Costco comboobr vs gfx card prices lol

Plasmatic

Contributor
Veteran XX
Dude, am I getting a Dell?
edit: TL:DR Returned the garbage and upgraded, then built new.
Costco comboobr vs gfx card prices lol by Plasmatic - Page 7 - TribalWar Forums

The damn video card in this thing goes for as much as the entire system. If you can find one.  Yes, I know 982 on newegg 
P0bOLSj.jpg

gE0CAHW.jpg

hxnAc4c.jpg

Last edited:
not the ones i looked at just now the TI models. but there were some last week when I went to the store for BT5 dongle. sometimes they get nvidia sometimes radeon it seems to swap every few weeks. all cards now are 'in store' only though so gotta be quick and lucky. the time before that the whole shelf was red, like a few radeon models and the rest of the shelves were 'red' motherboard box type stuff. but yea, usually it's like the bread shelf during cccp era

arent the cards in these prebuilt systems usually some minimal generic ricewafer with an nvidia gpu taped on

arent the cards in these prebuilt systems usually some minimal generic ricewafer with an nvidia gpu taped on

8gig of ram in a gpu is dogshit the 1080ti had 11gb DDR5X this is prob where they are cheaping out in addition to crappy single blower design.

Let me know how it performs.. Will it play most of the modern games OK?
There's no way I'm going back to building my own and figuring that shit out.

Probably contains an off brand card that is gimped in some way

I don't see how that is a good price, they are only $535 us here in Aus, available in all the usual PC stores.

Holy crap they have the 3090 Ti now, over $3k, that is some serious kit

Last edited:
Pretty good so far Sev. Costco also has a 3 month no questions asked return policy.
Bought it as a hedge against possible rising prices, if component prices drop significantly in the next few months I can return it.

The motherboard seems to be the bottleneck, not utilizing the fast memory all the way.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/52718581
UserBenchmarks: Game 116%, Desk 94%, Work 122%
CPU: Intel Core i7-11700 - 92.6%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060-Ti - 125.6%
SSD: Nvme BC511 SK hynix 512GB - 145.9%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016) - 105.7%
RAM: Unknown M378A2G43AB3-CWE 2x16GB - 73.1%
MBD: Dell XPS 8940

Last edited:
Holy crap they have the 3090 Ti now, over $3k, that is some serious kit

watched a review on the 3090ti a few months back - they said not as good as the 3080ti

dunno, prolly a driver thing? :shrug:

i roll a 3080 RTX, gud enuff 4 me and not paying that kind of scalp money for either of those ti's

Back