Reload this Page its been about 3-4 years
Page 2 of 3
Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
21 - 07-04-2008, 22:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKillKulT View Post
rays and sox have swept each other twice this year. lets see who is on top at end of year.

Spoiler
if we are or aren't.....it's still very interesting and exciting in the AL East so far.

although your going to have to whip that bullpen into shape to get any further in the playoffs...

And it also looks like for the next 30 games, we finally get some ****ty teams to play....so hopefully we'll build on our lead.

Sponsored Links
Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
22 - 07-04-2008, 22:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple View Post
Quote:
What would have been the call if the ball had remained on the top of the fence?
***8220;That ball is live, so if that ball had stayed on top of the fence, it would be have been interesting,***8221; umpire crew chief Wally Bell said. ***8220;We***8217;re going to have to find out exactly what the ruling would be on that.***8221;
Even Mike Port, Major League Baseball***8217;s vice president of umpiring, wasn***8217;t positive.
***8220;The guess is that if it had stayed there, it would have been a home run because it had broken the front plane, but we***8217;ll discuss it with supervisors in the next few days,***8221; he said. ***8220;The great thing about this game is that after 100 or more years, you still see things that may not have happened before.***8221;
what are the odds, seriously. ive seen balls bounce off fences, but sit on em? one in a million.
so my question....why was it a ground rule double and not a homerun (yes it came back, but he's talking about it being a HR because it broke the plane). If a homerun hits the seats and bounces back in play, it's not a double or out, it's still a HR.

triple
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 07-04-2008, 23:07
it wasnt a ground rule double. it was a triple.

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
24 - 07-04-2008, 23:10
Quote:
it wasnt a ground rule double. it was a triple.
yes....i got that wrong...my bad. still, the questions valid. why wasn't it a hr anyways if it would have been a homerun had it stayed up there.

triple
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 07-04-2008, 23:10
well.. read what you said. it would have been a hr if it stayed there. it didn't.

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
26 - 07-04-2008, 23:12
Quote:
well.. read what you said. it would have been a hr if it stayed there. it didn't.
and read what you quoted....."because it broke the plane....". It broke the plane, therefore it should have been a hr, even though it came back into play. follow me?

triple
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 07-04-2008, 23:13
it broke the plane and then fell back in play. just like if an outfielder reaches his glove over the fence and brings it back in. its called "getting robbed"

-raven-
VeteranX
Old
28 - 07-04-2008, 23:13
Quote:
lol swept by the guys who got swept by the drays
wat

there are two more games in the series

triple
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 07-04-2008, 23:14
yea, i know, im just assuming they'll win those two.

is that cocky?

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 07-04-2008, 23:14
It didn't leave the field of play. Most fences and walls have yellow tops which are in play. The top of the wall = not a HR.

triple
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 07-04-2008, 23:15
its also local rules as well which complicates things much further

top of the green monster = hr

top of the yankee outfield fence = no, sorry

-raven-
VeteranX
Old
32 - 07-04-2008, 23:17
Quote:
it broke the plane and then fell back in play. just like if an outfielder reaches his glove over the fence and brings it back in. its called "getting robbed"

???

If a ball breaks the plane and bounces back onto the field, its still a home run.

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
33 - 07-04-2008, 23:17
Quote:
and the same as if it hits the seat and comes back into play (which is still a hr).

So the other side of that is, it could have been ruled an out if damon had just reached up and grabbed the ball....and he would have been robbed.

Either way, games over, the call won't get reveresed...and now the yanks are tied with baltimore. haha

edit: and yea, as you said....the local rules of the park make a difference too.

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
34 - 07-04-2008, 23:19
the rays could use another big bat in the lineup such as griffey

they have the pitching and defense and a deep farm

i want to see how they handle the tail end of the season being so young

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
35 - 07-04-2008, 23:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddiz View Post
I like the old dudes face. Got the glasses tipped down
if you watch the video...the guy in the dark shirt runs up to the fence and yells at damon to get the ball.

-raven-
VeteranX
Old
36 - 07-04-2008, 23:22
The players who are responsible for the Rays being in first place will be worth a lot more after this season and the Rays won't be able to afford them.

Honestly though they probably will finish third behind the Red Sox and Yankees.

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
37 - 07-04-2008, 23:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidious View Post
the rays could use another big bat in the lineup such as griffey

they have the pitching and defense and a deep farm

i want to see how they handle the tail end of the season being so young
nady and bay have been mentioned as targets for us. there's been talk about getting griffey, but the concensus among the fans seems to be that the platoon option in RF right now is better then getting griffey (but i think it would help put asses in the seats, but the attendence is still up this year).

Personally, i think we should go after Griffey this offseason since Floyd will probably retire after this year and Griffey lives just up the road anyways (AND he'd be a lot cheaper being signed as a FA).

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
38 - 07-04-2008, 23:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by -raven- View Post
The players who are responsible for the Rays being in first place will be worth a lot more after this season and the Rays won't be able to afford them.

Honestly though they probably will finish third behind the Red Sox and Yankees.
id be surprised if ny even makes the wc

-raven-
VeteranX
Old
39 - 07-04-2008, 23:27
Where was NY at this point last year? I know they were sucking pretty bad early in the season and eventually picked it up and won the wildcard.

-raven-
VeteranX
Old
40 - 07-04-2008, 23:28
I looked it up and the Yankees were under .500 and 10 games behind at the all star break last year. You'd be pretty naive to count them out. They are obnoxious like that.

Edit: Actually 11.5 games back on July 4. See: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp?ymd=20070704

Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page its been about 3-4 years

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
d rays swept sox lol , pear , red sox lick taints , triple is a troll