty old shit truck. Ooh that's a tough one.
2) None. She's a very "careful" driver. i.e. slow.
3) Please demonstrate and I'll consider it.

I do not need an accurate speedometer to know I’m at risk of getting a speeding ticket. If I’m traveling significantly faster than the regular flow of traffic, I’m at risk, if I’m only slightly faster, risk is reduced. If I am driving the flow of traffic I’m generally safe unless in Tennessee with out of state plates.

Can't you get an app in the US that pings when you're approaching a camera?

Can't you get an app in the US that pings when you're approaching a camera?

WAZE

and i've gotten two traffic light tickets in the last 2 years, i just throw them away/ignore them because traffic light tickets are illegal in texas now, and you don't have to pay them, but some fuckstain districts in san antonio still use them anyway to see if they can get suckers to pay.

Utter bollocks. Wife unit has a brand new BMW and it's out by 4-5 KMH against speed cameras and satellite all the time.

Is My Car Speedometer Accurate? - Gearstar.

then i'd say she has a shitty car. But its pretty common knowledge, and common sense that if change wheel diameter or gear ratio in the rear end, or even gear on the ends of the speedo cable, it will throw your speedometer accuracy off. And you can go even further to say change gear ratios within the trans that will also fuck with your speedo accuracy. All those things are what make up your speedometer readout. Not elevation or hills or any bullshit like that. Its determined by your driveline and your speedo is set specifically for your driveline's combination from the factory. If you fuck with that, it makes things go wonky.

i cant speak to other regions.

But down here cameras are the least of our worries.

Cops running radar is.

Santa Rosa County and Escambia County are notorious gestapo level pigs.

especially on this stretch of i-10.

So many drugs smuggled from Texas/Mobile down to south florida.

then i'd say she has a shitty car. But its pretty common knowledge, and common sense that if change wheel diameter or gear ratio in the rear end, or even gear on the ends of the speedo cable, it will throw your speedometer accuracy off. And you can go even further to say change gear ratios within the trans that will also fuck with your speedo accuracy. All those things are what make up your speedometer readout. Not elevation or hills or any bullshit like that. Its determined by your driveline and your speedo is set specifically for your driveline's combination from the factory. If you fuck with that, it makes things go wonky.

Wheel diameter has nothing to do with it, I can roll 23's or 17's and still have the same speedometer reading
It's tire circumference that matters, how far does the car go every time the tire turns.
Taller tires go further so the speedometer will read lower.

new jurzee is the absolute worst that i have encountered yet

havent had a problem in TN (yet) and I roll hard there

(also fuck Chatty traffic wise, i thought LA and Atlanta was garbage but holy fuck @ Chatty)

I believe he was nitpicking on semantics. As in, it's not the wheel itself (the metal part you know) but rather the overall tire size.

I believe he was nitpicking on semantics. As in, it's not the wheel itself (the metal part you know) but rather the overall tire size.

You're giving him way too much credit. That or he's gonna take the 23s off his slightly mobile heap of rust, put 17s on with 3 inch taller tyres and get the same speedo reading. Which is something nobody would do, ever.

Back