Costs of Policing vs. cost of erm "defending American feedoms" (not my words). by arsin - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Costs of Policing vs. cost of erm "defending American feedoms" (not my words).
Page 1 of 5
Thread Tools
arsin
Veteran++
Old
1 - 03-18-2017, 19:52
Reply With Quote
So the military (all costs in) costs over $700Bn. Some say it's over $800Bn but we'll settle for $700Bn.

The Trump wants to increase by $52Bn. That's like 7-8% so no big deal rite? more than a drop in the bucket - a glass full so to speak.

There are about 850,000 cops in the US. The avg pay is (wow holy **** low) just $56K (here in Canukistan it's ~90K and 'good' benefits 30 and out pensions at 80% of best 5 years fukme) and add another 10K in overhead so each cop costs $66K/yr. So the yearly bill for every cop in the US is:

$56.1Bn.

Does that help put the cost of whatever insecurities Americans are facing overseas, into perspective?
 
arsin is offline
 
Sponsored Links
epidemic
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 03-18-2017, 20:26
Reply With Quote
pls go
 
epidemic is offline
 
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3 - 03-18-2017, 20:50
Reply With Quote
ITT arsin figures out that this



is a little more expensive than this

 
amRam is offline
 
bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
4 - 03-18-2017, 21:06
Reply With Quote
no one reads your posts
 
bowl of blood is offline
 
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 03-18-2017, 21:08
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
no one reads your posts
 
Pagy is online now
 
T-Dawg
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 03-18-2017, 21:13
Reply With Quote
There are ~1.4 million active duty military personnel with a total payroll of about $150 billion, including retirement benefits, as of 2013, according to the CBO. This amount represents a little more than a quarter of the DoD budget.

Costs of Military Pay and Benefits in the Defense Budget | Congressional Budget Office
 
T-Dawg is offline
 
arsin
Veteran++
Old
7 - 03-18-2017, 23:02
Reply With Quote
Costs all in, so add another $550Bn in overhead.

I was going to say something about the NYPD not needing a lolerlaserplane or a supercarrier but I figured that this was just a conceptual exercise, not something comparing an F35 to a cruiser.
 
arsin is offline
 
Gouge
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 03-18-2017, 23:04
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
no one reads your posts
 
Gouge is offline
 
WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 03-19-2017, 04:04
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsin View Post
Costs all in, so add another $550Bn in overhead.

I was going to say something about the NYPD not needing a lolerlaserplane or a supercarrier but I figured that this was just a conceptual exercise, not something comparing an F35 to a cruiser.
So your plan is to cut the military in half, lose about 1 million jobs, and watch the economy and global political situation as we know it collapse? You realize if we took 300 billion from the military the deficit would still be 200 billion right?

Social Security and Medicaid are the reasons the country is sinking into debt. Government involvement in anything ends up in less efficiency and higher prices, this includes the military. Look at SpaceX vs NASA. What has NASA really done since the moon landing? Meanwhile SpaceX actually is moving forward and has plans for the future. The bigger the government the bigger the problems you have as a society. This has been proven throughout history and continues to do so. More government means more corruption, more waste, more spending that serves no purpose.
 
WarBuddha is offline
 
absent
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 03-19-2017, 04:08
Reply With Quote


In the time it has taken SpaceX to barely get a rocket into LEO consistently, NASA went to the Moon. Not only does public spending do things faster, it also innovates more than any private enterprise because government spending is generally able to be spent on unproven and/or low ROI projects. Capitalists don't like investing in stuff they don't know won't make them boatloads of money in return, hence an iPhone 7 barely being an upgrade to a 1.
 
absent is offline
 
WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 03-19-2017, 04:25
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post


In the time it has taken SpaceX to barely get a rocket into LEO consistently, NASA went to the Moon. Not only does public spending do things faster, it also innovates more than any private enterprise because government spending is generally able to be spent on unproven and/or low ROI projects. Capitalists don't like investing in stuff they don't know won't make them boatloads of money in return, hence an iPhone 7 barely being an upgrade to a 1.
This is the biggest bunch of horse**** I've ever read. This is like saying LED monitors aren't an improvement over CRT monitors.

Sadly you really believe that big government is a good thing.

The only reason that government anything generally bares fruit is because we throw more money at it, because no one gives a **** if you waste it.

F-35, great program.
 
WarBuddha is offline
 
absent
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 03-19-2017, 05:02
Reply With Quote
You should read The Entrepreneurial State: Debunking Public vs. Private Sector Myths. It debunks the myth that public spending is wasteful and shows how public spending is historically responsible for almost all great works and the majority of groundbreaking innovation, while private businesses twiddle around with small details due to excessive greed of the capitalist class.
 
absent is offline
 
WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 03-19-2017, 05:14
Reply With Quote
This is like saying military spending is wasteful, when the military has invented most of the useful technology you are using today.
 
WarBuddha is offline
 
absent
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 03-19-2017, 05:18
Reply With Quote
American current military spending IS wasteful, those statements aren't in contradiction. What is contradicting here is how you hoot for "small government" while drawing your paycheck from a big government welfare program. It's laughable, and it makes you look like a spineless clown. BTW, I was being facetious, I know a red state goon like you doesn't read anything.
 
absent is offline
 
WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
15 - 03-19-2017, 05:24
Reply With Quote
Military spending is in our constitution, especially the Navy. There is waste in the military because the government has put ridiculous restrictions on where and who we can buy things from. They are called government contracts for a reason. The Military would much prefer to go back to the ways of old where we fixed, maintained, and built things ourselves. But the big politicians want more jobs, more money spent, more red tape because it creates a bigger government.

You know what's not in the US Constitution? Free health care, free social security, welfare, food stamps, and the rest of these socialist ideologies.
 
WarBuddha is offline
 
absent
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 03-19-2017, 05:27
Reply With Quote
So capitalists buy out the politicians and you complain that the "government is too big". Only a red state goon is that stupid. The REAL issue is that capitalists today pay 16% tax, instead of 60+% tax like they used to. They then use all of those saved dollars to purchase any politicians they need, who then work for the corporation, instead of the people. The answer here is to tax more and limit capital accumulation, but the stupid libertarian nincompoop thinks it's a problem with the "state".

Got 700 billion for a stupid wasteful welfare program, but not for free lunches or education or healthcare. STUPID doesn't even begin to cover this. If America had free education, you wouldn't "have to" (get to) spend 4+ years doing **** all and could be learning to do something useful for the economy, like installing HVAC.
 
absent is offline
 
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 03-19-2017, 05:33
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
bares fruit


 
Brasstax is offline
 
WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
18 - 03-19-2017, 05:35
Reply With Quote
We've spent more on education per person than almost every other country in the world over the last decade and watched our education get worse and worse. The government is not capable of handling these things without it becoming bloated and out of control. Schools with the biggest federal grants and incomes are some of the worst. Look at schools in Baltimore, they are feeding them millions and they continue to get worse. But hey if we gut the military and spend it all on education we'll produce geniuses by the truckload right?

We need to make new laws that limit politicians income and where they can receive money from, this is a major problem, I will agree with you.

Trump paid 25% taxes, almost 40 million in 2005. 2% of the population pays over 40% of the taxes in America. They also provide almost all of the jobs in the country. You socialist ****s hate capitalist but refuse to see that they provide JOBS to the people. The more money that a capitalist has the more he will invest in a bigger company which means MORE JOBS. Trickle down is bull****, but you're a ****ing loon if you don't think that rich people are not necessary for there to be a legitimate economy.

The issue with social programs is they all overlap. You want free meals for kids whose parents are getting welfare already while on medicaid. When does it ****ing end? When do they start paying into the system they continuously draw out of?
 
WarBuddha is offline
 
absent
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 03-19-2017, 05:44
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
We've spent more on education per person than almost every other country in the world over the last decade and watched our education get worse and worse.
Every other country manages just fine. Finland has some of the best schools in the world. Maybe your government is intentionally doing things wrong to boost private schools? Ever think about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
Look at schools in Baltimore, they are feeding them millions and they continue to get worse. But hey if we gut the military and spend it all on education we'll produce geniuses by the truckload right?
Schools in Baltimore are **** because they're full of ******s, you retard. You can't fix that. But you can help kids in Appalachia, or in Mississippi, or Louisiana who aren't nigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
Trump paid 25% taxes, almost 40 million in 2005. 2% of the population pays over 40% of the taxes in America. They also provide almost all of the jobs in the country.
Trump was preoccupied with Melania's green card/citizenship shenanigans in 05, he leaked those taxes himself. Most of his income is through his companies, I'm sure they've never been audited and probably pay nothing in taxes. This is the stuff you don't understand. And by the way, why does the 2% have so much cash that they can pay 40% of the taxes? Isn't that problematic? Are you saying these people are really that valuable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
You socialist ****s hate capitalist but refuse to see that they provide JOBS to the people.
People provide jobs to people. People want to spend on a service, and there's a job. Not "capitalists". Capitalists just own the money and pay workers who create their value next to nothing if they can get away with it. You defend these people because you haven't read anything. If capitalists had their way, you'd work in a coal mine from age six and wouldn't be allowed to learn how to read. Just think about that for a second, if you are able.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
The more money that a capitalist has the more he will invest in a bigger company which means MORE JOBS.
No no, this is garbage that's been debunked a thousand times. When you give a rich person ten thousand, it goes in his offshore account to accrue interest. When you give it to a working class family, it goes *shwoop* straight into the economy to buy necessities like a new bed, a couch, a computer, a car, new dining set, a washer, etc. This is called the "velocity of money". Capitalists hardly invest, that's the entire point of capitalism. You invest the minimum amount for maximum interest, and the rest sits in some guaranteed bank account where it gets loaned out ninefold and makes them yet more cash. It's been studied over and over but I suppose you'd regurgitate this tired old **** since you don't read anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
The issue with social programs is they all overlap. You want free meals for kids whose parents are getting welfare already while on medicaid. When does it ****ing end? When do they start paying into the system they continuously draw out of?
Hey I can make a strawman too: you want kids to not graduate if they owe "lunch money". SICK!
 
absent is offline
 
Last edited by absent; 03-19-2017 at 05:47..
WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 03-19-2017, 06:00
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post
Every other country manages just fine. Finland has some of the best schools in the world. Maybe your government is intentionally doing things wrong to boost private schools? Ever think about that?
Population of Finland: 5.5 million
Percentage that are white: 98%

Quote:
Schools in Baltimore are **** because they're full of ******s, you retard. You can't fix that. But you can help kids in Appalachia, or in Mississippi, or Louisiana who aren't nigs.
Sounds like a government issue.

Quote:
Trump was preoccupied with Melania's green card/citizenship shenanigans in 05, he leaked those taxes himself. Most of his income is through his companies, I'm sure they've never been audited and probably pay nothing in taxes. This is the stuff you don't understand. And by the way, why does the 2% have so much cash that they can pay 40% of the taxes? Isn't that problematic? Are you saying these people are really that valuable?
Does that change he paid 40 million? I'm saying Trump has provided more Jobs and services to people than 99% of Americans.

Quote:
People provide jobs to people. People want to spend on a service, and there's a job. Not "capitalists". Capitalists just own the money and pay workers who create their value next to nothing if they can get away with it. You defend these people because you haven't read anything. If capitalists had their way, you'd work in a coal mine from age six and wouldn't be allowed to learn how to read. Just think about that for a second, if you are able.

No no, this is garbage that's been debunked a thousand times. When you give a rich person ten thousand, it goes in his offshore account to accrue interest. When you give it to a working class family, it goes *shwoop* straight into the economy to buy necessities like a new bed, a couch, a computer, a car, new dining set, a washer, etc. This is called the "velocity of money". Capitalists hardly invest, that's the entire point of capitalism. You invest the minimum amount for maximum interest, and the rest sits in some guaranteed bank account where it gets loaned out ninefold and makes them yet more cash. It's been studied over and over but I suppose you'd regurgitate this tired old **** since you don't read anything.
So Musk isn't a capitalist? Bill Gates? Steve Jobs?

These guys didn't invest, create, and produce goods and services to people? They just took all their money and put it in an offshore account right?

Quote:
Hey I can make a strawman too: you want kids to not graduate if they owe "lunch money". SICK!


No I want their parents to spend their welfare checks where they were intended to be spent on. Food, not Soda, which is something like $350 million worth. Maybe they should spend it on their kids and their lunch instead of selling them on craigslist for cash.
 
WarBuddha is offline
 
Last edited by WarBuddha; 03-19-2017 at 06:02..
Page 1 of 5
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Costs of Policing vs. cost of erm "defending American feedoms" (not my words).

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert , holy fuk what a ripoff.


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:39.