[Canada] second terrorist attack in last 48 hours by amRam - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Canada] second terrorist attack in last 48 hours
Page 2 of 10
triple
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 10-22-2014, 12:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
People do bat an eye in Canadian cities... the trouble is that if you attack a mall in Canada you're almost guaranteed not to encounter armed resistance until the cops show up. There are no armed guards, and there are no armed citizens.

Not intended to start a gun control debate... just stating facts.
I meant in a broader sense. Getting pulled over with a rifle isn't as bad as getting pulled over with chemical weapons. Terrorists are starting to try less spectacular attacks in favor of the constant threat of shootings.

Sponsored Links
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 10-22-2014, 12:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple View Post
I meant in a broader sense. Getting pulled over with a rifle isn't as bad as getting pulled over with chemical weapons.
Again, it raises some flags in Canada... but really, what are the odds one of these nutbars is gonna be pulled over or seen in the first place until he's ready to start shooting?

It's a serious threat and almost impossible to guard against. Definitely a much more realistic threat (evidently) than something involving bombs or chemical weapons. It's simply far easier to pull off.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 10-22-2014, 12:27
yikes

be safe my eastern brothers

Wiglaf
VeteranX
Old
24 - 10-22-2014, 12:33
it's our own damn fault really. gotta control that oil.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
25 - 10-22-2014, 12:37

Federere
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 10-22-2014, 12:39
damn muslins

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 10-22-2014, 12:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple View Post
this is some ****ed up ****. G&M reporting shooting at a mall now?

This is what a lot of people thought jihad would look like from now on.. no one bats an eye if you own a gun, there's no danger in ****ing up a suicide vest, and it can last for hours.
What? People do bat an eye. This is Canada. People don't just go around carrying guns. If someone is carrying a gun, everyone is looking at them. This isn't America. Gun laws aren't very restrictive here, but you can't buy automatic weapons. People just don't feel the need to have guns "for protections" like in America. Most that have guns are hunters, have to protect livestock, or live in rural areas where there's a somewhat threat.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 10-22-2014, 12:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
What? People do bat an eye. This is Canada. People don't just go around carrying guns. If someone is carrying a gun, everyone is looking at them. This isn't America. Gun laws aren't very restrictive here, but you can't buy automatic weapons. People just don't feel the need to have guns "for protections" like in America. Most that have guns are hunters, have to protect livestock, or live in rural areas where there's a somewhat threat.
Would you feel like you needed protection if these incidents were on the rise? I certainly would.

Boomerman
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 10-22-2014, 12:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
But I thought Canada was everyone's friend by staying out of things
Our Prime Minister has been very vocal against ISIS the past few month showing strong support for the US and it's allies. Some would say too vocal but I would prefer that we show some balls in what is a global problem instead of sitting on the fence.

Unfortunately the events of the past few days are going to call all that into question. I hope we stay the course now that this is hitting close to home. This is taking place at our national Parliment...it's a big deal.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
30 - 10-22-2014, 12:53
im still pissed that a dude was able to shoot a dude at the monument, then get all the way up to the parliament building

there are always a lot of cops on the hill so apparently they all just sat there and watched this ****er walk up.

Boomerman
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 10-22-2014, 12:55
clearly not prepared at all.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
32 - 10-22-2014, 12:55
Soldier that was shot earlier has died.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
33 - 10-22-2014, 12:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
im still pissed that a dude was able to shoot a dude at the monument, then get all the way up to the parliament building

there are always a lot of cops on the hill so apparently they all just sat there and watched this ****er walk up.
How quickly can you run from the one spot to the next? It's ****ed up that he made it into the building that's for sure. But then how many such things have happened at various government buildings lately... even the White House. Immediate response is a tricky thing.

Glytch
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 10-22-2014, 13:02
'Stay the course now that this is hitting closer to home'

Really? I'm not sure I can relate to people that think that you can stop terrorism. You cut off one of the snakes head and another will take its place.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
35 - 10-22-2014, 13:03
Muslims want to **** Christians because they like their fair skin and blue eyes. In other words, Muslims don't like brown girls, their own kind. They like everything about America, except they want to **** it up with Sharia Law.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
36 - 10-22-2014, 13:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Muslims want to **** Christians because they like their fair skin and blue eyes. In other words, Muslims don't like brown girls, their own kind. They like everything about America, except they want to **** it up with Sharia Law.
They like dudes in denim too.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 10-22-2014, 13:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Would you feel like you needed protection if these incidents were on the rise? I certainly would.
I wouldn't feel the need to carry a gun. More guns isn't the solution to a situation like this. That's how situations like VT, Sandy Hook, Aurora, and more. Or a former cop shooting someone over texting during a movie. I'd hate to see Canada become a place where guns are commonplace and even a few people take advantage of it.

I do believe police should be allowed to use more lethal force. I am not a fan of dogs being used. They don't know how to defend themselves from knives or other weapons. I was very pissed off when a police dog was killed here in Edmonton a while back when it was used to catch a car thief. Dogs can't be trained to react and defend against weapons. I'd rather they'd shoot the guy in the legs for fleeing the scene of a crime.

But if everyone has a gun on them, how do you know who might have bad intentions? Not everyone "acts suspiciously" before doing something. And if you wanted to engage the shooter, how do you know you wouldn't hit someone else with your shots? A lot of factors to come into play. I'd rather leave the protection of the people to the police and military when it's necessary in these events.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
38 - 10-22-2014, 13:22
to be fair

that ****er WAS texting during a movie

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 10-22-2014, 13:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
I'd rather they'd shoot the guy in the legs for fleeing the scene of a crime.
Yeah guns don't really work that way.

And regarding only cops carrying them.. it's kinda scary how little mandated training they have. Most Canadian cops will shoot 50-100 (1 to 2 boxes) of ammo in a year, just to re-qualify. But anyway, this isn't really about guns. This is about a dangerous ideology.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 10-22-2014, 13:28
I do not want more people to have guns, no

the day people feel the need to have a 1911 on their belt like its a pager from the 90s to feel safe is the day I move to scandanavia

Page 2 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Canada] second terrorist attack in last 48 hours

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
fuck you vlasic!!!