[Help]Streaming media to the PS3 using WMP11.

CelticMojo

Contributor
Veteran X
I am trying to do as the title says.
I got everything working but a good majority of my media is not being added to the media library.
Does anyone know a way not involving sandpaper to manually add media to the wmp11 library?
Or is there a better program for doing this rather than wmp? edit: I tried using ps3 media server but for whatever reason it is not seeing my ps3.

thanks in advance.

TVersity. Been using it for weeks with no problem. Free and Pro versions, but the Pro doesn't offer anything special besides access to streaming shit like Hulu. The free version works flawlessly, and the only file formats I've had issues with have been MKV/some FLV/rmvb.

TVersity - Home

Dude, just add the folder(s) that your media is located in, into WMP. WMP will then add those files in the folder(s) to your WMP library. Close WMP, and reopen it. Turn on, or restart, your PS3. In the PS3 menu, go to video, select your PC, select sort by folder, select the folder the media is located in, and select your file.

It isn't hard and actually works better than the 360 every did with WMP... which doesn't make sense.

I forgot to mention, in order to add the folder to your WMP you will need to (in Win7) right click the folder that your media is located in, select include in library (select video if you have videos in that folder). This will enable WMP to include the folder in its library. You may also need to enable file sharing with that folder as well.

Make sure you have also enabled Media Sharing (streaming) in the control panel / network sharing center.

**edit -- you will only need to add the folder to library if you do not have the folder/media in the my video folder in your documents folder.

**edit 2 -- I am only being helpful because I am drunk. Make sure I get a thanks and one of this smile icons.

**edit 3 -- Oh! And you will need to reopen WMP everytime you add new files, so that WMP can refresh its library, or the PS3 will not see the file.

Last edited:
I saw someone mention that earlier when I was reading about ps3 media server. which sucks ass btw.

It does not, you do not know what you are saying.

**edit -- misread your posty... sorry!

Last edited:
I let media center do it, and it found some files that I didn't know I had, and didn't really want showing up there.

Interesting.

Now, is there an easy way to get Hulu on PS3 for free?

worthless without links,
ps3mediaserver - Project Hosting on Google Code

you guys also forget to mention that PS3 media server encodes no completable mediafiles (like .mkv) to codecs that the ps3 can read..

ps3 media server is pretty nice.

one question though, is there a way to change video size aside from just original and full? I'm trying to watch HD shows on my 52" tv (16:9) and I noticed that some of the edges get cropped out instead of having black bars on top and bottom.

while playing the movie press 'triangle'. A menu pops up, there should a option called 'change screensize' or something. maybe that'll help?

PS3 Media server by far the most advanced and best media server for ps3.

I need to be able to play PAL (23/25fps) stuff without sync issues.

Back