[Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes by Rosdower - Page 12 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes
Page 12 of 28
Thread Tools
Denver
VeteranXV
Old
221 - 02-09-2010, 04:45
Reply With Quote
just to clarify things, all citizens of U.S believe that USA is the best place to live in the world?
 
Denver is offline
 
Sponsored Links
LGBR
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
222 - 02-09-2010, 04:55
Reply With Quote
im a US citizen not living in the US out of my own free will
 
LGBR is online now
 
Tyco
VeteranX
Old
223 - 02-09-2010, 05:02
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
just to clarify things, all citizens of U.S believe that USA is the best place to live in the world?
Of course not. (Though pretty close)

Out of curiosity, where do you think is the best place to live in the world?
 
Tyco is offline
 
?B-MAN
VeteranX
Old
224 - 02-09-2010, 05:21
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb View Post
I hope Dubai can make something of this tower and help the economy and I hope it can help with the credit woes its facing now. Otherwise, its going to have the tallest empty building on the planet for a good long while.

If it gets real bad Dubai will look like a depilated Disney/Vegas. You would think Dubai could learn a lesson from the past in regards to over spending (Japan) or whats happening currently in the states.. but hey when you're fat and happy who gives a rats ass. It just amazes me how much they are over spending there with all the credit problems they have.
 
?B-MAN is offline
 
Denver
VeteranXV
Old
225 - 02-09-2010, 05:41
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyco View Post
Of course not. (Though pretty close)

Out of curiosity, where do you think is the best place to live in the world?
Wasn't trying to be hostile, just wondered.

I couldn't tell what is the best place to live, haven't been in to that many.
But I would say sweden or denmark would be pretty close.
 
Denver is offline
 
NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
226 - 02-09-2010, 07:09
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBR View Post
im a US citizen not living in the US out of my own free will
That's because you were in Cleveland. Where are you now?

Try moving to South Florida. It's not so Dreary down here.
 
NoGodForMe is offline
 
h4rdluck
VeteranX
Old
227 - 02-09-2010, 07:20
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
Wasn't trying to be hostile, just wondered.

I couldn't tell what is the best place to live, haven't been in to that many.
But I would say sweden or denmark would be pretty close.
Well that is nice. but those countries are so tiny they can't really support much of a population. I mean honestly no America isn't THE BEST place to live. But when you think about quality of life, combined with opportunity, and education (Yea maybe other countries do out do us on QOL and Education...but certainly no one is even close to opportunity) And then factor in how many godamn people live here and you realize that overall....American really IS one of the best places to live.

You are talking about small little countries that don't have much to offer anyone else in the world and focus specifically on their own citizens. Yea that may be the best place in the world for an individual to live, but in reality denmark only has a population of 5.5million and sweeden 9.5million.

I mean **** France only has a population of 60 million. We are still supporting 310million people in our country.

That is my gauge of "best country to live in" Look at the population statistics for countries. United states is the only one in the top 10 (besides japan and I am not sure that is considered one of the best places to live either) that I would even REMOTELY want to live in.

It is a lot easier to provide for your people when there aren't as many to please.

Basically you need to find a country with 1/4 our population before you start finding countries I would actually consider someplace I would move.

While its pretty lame for American's to be like "America is the best place to live" and "America has the Most opportunity" I can't necessarily disagree...I'm not a big fan of shouting it out to the world. But there is still truth to the statement.
 
h4rdluck is offline
 
Last edited by h4rdluck; 02-09-2010 at 07:23..
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
228 - 02-09-2010, 07:37
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
just to clarify things, all citizens of U.S believe that USA is the best place to live in the world?
No, just the conservatives. The rest is kind of a hodge-podge- some would like to live somewhere else but can't afford to move, some think there are hundreds of places in the world they could live and be happy (I'm in this group), and some rabble-rousers SAY they would rather be in another country, but the truth is they would be unhappy anywhere.

The interesting thing about the neo-cons that promulgate the USA#1INEVERYTHING line of crap are ones that have never lived anywhere else, and the biggest xenophobes of all are ones that have never even visited somewhere else.

edit: what hardluck said is pretty much in agreement with my own view.
 
Vanster is offline
 
Last edited by Vanster; 02-09-2010 at 07:49..
Beren
Tribalwar Aussie
Contributor
Old
229 - 02-09-2010, 07:45
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumb0 juan View Post
Fact: You're the biggest dumbass on the forum. The fact that you can't see how big of a mess Dubai is, makes you look like a ****ing uneducated retard.

Just a dirty hippy that doesn't understand that Dubai is a planning disaster.

But go ahead and get defensive and ban me....because we all know that's what you do when you feel threatened by someone smarter than you. Which I might add, is a LOT of ****ing people.
you think an awful lot of yourself if you think i would get defensive and ban you. Never done it to anyone else, why would i start with you.

How about you take a chill pill and realise that Dubai can make its own bloody mistakes if it wants. And that along the way it may be a fun place to be for a holiday or to live. Every thread about Dubai or China or any emerging place always turns to "it sucks" but at least 50% of the U.S posters. With very little motivation for it. Is Dubai doing some crazy ass stuff? Sure. Could it fall in a heap? sure. But it may not. They are pushing the envelope. Lots of the developed countries, and the U.S is pretty much the biggest one that is an example of this, is doing jack all to push any envelope and do anything interesting to fight their decline. Dubai has a pretty crazy approach and it takes balls. Its tops. More power to them, i hope it works out.
 
Beren is online now
 
LGBR
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
230 - 02-09-2010, 07:46
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
That's because you were in Cleveland. Where are you now?

Try moving to South Florida. It's not so Dreary down here.
I'm in Japan, have been since December. You are correct in assuming that anywhere is better than Cleveland aside from Detroit, Baghdad, Monrovia, Pyongyang, Dubai and Kabul. And I'm still iffy on Pyongyang.
 
LGBR is online now
 
Beren
Tribalwar Aussie
Contributor
Old
231 - 02-09-2010, 07:53
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4rdluck View Post
Well that is nice. but those countries are so tiny they can't really support much of a population. I mean honestly no America isn't THE BEST place to live. But when you think about quality of life, combined with opportunity, and education (Yea maybe other countries do out do us on QOL and Education...but certainly no one is even close to opportunity) And then factor in how many godamn people live here and you realize that overall....American really IS one of the best places to live.

You are talking about small little countries that don't have much to offer anyone else in the world and focus specifically on their own citizens. Yea that may be the best place in the world for an individual to live, but in reality denmark only has a population of 5.5million and sweeden 9.5million.

I mean **** France only has a population of 60 million. We are still supporting 310million people in our country.

That is my gauge of "best country to live in" Look at the population statistics for countries. United states is the only one in the top 10 (besides japan and I am not sure that is considered one of the best places to live either) that I would even REMOTELY want to live in.

It is a lot easier to provide for your people when there aren't as many to please.

Basically you need to find a country with 1/4 our population before you start finding countries I would actually consider someplace I would move.

While its pretty lame for American's to be like "America is the best place to live" and "America has the Most opportunity" I can't necessarily disagree...I'm not a big fan of shouting it out to the world. But there is still truth to the statement.
I don't really disagree with a lot of what you say there but two things.

1) I live where I live because there are bugger all people here. A big factor in my quality of life is based on few people. And yes you can have that in america if you want, you go move to portland or whatever. But there is another scale on a country level when there is only 20 million people.

2) On the size thing, more size = more tax revenue which then allows for more money to spend on the increased numbers of people. Plus then the savings that come with massive scale.

So there are dueling argumenents there, it isn't as remotely ao simple you postulate. Which I am sure you would agree with.

But, at the end of the day, its all bollocks. If you don't like where you live, move. If you do like it, then its the best, be happy. If others are happy where they are then all the best. You are both where you want to be. Whether its the U.S or the U.K or Dubai, or a rural town in the middle of romania or something.
 
Beren is online now
 
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
232 - 02-09-2010, 07:58
Reply With Quote
If it sucked to live everywhere else people wouldn't live anywhere else.
 
Fool is online now
 
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
233 - 02-09-2010, 08:13
Reply With Quote
gulfnews : Burj Khalifa observation deck incident is minor case, says official

Tower will be open again on Sunday, and my guess at what was the problem was pretty accurate. Next.
 
Mitchdubai is online now
 
h4rdluck
VeteranX
Old
234 - 02-09-2010, 08:21
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beren View Post
1) I live where I live because there are bugger all people here. A big factor in my quality of life is based on few people. And yes you can have that in america if you want, you go move to portland or whatever. But there is another scale on a country level when there is only 20 million people.
What? Oregon? You can get this in ANY STATE in the U.S. Every state in the U.S. Has complete areas of bum**** middle of nowhere except the North-Eastern states. Even California has relatively deserted areas. Florida? That is basically a coastal state. The entire middle of Florida is bum**** middle of nowhere.

You are completely wrong on this account but somehow I don't think you will see it that way. You can live in exclusivity ANYWHERE. And frankly by your posting record I think you were made for it.

Quote:
2) On the size thing, more size = more tax revenue which then allows for more money to spend on the increased numbers of people. Plus then the savings that come with massive scale.
Wrong. you are right partly though, More population does = more tax revenue.... No **** master of the obvious. But You haven't heard of mo money mo problems though? The more people you have the worse things ****-UP on a GRANDER scale. More money = more roads, more police, more civil servants and more money towards education. Which all require a disproportionate amount of taxpayer money to support. And lets still not forget how much money we are expected to throw at the rest of the world for everything.

Quote:
So there are dueling argumenents there, it isn't as remotely ao simple you postulate. Which I am sure you would agree with.
There are dueling arguments. However you managed to think you brought some of them up but completely failed.

Quote:
But, at the end of the day, its all bollocks. If you don't like where you live, move. If you do like it, then its the best, be happy. If others are happy where they are then all the best. You are both where you want to be. Whether its the U.S or the U.K or Dubai, or a rural town in the middle of romania or something.
You can't just Pickup and move. It's not all bollocks. And goddamn I'm glad you live by yourself with views like this. I'd hate for you to attempt to impose them on anyone other than the views of this message board.

Look There are very few people here that outright say America is the best country in the world. That is the responsible attitude to think what you want and shutup especially if your words will invoke anger in an entire country. But deep down consider the Quality of Life, Education, and Opportunity that exists in America. Consider the Diversity. Then Consider all that we do for the rest of the world. Sure you have aspects of all this in many other countries....but no country comes even close to providing as much for as many people as the united states. Period.

So Deep in my mind America really is the best. China may have a better economy but its still completely dependent on us. Lots of other countries have a "better education" than us...but what the ****. How many people are actually out there using actual **** they learned post high school to perform their jobs?

I'd Say the only thing I am really disappointing in our country about is that fact that we can't ****ing instate national healthcare. And for that we are getting reamed by most of the rest of the world but still. **** that. Our citizens are still getting better health care than 70-80% of the world and we only makeup 4% of the worlds population.

America is pretty ****ing awesome.
 
h4rdluck is offline
 
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
235 - 02-09-2010, 08:27
Reply With Quote
Ok I'll amend my position to "I agree with hardluck minus the Beren hate."

No idea where that is coming from.
 
Vanster is offline
 
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
236 - 02-09-2010, 08:28
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianboo View Post
All the marketing shots of Dubai make it look like a luxurious and lush green desert oasis. When the reality is this:



It still looks pretty much like that if you go more than 100 feet outside of the tourist areas.


That picture is 35 years old. And no it doesn't. How many pics do I need to show you before you acknowledge that you're talking out of your ass?
 
Mitchdubai is online now
 
NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
237 - 02-09-2010, 08:28
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
If it sucked to live everywhere else people wouldn't live anywhere else.
Jobs and immigration policy keep people from moving to foreign lands. Friend is visiting Peru with his Spanish wife. Everything there is half the cost of the USA. Great to visit as a tourist, but no job if he lived there. He sent me pictures, place is not as modern as the states.

Friends from the UK would love to move to the states, but immigration policy forbids it. The UK is cold and rainy most of the year. Cubans, and Haitians also try getting into the USA all the time because their countries suck. Most countries run by a single dictator aren't doing to well.
 
NoGodForMe is offline
 
Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
238 - 02-09-2010, 08:32
Reply With Quote
i don't think america is the best place to live
seems to me i have to work like hell and so does my female counterpart to have the best possible quality of life.
i might get 3 weeks vacation during a year and work long hours.

my friend who lives in europe has 2 months vacation. makes more than me. has free health care, and was able to afford a house before I could. his taxes are about equivalent and he can visit a number of other countries without crossing an ocean. he also has the benefit of living in a country that doesn't feel like it has to pay for nearly all other countries of the world with aid.

dunno, I don't really like working my life away. seems like I do and he doesn't. I'm not sure what I'm getting to make up for that?
 
Rayn is offline
 
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
239 - 02-09-2010, 08:33
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Jobs and immigration policy keep people from moving to foreign lands. Friend is visiting Peru with his Spanish wife. Everything there is half the cost of the USA. Great to visit as a tourist, but no job if he lived there. He sent me pictures, place is not as modern as the states.

Friends from the UK would love to move to the states, but immigration policy forbids it. The UK is cold and rainy most of the year. Cubans, and Haitians also try getting into the USA all the time because their countries suck. Most countries run by a single dictator aren't doing to well.
I'm just saying there are probably hundreds of non-U.S. locations I could move to and not see any real change to my lifestyle and be every bit as enjoyable as living in the U.S.
 
Fool is online now
 
Glare
VeteranXX
Old
240 - 02-09-2010, 08:35
Reply With Quote
USA USA USA



i'd like to see you whiners and terrorists say something bad to this guy's face
 
Glare is offline
 
Page 12 of 28
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
dubai enslaves brown ppl , dubai kills , dubai sucks , dune coons , mitch is a retarded fag , sand niggers , tall fuckn building!#@@!


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:43.