[Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes by Rosdower - Page 19 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes
Page 19 of 28
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
361 - 02-09-2010, 22:49
Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second.

Sponsored Links
LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
362 - 02-09-2010, 22:51
Wait wait, are we talking African Swallows or European Swallows?

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
363 - 02-09-2010, 23:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry View Post
The building aren't sand color, they are just covered in sand.

When I first saw the plans for this building, thought that instantly came to mind was "wow, it's going to get dirty as hell in no time a windy desert... I'd hate to be the schmucks that have to clean it."

jonb
VeteranXX
Old
364 - 02-09-2010, 23:18
**** all this desert ****, where's Castle Anthrax!?

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
365 - 02-09-2010, 23:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangle-Me-Elmo View Post
bwahahah i was like 'that sounds like it would be directed towards reggs' so i went back and totally just made my day
Consider it a small drop in the Bucket of Repayment for all the many laughs you have given me.

henry
VeteranXV
Old
366 - 02-09-2010, 23:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
When I first saw the plans for this building, thought that instantly came to mind was "wow, it's going to get dirty as hell in no time a windy desert... I'd hate to be the schmucks that have to clean it."
I wonder how long it takes for them to clean the whole thing. It has to be a 12 hour day at least. Then again, I have no idea how long it takes to clean a building.

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
367 - 02-10-2010, 00:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
In a world of dumb, this is the dumbest. Oh, Reggs, please do enlighten us as to the criteria you have used to determine that the US is the best place to live. As I see it your argument seems to be that the ability to take the pure drivel that your head generates, and shout it at everyone who can't run away fast enough, without being shot on sight, is the only criteria worth consdiering. Seriously, nothing else matters to you. You appear to have just superceded NGFM as the most ignorant retarded ****wit in this forum. The only person who appears to have benefitted from your post is NGFM, who moved one place up the rankings. Nice work fella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottTheWise13 View Post
Not saying that the US is the best, but any country where this happens is automatically barred from the top 50 spots:

British woman arrested in Dubai after reporting **** | World news | guardian.co.uk

TrojanMan421
VeteranXX
Old
368 - 02-10-2010, 01:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulide View Post
So Mitch, your super awesome elevator broke trapping people for nearly an hour and Emarr tried to brush it under the carpet.

Top stuff.

Revealed: why the world's tallest tower closed
Elevator entrapments happen with relative frequency in tall buildings -- these things just aren't usually publicly recorded.

It is interesting that they pay for people to clean the windows when purchasing a machine to do it would probably be much cheaper down the line.

Rulide
VeteranXX
Old
369 - 02-10-2010, 01:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan421 View Post
Elevator entrapments happen with relative frequency in tall buildings -- these things just aren't usually publicly recorded.

It is interesting that they pay for people to clean the windows when purchasing a machine to do it would probably be much cheaper down the line.
Are you mitch? No. So shut the **** up.

Denver
VeteranXX
Old
370 - 02-10-2010, 02:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan421 View Post

Not sure about that.
if you use indian slave labor, it's bound to be cheap.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
371 - 02-10-2010, 09:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoddy View Post
I think people are generally content with where they live, whether it be Shanghai or Nunavut, or they would tend to move. Excepting Detroit, of course.
Hahahahaha. Are you aware of the existence of a couple of small places called India and Africa?

Federere
VeteranXX
Old
372 - 02-10-2010, 09:42
mitch is back!

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
373 - 02-10-2010, 09:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry View Post
I wonder how long it takes for them to clean the whole thing. It has to be a 12 hour day at least. Then again, I have no idea how long it takes to clean a building.
Indeed you don't. Took a good 3 weeks, but then this was the first full clean after cladding finished, some of those panels had been up more than a year. It will never get anywhere close to that dirty again now that it's operational.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
374 - 02-10-2010, 09:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
Not sure about that.
if you use indian slave labor, it's bound to be cheap.
Those guys probably get accomodation, food and $400 a month. Paradise it isn't, but compared with the life of hunger and squalor they would have at home it's a quantum leap forward. They can live on a quarter of that and send the rest back home, many of them put extended families of kids and cousins through school that way, whereas if they didn't those kids would get no education, since they'd be out picking tea from the age of 8. Tea that is mostly consumed in the developed world, including America. Don't think for a minute that you don't contribute to this situation any more than I do just by living here.

Glare
VeteranXX
Old
375 - 02-10-2010, 09:50
and all this time i thought excessive state/national pride was just for rednecks

darkpiece
VeteranXX
Old
376 - 02-10-2010, 09:51
Quit trying to defend your towelhead friends...

is there really a tennis court on top of that sweet hotel?

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
377 - 02-10-2010, 09:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPiece View Post
Quit trying to defend your towelhead friends...

is there really a tennis court on top of that sweet hotel?
1) I don't have any towelhead friends and at no point did I defend the towelheads for anything.

2) No. It's a helicopter pad. It was put there once though to promote the Dubai tennis championships

YouTube - burj al arab - tennis court -andre agassi v/s roger federer

SexPistol
VeteranX
Old
378 - 02-10-2010, 10:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
Those guys probably get accomodation, food and $400 a month. Paradise it isn't, but compared with the life of hunger and squalor they would have at home it's a quantum leap forward. They can live on a quarter of that and send the rest back home, many of them put extended families of kids and cousins through school that way, whereas if they didn't those kids would get no education, since they'd be out picking tea from the age of 8. Tea that is mostly consumed in the developed world, including America. Don't think for a minute that you don't contribute to this situation any more than I do just by living here.
I've heard you say a lot of bull**** about Dubai but this takes the cake. Those people are turned from poor to slaves in Dubai.

Their living conditions aren't humane in the least and they are placed in "debt" the second they step foot off the plane. I cannot believe most of them ever have a chance of contacting let a lone seeing their families again after arriving in Dubai.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
379 - 02-10-2010, 10:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPistol View Post
I've heard you say a lot of bull**** about Dubai but this takes the cake. Those people are turned from poor to slaves in Dubai.

Their living conditions aren't humane in the least and they are placed in "debt" the second they step foot off the plane. I cannot believe most of them ever have a chance of contacting let a lone seeing their families again after arriving in Dubai.
Well, I have lived in Dubai for 11 years and employed thousands of people from the subcontinent in that time, whereas you have read articles in the media written by journalists who might have been there for a long weekend, but more likely have employed repetitive use of the copy/paste function.

Therefore I must bow to your superior intellect and grasp of the facts. Thanks for helping me out with this.

OK, seriously now. In my current role I have approx 150 reporting to me, working for a reputable business group that emplys 10,000+ in total. Every single last one of them is freely entitled at any time to resign and go home, the company provides a plane ticket and a months salary for every year they have served. It's all in the employment law and their contracts of employment. Of course there are some unscrupulous ****ers who exploit them and **** the law, those are the ones you read about. Funnily enough most of these errrr........."recruitmen t agencies" are controlled by Indians.

covenant
VeteranXV
Old
380 - 02-10-2010, 12:11
Which will fall first, the tower or the building?

Page 19 of 28

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
dubai enslaves brown ppl , dubai kills , dubai sucks , dune coons , mitch is a retarded fag , sand niggers , tall fuckn building!#@@!