How many different places have you lived in in your life?

How many?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Paris, France
Bordeaux France
New Haven CT
Amherst MA
NYC NY
Boston Ma
Paris France
Normandie France

excluding places i've lived in more than once, 23
including places i've lived in more than once, 26

ill go w the lower bc of the specification of "different"

at first i went through the list of every place i'd lived in chronological order and then i went back and tried to put the ages i'd lived there

the last apartment i lived in was the longest i'd ever stayed in a single place at one time since i was a toddler

dang

I got to 25 on a quick count but sure I missed a couple. 11 houses just in Dubai. My wife loves moving house.

In before predictable.

at first i went through the list of every place i'd lived in chronological order and then i went back and tried to put the ages i'd lived there

the last apartment i lived in was the longest i'd ever stayed in a single place at one time since i was a toddler

dang

doesn't moving that often suck balls?

or do you have a minimalist lifestyle where you can pack up and go with little effort?

Let’s see, I need to think about this:
1. North Reading Ma till 3
2. North Reading Moved across the street till about 14-15 years of age.
3. Moved to Tewksbury Ma till I graduated and first semester of college.
4. Joined USAF 1982, Basic training in San Antonio TX but only 6 weeks, so not this.
5. Stationed at Lowry AFB Colorado for 6 months dorms
6. Stationed at Shaw AFB lived in Dorms until I got married in. 1985
7. Got married moved into trailer park across from base, 2 yrs
8. Got out, bought mobile home in Lee Nh lived there 3yrs
9. Bought home and Moved to Dracut Ma and lived there till 2010 when all but one child had graduated and were in college
10. Sold home to renovate beach house, Lived in Lowell Ma in apartment one year until youngest graduated.
11. Moved to Hampton Nh and still live there.
12. Bout 5 yrs retire to SC where we have a house we use for vacation currently.

So technically 10 by your criteria

Not sure how this is pertinent to your interests, Midxe. Unless it's merely to curry a little favor with your haters by asking an allegedly "neutral" poll question.

Aw shit, rumbled. Yeah I come here trying super hard to be popular with all the slow :ftard:s in here.

No idea why it's not working :rolleyes:

Residences, a lot.

Places I've lived:

Alabama, USA
Colorado, USA
Florida, USA
Illinois, USA
Georgia, USA
Texas, USA

Costa Rica
Italy

doesn't moving that often suck balls?

or do you have a minimalist lifestyle where you can pack up and go with little effort?

i would say yes and no
when i was a teenager my parents divorced and in between the custody battles and my mom unable to hold down a job and keep a lease on an apartment without making enemies of the management, yeah, the teenage years sucked. when i went to college @17 i bounced between my grandparents home, my fraternity house, and a couple apartments i had with friends. those days didnt suck at all because i was finally "free" as it were and i just kinda kept that mentality until i turned 30 and then it became "alright, time to settle down and live a more boring, normal life. i had my fun"

i still miss my 20s of not knowing where i was gonna live in 3 months, what country i would be in, what i was gonna eat the next week or who i was gonna be hanging out with etc and it makes me sad that as each year goes by i get further away from those days

i would say between the ages of 17-30 i had very little, making it easy to move about as i did, but i lived more than post people do in their entire lives so making the adjustment to being a settled, established guy has had its own challenges. now i have things and i can own just about anything i really want and i have - by japan standards - a big place with plenty of room for more things to own and i have more than enough money to go anywhere i want and have a vacation but its not the same as having a grand or two grand and being like "time to fly to a country ive never been to, where i dont know anyone, and make this money last 3-6 months"

like dipping your toe in the water vs jumping in head first

i moved every year for a really long time

it became almost like a compulsion - 1 year must move again

staying in once place after that felt strange

Back