[Blog][Pics]Your cars, show them to me

gtimontage.jpg

Well I just got the Jag I bought home but it is dirty as fuck from sitting under a maple tree for a year. I'll give it a bath and wax it and post some pics in a few days.

If you want to look one up it is a 1990 Jaguar xj6/xj40 Sovereign dark red with tan leather interior and burl walnut, 4-spd automatic, fuel-injected straight 6.

How well do you like the RX8? Have you had many problems with the car (I've heard they're prone to mechanical problems)?

I have an 05, which has had a fair share of problems. Partly my fault, for buying what was still a 1st gen car (they chaged the tranny and a few engine components in the 06). I will say that Mazda has always bent over backwards to make me happy when I bring it in, though. They're extremely helpful with the rotary engine (They've replaced an entire engine on the house), and actually thanked me for breaking the car and gave me a bunch of free Mazdaspeed stuff and a racing DVD. As for the car it self, I love it... but its a love/hate. Nobody has ever gotten in it, driven it and been like "eh, decent". You're either going to be killed by its lack of torque like a standard engine, or you're going to love having to thrash it around at 9k RPM. . Its a 4-door car, so insurance is great (no more expensive then a 4 door Nissan Maxima). Styling is take it or leave it, most guys I've met think its a bit feminine.

Last edited:
2nty0rt.jpg

11hcbas.jpg

made 358 whp and 420 wtq on a t3/4... now it has a built shortblock, polished head, and a t67... no new dyno numbers, i'm keeping the boost low because i keep shearing the teeth off 3rd gear, but it makes a lot less tq and is a lot more manageable now.

2nty0rt.jpg

11hcbas.jpg

made 358 whp and 420 wtq on a t3/4... now it has a built shortblock, polished head, and a t67... no new dyno numbers, i'm keeping the boost low because i keep shearing the teeth off 3rd gear, but it makes a lot less tq and is a lot more manageable now.

what's your fastest 1/4 mile time?

well it trapped 118... i've posted a timeslip before... but traction, as you may have guessed, is an issue. low 13's at 116-118 usually. 2.2 60'

i don't drag race though, and i realize what a poor platform it is blah blah blah... but find my many other engines that will take that much power on a stock shortblock and CLUTCH for 60k miles.... i enjoy the car a lot and that's what matters to me

i don't drag race though, and i realize what a poor platform it is blah blah blah... but find my many other engines that will take that much power on a stock shortblock and CLUTCH for 60k miles.... i enjoy the car a lot and that's what matters to me

What exactly is it? I mean, I know it's a VW Jetta, but?

I love what you did to the front end, it looks super clean.

And it's a damn shame it's FWD. With that kind of power, so much more could be done on an AWD or RWD setup. Have you done any susp work to make it handle better? I can't say the Jetta platform is terrible, and that there are certainly better platforms to build on, but if everyone had the same shit, we might as well all be in NASCAR doing left hand turns!

For what it's worth, here's the story behind my car:
Restoration : Long Story Told - evolutionm.net
It's Begun - miEVO.net - Michigan Lancer and Evo Club

Alot of the pictures are broken, but I think you could follow the links to my photobucket if you feel the need to cyber-stalk.

Back