[Blog][Pics]Your cars, show them to me

Nice to see the VW guys.

Wifes car(hers is dark blue)
2007_Passat_2.0T.jpg

My car(identical, except in grey)
small%20RS6%20side2.jpg

Have to find some pics of my squareback.

What exactly is it? I mean, I know it's a VW Jetta, but?

I love what you did to the front end, it looks super clean.

And it's a damn shame it's FWD. With that kind of power, so much more could be done on an AWD or RWD setup. Have you done any susp work to make it handle better? I can't say the Jetta platform is terrible, and that there are certainly better platforms to build on, but if everyone had the same shit, we might as well all be in NASCAR doing left hand turns!

For what it's worth, here's the story behind my car:
Restoration : Long Story Told - evolutionm.net
It's Begun - miEVO.net - Michigan Lancer and Evo Club

Alot of the pictures are broken, but I think you could follow the links to my photobucket if you feel the need to cyber-stalk.

It's a 2001 Jetta VR6. I don't know of any cars on TW that could take me from a highway roll (wah wah wah lets race from a dig wah wah), but I'm sure there are lurkers with faster cars.

It has a LSD, rear sway bar, and H&R sport springs all around, Bilstein race shocks/struts. I don't autocross or anything like that, I barely ever push my comfort zone in the bends, I just like to go really, really fast. On the highway it's pretty epic, but below 60mph i can freely spin the tires. I have a 2 stage boost controller with a switch on the dash I can flick between 8.5 psi and whatever the max is at the moment. The car is gearing limited to about 163 with my tires, and it has the topend to reach that speed really quickly. I don't have any interest in doing it again though, it was completely reckless

i don't drag race though, and i realize what a poor platform it is blah blah blah... but find my many other engines that will take that much power on a stock shortblock and CLUTCH for 60k miles.... i enjoy the car a lot and that's what matters to me

that's cool. you don't seem to be a typical vw douche (1.8t never loses, etc.)...

I had a MkIV GTI w/ a VR6... it was always frustrating at how poorly it put even the limited power I had down. needless to say, very stark contrast to what I drive currently...

stock image, but mine looks exactly the same.
2003 Corolla S
149739.1-lg.jpg

I'm getting close to 100K miles too :(

Also, since I figure this thread will attract the people that would know: It's been feeling pretty sluggish lately. I'm thinking that part of it may be that the computer adjusted to how it was driven while my parents had it (if it has a computer, I'm unsure), and part of it may be that it needs some maintenance. Other than feeling massively underpowered from what I remember it being though, it drives fine. Anyone know what might be the problem?

Last edited:
my brother decided to take it out for a joy ride with some friends

in the rain

at 2 in the morning

down a twisty unlighted road.

it was prettier before

he was ok cause i had a roll cage installed.

he flipped it onto the roof and slide aways. nobody got hurt. he was just being an idiot.
3612103289_bddc7e7ca6_b.jpg

in the rain

at 2 in the morning

it was prettier before

he flipped it onto the roof and slide aways. nobody got hurt. he was just being an idiot.

Did you murder him?

that's cool. you don't seem to be a typical vw douche (1.8t never loses, etc.)...

I had a MkIV GTI w/ a VR6... it was always frustrating at how poorly it put even the limited power I had down. needless to say, very stark contrast to what I drive currently...

yeah i agree, the typical vw owner is a twat. i cant really relate to most of them, and a lot of the attention my car gets at get togethers/meets is not the kind I like. I keep it clean and running well, no body kit, no stickers of the shocker, etc.

I do have an exhaust cutout with a motor, also on a switch in the cabin. it gets pretty loud going turbo-DP-air... made 30whp more with it open, too. I've posted a video of it before but I think putfile broked permanently

img1326o.jpg

98 chevy malibu

has a 3.1L v6 and is fun to drive. It doesnt turn very sharp but handles well. hate the gold wheels though

yessir.

Volant Intake
Pacesetter Longtube Headers w/o cat
Bassani Catback Exhaust
SLP Underdrive Pulley

Hope you tuned that bitch... My GTO didn't like LTs without a tune all that much, but it was a monster with a tune...

in the rain

at 2 in the morning

it was prettier before

:( :( :(

Harnesses and all that too?

Any other mods?

Back