IMG-20220803-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20220803-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20220803-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20220803-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20220803-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20220803-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20220803-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20220803-WA0009.jpg

Nice - good to see the Massive getting wet!
I take it that is your local break off from your building? Looks like a nice gentle paddle, not like trying to get through a washing machine.

I'm hoping to get back out soon. Went into hospital today and had an anaesthetic and some steroid Dexamethasone, pumped into my C6 nerve root at the spinal cord (to see if that is the one causing all the trouble).

If it helps then they might talk about some more serious surgery to clear away the vertebrae so it can't get trapped anymore.

Needless to say, I'm about as stoned as 5 pages of the bandit thread right now!

The paddle out is a dream. The wave breaks into a channel.

From the beach, paddle to the right into the channel and take that deep water conveyor belt out to the line up. Never have to paddle through white water.

Growing up in California beach breaks was a struggle on larger days getting pounded trying to get to the outside. But here at Los Pinos, it doesn't matter how big it gets, it doesn't break in the channel. Once you're in the line up, sure you can get caught inside, but then just paddle toward the channel and then easy paddle back out.

I went from the Massive to surfing my friend's little 5'8" the next day. I'm pretty happy I can still paddle and get into waves on that tiny thing, (29.9 liters volume). Not having a hard paddle out helps.

My friend's wife went through some upper neck surgery and is doing much much better than when she was in constant pain. I hope things go well for you soon.

Last edited:
I got a pic!
Cruising at the bottom until I pump to the top and zip

IMG-20220812-WA0041.jpg:

It was a nice long wave.

I can get out again now that the miracle has happened.

IMG-20220815-160322928-HDR.jpg

I wish I had the healing powers of this 12-year-old puppy.

First this for 3+ hours
IMG-20220812-WA0032.jpg

Then this
IMG-20220812-173042179-MP.jpg

Then back to this
IMG-20220812-WA0031.jpg

And this
IMG-20220815-WA0001.jpg

Going out for some meat

Not much to do today
No waves and Patricia has a friend from the states over
so, This is an excellent vid to watch to see how friggin' competitive Kelly is (and he's settled down) but he is the one that taught others how to be serious about this surfing competition stuff. He's a machine.... This is more talk than surf, but it's quite the life he's built.

Can you guys get into competition surfing without being surfers?

This is Kelly feeling the age. Hell if I was him I'd surf the tour until I wouldn't qualify anymore, atm he's still winning,, but
I'm not Kelly. I think he's going to retire in a year or two. That is going to be rough on him no matter how many prosperous side projects he has.

I'm hoping to get back out soon. Went into hospital today and had an anaesthetic and some steroid Dexamethasone, pumped into my C6 nerve root at the spinal cord (to see if that is the one causing all the trouble).

Left shoulder pain that creeps down the arm and possibly a numb thumb and/or index finger?

Dealt with that shit for 3 months. MRI confirmed issue and physical therapy took care of it. I ramp the exercises back up when I feel it acting up. Can easily go months at a time with no issues.

My wife had some cortisone pumped into her shoulder, and although the problem has come back somewhat 2 years later, it's still not as bad as it was. I don't know how that would 'heal', but she seems so much better with raising her arm. I hope arak finds the hospital cure. I don't know why I'm not permanently fucked up (knee, ankle, back,,, head) but I keep healing...

For me it was just a pinched nerve. Working out the muscle groups around the neck and shoulders essentially straightened out the spine in that area so it stopped rubbing on shit it should not be rubbing on thus creating inflammation. The inflammation put pressure on the nerve coming out between C5/C6 thus caused the nerve to become "pinched" and created all the pain and numbness.

I think the doc said my disc was "bulging" and not burst.

I am sold on physical therapy handling neck and back issues after this. The results were fairly quick (2 weeks total) and obvious.

I need to show my wife your post. All the docs say, 'first go to physical therapy and see if that helps...' but of course she has no time for that. She just wants a shot/pill... she's scared of surgery so she hasn't jumped toward that, but she has some upper cervical problems of late. Lately I've been getting her to stretch out more using door jams and I will continue to push it more. Every time I get her to stretch she does better.

Back