Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Opiates]Suboxone - WARNING
Page 1 of 2
GreasyBoy
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 07-02-2008, 17:25
WD from Suboxone is just as bad, if not worse than most opiates. Do not use this drug to "get off" opiates as it has an extremely long half-life and takes weeks if not months to recover from.

Even if you cycle down, chances are you will still have a long, painful wd.

fyi for the TW opiate heads.

Sponsored Links
naptown
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 07-02-2008, 17:27
im snorting a roxy in honor of this thread

scandal
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 07-02-2008, 17:27
k thanks for the PSA.

Seraph
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 07-02-2008, 17:28
Drugs are bad, m'kay?

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 07-02-2008, 17:29

soundjester
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 07-02-2008, 17:29
My firend asked me if I wanted to do an 8-ball and I was all like "I didn't know you had a pool table"

Kiint
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 07-02-2008, 17:32
OHHAI I CAN HAS DRUGS?

dionysus
VeteranX
Old
8 - 07-02-2008, 17:35
people who take this **** are stupid. I've seen people take it recreationally and just start puking.

grow up and do heron

soundjester
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 07-02-2008, 17:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
grow up and do heron
that bird stuff is the ****!

Last edited by soundjester; 07-02-2008 at 17:38..
DiSk
VeteranX
Old
10 - 07-02-2008, 17:56
a ****ing spec of suboxen makes you feel like you took a handful of pain pills.

that **** is crazy.

GreasyBoy
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 07-02-2008, 20:17
Suboxone is approved for getting opiate users off of opiates, sometimes as an alternative to methadone and the **** is as bad if not worse. Some are also using it as an alternative to regular opiates in pain management.

Seeing as how there are a lot of opiate users here, I thought I might try and save them some grief.

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
12 - 07-02-2008, 20:18
solution stay on the opiates

L&L-KaoS
Unregistered
Old
13 - 07-02-2008, 20:19
Just use tramadol, Quazi Narcotic (not an actual opiate, but synthetic). That should work for ya (i like pharmacology)

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
14 - 07-02-2008, 20:21
that **** is just a way for them to sell heroin to heroin addicts, same with methadone. my buddy just wound up in a rehab clinic outside of boca raton this past weekend (he lives in NYC) and all I know is he wound up in the hospital by mixing his suboxone prescription with methadone from a clinic. all of my friends who quit the junk by going onto to either of these drugs are in rehab or dead.

Psyclone
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 07-02-2008, 20:22
Thanks for the tip, I was thinking about getting off the horse...

GreasyBoy
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 07-02-2008, 20:24
I've read that many people use tramadol/Ultram, but it also has it's share of side effects. Plus Suboxone is not a full agonist which is why it's supposed to be so grand...but it isn't.

L&L-KaoS
Unregistered
Old
17 - 07-02-2008, 20:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
that **** is just a way for them to sell heroin to heroin addicts, same with methadone. my buddy just wound up in a rehab clinic outside of boca raton this past weekend (he lives in NYC) and all I know is he wound up in the hospital by mixing his suboxone prescription with methadone from a clinic. all of my friends who quit the junk by going onto to either of these drugs are in rehab or dead.
Another comparative way to look at it is like quitting cigs.

I tried nicorete, the nicotine inhaler, etc, everything (that had nicotine as their way to quit) and i tried like 8 - 9 times to quit, never worked.

Longest i ever went was cold turkey, or recently from chantix (both do not involve nicotine).

Then again we are talking about a drug that has massive WD symptoms (which for some are life threatening if immediately stopped), if said person can get themselves down to a lower dosage then switch to something Non-narcotic but still a PK like Tramadol, they would be all set, then just ween yourself off of that.

Xapz
VeteranX
Old
18 - 07-02-2008, 20:27
There are a couple of decent medications for HELPING get off opioids. Look, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but coming off opioids will be painful, literally. You've abused your system to the point that it needs opioids to be set at normal (painless). In order to get that threshold back down, you'll have to deal with some pain... some literal pain. It's also very unsafe to cold-turkey quit opioids (toxicities can be lethal).

In short, it sucks to deal with the pain of coming off opioids, but the short term pain will be worth it in the long run. Suboxone and the like are just an AID, not a cure.

L&L-KaoS
Unregistered
Old
19 - 07-02-2008, 20:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyBoy View Post
I've read that many people use tramadol/Ultram, but it also has it's share of side effects. Plus Suboxone is not a full agonist which is why it's supposed to be so grand...but it isn't.
If you take more than 400-500 MG in a 24h period your risk of having a grand mal seizure (big common side affect for taking too much) is almost like 80%. But the feeling is usually pretty good, it's a nice opiate feeling just too much causes seizures (i speak from personal experience).

Xapz
VeteranX
Old
20 - 07-02-2008, 20:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by L&L-KaoS View Post
Longest i ever went was cold turkey, or recently from chantix (both do not involve nicotine).
Chantix actually kinda is nicotine... except it isn't nicotine.. it's a nicotine receptor agonist (so it just acts like Nicotine).

Chantix's actions on nicotine is extremely similar to Suboxones in the sense that they both agonize and antagonize the effects of the target drug... in layman's terms... it semi-stimulates and also blocks the effects.

Tell me about your experience with Chantix.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Opiates]Suboxone - WARNING

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , but i poop from there! , drugs , opiates