Reload this Page Official Christianity Thread
Page 11 of 27
DillingerEscp
VeteranXV
Old
201 - 07-02-2008, 23:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipher77 View Post
What God chooses to do with the unrighteous is his right alone. It was very clear to them I am sure of what God expected from them. If God chooses to be more loving know that is his right for his creation.
Nonsense. I seriously hope you're trolling. It's so obvious when you look at the changes in religion and history side by side that there had to be a more loving religion to come out (which I think was a very good thing at the time) but now, 2000 ****ing years later, I think we can drop the Jesus thing. It's mind boggling how people buy into this **** still.

Take the bible, do you know how many serious contradictions there are in it? It's absurd.

"The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works."

then

"And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them."

and whether or not you can see God.

Quote:
EXO 24:9,10; AMO 9:1; GEN 26:2; and JOH 14:9
God CAN be seen:
"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (EXO 33:23)
"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (EXO 33:11)
"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (GEN 32:30)

God CANNOT be seen:
"No man hath seen God at any time." (JOH 1:18)
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." (EXO 33:20)
"Whom no man hath seen nor can see." (1TIM 6:16)

Now, I know it doesn't necessarily disprove God, but this is what you get when you have a collection of writing from MEN, thinking they are being told by some transcendent father figure what to say - bull****.

Sponsored Links
Plunk
VeteranX
Old
202 - 07-02-2008, 23:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
Speaking of ignorance, how about you go back and read what I posted. Did it say anywhere that Einstein believed in a personal God? I know this requires some reasoning here and yes a little more effort than typing "Einstein god quotes" in google...but please, do some more research.

But if you must go on and it makes you feel better. Please, indulge us with some more Einstein quotes from your vast library.
This is a Christianity thread. So its assumed the God we are talking about is the Christian one. Talking about non-personal, metaphorical gods is irrelevant to the conversation.

interface
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
203 - 07-02-2008, 23:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive_Tyrant View Post
Well, at least we all agree that Scientology sucks. Everything else is negotiable
hah - w0rd

Enlightened One
VeteranXX
Old
204 - 07-02-2008, 23:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by interface View Post
You don't have to have be dumb...to be a believer.

Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
205 - 07-02-2008, 23:53
Quote:
I never claimed it was the 'Godfather' of Jesus denial. It's a simplistic primer that even brainwashed Jesus Junkies can understand. There are lots more. If that one sends you screaming to the pulpit, I doubt you could stomach the others.

Spoiler
It has nothing to do with being able to stomach it. It's just scholastically unfounded garbage. It's akin to watching Loose Change or Zeitgeist. It's ****, and it's filled to the brim with juvenile tantrums by some whiny little ****head that's just pissed off at his former god.

It amazes me that a group of people that pride themselves on being at the forefront of academia are so ****ing hasty to dismiss the evidence we have for the existence of one of the most prominent figures of western culture. Jesus ****ing Christ.

Hive_Tyrant
Clambaked5
Contributor
Old
206 - 07-02-2008, 23:54
There's evidence?

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
207 - 07-02-2008, 23:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
You've only posted here a few years too.

I'm not the first to tell you that TW is the LAST place you'll get any sort of good response. Not to be rude, but you're honestly wasting your time in a thread.

PM me if you want to discuss it. I was a very devout catholic for more than 20 years, and have been "godless" for about 5. I know more about the christian religions in general, and the catholic one in particular, than most people you'll ever know.
I would love to discuss with you anything you have in your mind about God. Maybe we can even teach each other a few things about the Bible. I do not have the years of experience you do, but I would love to know why you turned from your faith. I will PM you my email address.

Zulu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
208 - 07-02-2008, 23:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunk View Post
This is a Christianity thread. So its assumed the God we are talking about is the Christian one. Talking about non-personal, metaphorical gods is irrelevant to the conversation.
Sorry about this, I thought I was posting in Tribalwar...where threads can take slight deviations from time to time. Slap me now.

Hey wait a second...what's with the guy posting trains wrecks in the thread? What they hell does that have to do with Christianity anyway?

Plunk
VeteranX
Old
209 - 07-02-2008, 23:55
Quote:
There's evidence?
I think he's talking about the existence of Jesus the man, not the messiah.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
210 - 07-02-2008, 23:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DillingerEscp View Post
Nonsense. I seriously hope you're trolling. It's so obvious when you look at the changes in religion and history side by side that there had to be a more loving religion to come out (which I think was a very good thing at the time) but now, 2000 ****ing years later, I think we can drop the Jesus thing. It's mind boggling how people buy into this **** still.

Take the bible, do you know how many serious contradictions there are in it? It's absurd.

"The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works."

then

"And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them."

and whether or not you can see God.

Now, I know it doesn't necessarily disprove God, but this is what you get when you have a collection of writing from MEN, thinking they are being told by some transcendent father figure what to say - bull****.
I do not have a Old Testatment bible unfortantely, so I cannot look this up. What I will say though is that the greater context of what lead up to that passage can be a clue to clarify what you tout as evidence.

Hive_Tyrant
Clambaked5
Contributor
Old
211 - 07-02-2008, 23:58
Quote:
I think he's talking about the existence of Jesus the man, not the messiah.
Again I say, There's evidence? I mean, real concrete evidence? I've never - ever - seen any.

Countdown until someone evokes 'Faith':

(just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in... UGH!)

Rilke
VeteranX
Old
212 - 07-02-2008, 23:59
Is the Christianity or the Thread official?

Zulu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
213 - 07-02-2008, 23:59
Hey Sipher, I have to hand it to you - you've got some balls or you're sipping too much from the whiskey bottle tonight, or something...

Whatever the case, hat's off to you bud. When someone can talk about their beliefs in a sea of criticism without turning into an asshat, that's something. Well done.

Plunk
VeteranX
Old
214 - 07-02-2008, 23:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu
Um..yes.
It's hard to gather from that what your topic of discussion is. Regardless, its obvious your back-peddling at this point as you realize that Einstein doesnt support your religion at all. And even if he did, you're just appealing to authority which is a huge logical fallacy anyway.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
215 - 07-03-2008, 00:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilke View Post
Is the Christianity or the Thread official?
the thread i think? lol

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
216 - 07-03-2008, 00:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
Hey Sipher, I have to hand it to you - you've got some balls or you're sipping too much from the whiskey bottle tonight, or something...

Whatever the case, hat's off to you bud. When someone can talk about their beliefs in a sea of criticism without turning into an asshat, that's something. Well done.
If I have done some sort of work in God's eyes, it is not me as a person doing it, but it is the Holy Spirit. I am but a vessel.

Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
217 - 07-03-2008, 00:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipher77 View Post
Crap my bad I meant Peter.
Just what in the Sam Hell are you talking about? Have you ever read the Bible?

Toranaga
VeteranX
Old
218 - 07-03-2008, 00:02
question

what happened to everyone who lived before jesus

are they rotting in eternal hell?

Zulu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
219 - 07-03-2008, 00:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunk View Post
It's hard to gather from that what your topic of discussion is. Regardless, its obvious your back-peddling at this point as you realize that Einstein doesnt support your religion at all. And even if he did, you're just appealing to authority which is a huge logical fallacy anyway.
Ok wait, I thought we were done here. I am not backpeddling, but why don't we go way back to 10 minutes ago where the statement was made

Quote:
Einstein believed in God
then

Quote:
Um..no
then

Quote:
Um..yes
At which time I pointed to evidence from respected sources that suggest Einstein believed in a God, though not a personal Christian one. You called me out and said I was derailing the Christianty thread. I apologized, sarcastically, and now you're back.

What gives man?

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
220 - 07-03-2008, 00:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpy Dooby View Post
Just what in the Sam Hell are you talking about? Have you ever read the Bible?
I misinterpreted the context of what you said, and for that I apologize. As I have said before, I have only read a few books of the bible. I do not tout myself as an expert by any means.

Page 11 of 27

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Official Christianity Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
athiesm , badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , boy must be sacrificed , bullshit , christian , delusions , free gon , fuck christians , fuck jesus , gay priest , get a mind of your own , goth , irrational , jesus built my hotrod , kill the boy , nogodforme , overpopulators , priest touches boy , reggs , religious fuck , shitlicks for jesus , suicidetaxi is god , will smith