[Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes by Rosdower - Page 20 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes
Page 20 of 28
Apeman
VeteranX
Old
381 - 02-10-2010, 12:52
batman, turkey

Sponsored Links
Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
382 - 02-10-2010, 13:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
Well, I have lived in Dubai for 11 years and employed thousands of people from the subcontinent in that time, whereas you have read articles in the media written by journalists who might have been there for a long weekend, but more likely have employed repetitive use of the copy/paste function.

Therefore I must bow to your superior intellect and grasp of the facts. Thanks for helping me out with this.

OK, seriously now. In my current role I have approx 150 reporting to me, working for a reputable business group that emplys 10,000+ in total. Every single last one of them is freely entitled at any time to resign and go home, the company provides a plane ticket and a months salary for every year they have served. It's all in the employment law and their contracts of employment. Of course there are some unscrupulous ****ers who exploit them and **** the law, those are the ones you read about. Funnily enough most of these errrr........."recruitmen t agencies" are controlled by Indians.
Have you ever set foot in one of these off-city worker's colonies?

DaMoz0r
VeteranXX
Old
383 - 02-10-2010, 13:58
has any of us? or have we all just watched that biased VBS doco......

if these so called slaves were being poorly treated. why are they producing such awesome buildings?

Last edited by DaMoz0r; 02-10-2010 at 14:00..
Apeman
VeteranX
Old
384 - 02-10-2010, 13:59
Batman, Turkey

fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
385 - 02-10-2010, 14:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMoz0r View Post
if these so called slaves were being poorly treated. why are they producing such awesome buildings?

I personally have no clue what the worker conditions are, but that is some ridiculously retarded reasoning. Hell I would think you were kidding, were it not for the first sentence of your post.

DaMoz0r
VeteranXX
Old
386 - 02-10-2010, 14:19
It is a joke. I dont know the conditions at all. I've watched that VBS doco which seemed really biased. but from what I can understand it's surely better than living in poverty.

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
387 - 02-10-2010, 15:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeman View Post
Batman, Turkey
i was just playing HOI2 the other day as Italy and in my conquest through Africa, I sent a few dozen divisions into Turkey and LOL'd hard when I saw Batman.

Xion
VeteranX
Old
388 - 02-10-2010, 15:25
I have a cousin that's an expat high rise architect in Qatar, and he was very clear about the shoddy construction practices that are common place over there. He said on a given day, you have a pool of laborers and some get to be electricians for the day, some plumbers, etc. I assume it can't be very different in Dubai.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
389 - 02-10-2010, 15:25
i love how many people hate/troll mitch.

TooSmoothe
VeteranXX
Old
390 - 02-10-2010, 15:36
Quote:
Threat of legal action

On November 7, 2008, Batman Mayor Hüseyin Kalkan began looking into the possibility of suing Christopher Nolan, director of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, and Warner Bros., distributor of the films, claiming the studios had been using "Batman", the name of the superhero, without permission from the city, and "placing the blame for a number of unsolved murders and a high female suicide rate on the psychological impact that the film's success has had on the city's inhabitants." No lawsuit has actually been filed.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
391 - 02-10-2010, 17:07

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
392 - 02-10-2010, 18:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratos View Post
TW FOOD DRIVE
For Mitchdubai and Friends

Given recent events and economic conditions in Dubai, it is important for TW to support our good friend and angsty Dubian, Mitch. Please send canned goods to Mitchdubai
c/o TW Food Drive
Dubai, UAE
Come on guys. I feel really bad for Mitchdubia his Dubai is in ruins and it is very embarrassing for someone that has staked his self-esteem on a little third-world city-state in the desert.

FireStarter
VeteranXX
Old
393 - 02-11-2010, 00:41
Really good read if you have the time:

"Dubai was meant to be a Middle-Eastern Shangri-La, a glittering monument to Arab enterprise and western capitalism. But as hard times arrive in the city state that rose from the desert sands, an uglier story is emerging. Johann Hari reports"

The dark side of Dubai - Johann Hari, Commentators - The Independent

"As soon as he arrived at Dubai airport, his passport was taken from him by his construction company. He has not seen it since. He was told brusquely that from now on he would be working 14-hour days in the desert heat – where western tourists are advised not to stay outside for even five minutes in summer, when it hits 55 degrees (131 degrees Fahrenheit) – for 500 dirhams a month (£90, $133), less than a quarter of the wage he was promised. If you don't like it, the company told him, go home. "But how can I go home? You have my passport, and I have no money for the ticket," he said. "Well, then you'd better get to work," they replied. "

arsin
Veteran++
Old
394 - 02-11-2010, 09:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion View Post
I have a cousin that's an expat high rise architect in Qatar, and he was very clear about the shoddy construction practices that are common place over there. He said on a given day, you have a pool of laborers and some get to be electricians for the day, some plumbers, etc. I assume it can't be very different in Dubai.
I can assure you that most architects couldn't design a ****ter that doesn't sit over a floor joist. In other words most (all?) architects know absolutely fuk all about plumbing and electrical. Hell most architects couldn't tell the difference between a pipe wrench and an oil filter wrench.

Kinda funny reading this thread, about jealous American's slowly coming to the realization of their "second-rate" status, but stubbornly clinging on to past glowies.

Especially you middle class slaves with your relatively sparse benefits. So you only get two weeks vacation? well, you are working to build a stronger corporate AmeriKa, one which will send men to Mars.

Ain't it great.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
395 - 02-11-2010, 09:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
Have you ever set foot in one of these off-city worker's colonies?
Yes, many times. I have to approve the facilities my staff will stay in. As I have already said on numerous occasions, they are in 99% of cases better than the living conditions the same people would have at home. But this factoid doesn't sell newspapers, so you will continue to believe that the exaggerated crap being posted up here is representative of the norm. Johann Hari is possibly the worst of the lot, his report contains so many blatant inaccuracies it's laughable.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
396 - 02-11-2010, 09:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMoz0r View Post
has any of us? or have we all just watched that biased VBS doco......

Well it's got nothing to do with fiercely nationalistic Americans trying to rationalize why the tallest structure that has ever been built wasn't built in America by Americans. It was built by camel-****ers in Camel****istan and somethin about that just doesn't compute.

That is NOT the reason. Nope.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
397 - 02-11-2010, 10:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
Well it's got nothing to do with fiercely nationalistic Americans trying to rationalize why the tallest structure that has ever been built wasn't built in America by Americans. It was built by camel-****ers in Camel****istan and somethin about that just doesn't compute.

That is NOT the reason. Nope.
do people really care that much in the US about the tallest building? it hasn't been in the US for like 15 years

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
398 - 02-11-2010, 11:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbi9 View Post
do people really care that much in the US about the tallest building? it hasn't been in the US for like 15 years
Funnily enough they did seem to care about it a lot when it WAS in America. Now they pretend it's irrelevant. How strange.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
399 - 02-11-2010, 11:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion View Post
So your cousin thinks you're stupid, and told you this to see if he could test the boundaries of exactly how stupid you are. Seems he still has a bit further he can push before he finds your limit.

"Hey Abdul, I know you're a semi-literate plasterer, but would you mind just designing a district cooling setup for us today, Mohammed is off sick. There's an extra 50 cents an hour in it for ya"

Diablo Escobar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
400 - 02-11-2010, 11:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
Yes, many times. I have to approve the facilities my staff will stay in. As I have already said on numerous occasions, they are in 99% of cases better than the living conditions the same people would have at home. But this factoid doesn't sell newspapers, so you will continue to believe that the exaggerated crap being posted up here is representative of the norm. Johann Hari is possibly the worst of the lot, his report contains so many blatant inaccuracies it's laughable.
With direct quotes from people he interviewed, you're essentially calling the reporter a fabricator. I mean, he's interviewing people in Dubai and telling their stories. Maybe some are embellished, but are you really going to say none of those things happened to those people?

Page 20 of 28

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
dubai enslaves brown ppl , dubai kills , dubai sucks , dune coons , mitch is a retarded fag , sand niggers , tall fuckn building!#@@!