vawlk
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
21 - 01-12-2010, 16:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixiterra View Post
did you quit smoking in the mean time?
I did while I used my ecig, but I went back to smoking. I never smoked a lot in the first place. I only smoke 1/4 pack a day or less but I smoked the ecig a lot more.

Sponsored Links
Kuni
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 01-12-2010, 16:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharnal View Post
I need to buy some replacement parts. Where do ya'll suggest?
Check out E-Cig Forum. Most of the online vendors have forums there, and the community is really knowledgeable (if not a little fanatical). My favorite vendors are Puresmoker, Juicy Liquid, and Vapor Country. You can't go wrong with them.

Spxnge
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 01-12-2010, 16:26
Ah Vapor Country

vawlk
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 01-12-2010, 16:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuni View Post
Check out E-Cig Forum. Most of the online vendors have forums there, and the community is really knowledgeable (if not a little fanatical). My favorite vendors are Puresmoker, Juicy Liquid, and Vapor Country. You can't go wrong with them.
I tried to go there

Everyone calls smoking an e-cig "Vaping" and that sounded so entirely gay, I stopped visiting.

Infinite
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 01-12-2010, 16:36
i tried to get addicted to smoking cigs

never worked

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 01-12-2010, 16:39
should I buy this

DSE-108 Starter Kit (Orange LED)

Kuni
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 01-12-2010, 16:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by vawlk View Post
I tried to go there

Everyone calls smoking an e-cig "Vaping" and that sounded so entirely gay, I stopped visiting.
Yeah, that irritates the hell out of me as well, that and the fact that they all call the atomizers "atty's". Reminds me of the idiots that say 'puter. Despite some of the idiotic language going on there, those folks are on top of their game when it comes to electronic cigarettes. Not a model, or a design flaw, or a new store/flavor gets by them.

evolvo
VeteranXV
Old
28 - 01-12-2010, 16:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vawlk View Post
I tried to go there

but uh.. dude...

electronic ciggarettes do vaporize the tobacco instead of burning it. hence the "vaping" term

Kuni
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 01-12-2010, 16:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCase View Post
should I buy this

DSE-108 Starter Kit (Orange LED)

I've never used a 108, but I don't recall hearing anything bad about that particular model. Just make sure you pick up an extra atomizer or three when you order. When I first started smoking one, I burned them (the atomizers) out left and right.

Also know that sometimes the things will just come to you ready to die, there is no real quality control to speak of when it comes to electronic cigarettes, especially the models coming from overseas, which the 108 is, I believe. I've had atomizers last 1 hit, and others last 3-4 months. Make sure you always keep 1 or two extra on hand, in case you burn one out and need to order a replacement.

Your kit will come with 5 pre-filled carts. Those don't last long at all, make sure you pick up a small thing of juice to refill your cart when it runs dry. It usually only takes a drip or three to get it moist again.

Kuni
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 01-12-2010, 16:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvo View Post
but uh.. dude...

electronic ciggarettes do vaporize the tobacco instead of burning it. hence the "vaping" term
They do, but you have to admit that it does sound a bit douchy to say that.

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 01-12-2010, 16:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuni View Post
I've never used a 108, but I don't recall hearing anything bad about that particular model. Just make sure you pick up an extra atomizer or three when you order. When I first started smoking one, I burned them (the atomizers) out left and right.

Also know that sometimes the things will just come to you ready to die, there is no real quality control to speak of when it comes to electronic cigarettes, especially the models coming from overseas, which the 108 is, I believe. I've had atomizers last 1 hit, and others last 3-4 months. Make sure you always keep 1 or two extra on hand, in case you burn one out and need to order a replacement.

Your kit will come with 5 pre-filled carts. Those don't last long at all, make sure you pick up a small thing of juice to refill your cart when it runs dry. It usually only takes a drip or three to get it moist again.
I just randomly picked that one from that site. Can you recommend a better started kit? You seem like you know what you're talking about.

old_skul
UVALAN++
Contributor
Old
32 - 01-12-2010, 16:56
Here's an idea: Stop smoking cigarettes entirely, and don't smoke or suck on anything else.

When I quit, I had that last cigarette, chewed nic gum for a couple of weeks, and was done. I haven't had a cigarette in 12 years.

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
33 - 01-12-2010, 16:57

Kuni
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 01-12-2010, 17:01
Any starter kit should be fine. 801, 901, 510. They are all essentially the same thing. You'll likely move through several different models until you find the one you like, most people seem to do so. I wouldn't spend a ton of money to start out, until you know that you're going to stick with it. Go as cheap as you can right off the bat, $40 is about average for a starter kit. You can find % off deals at e-cg forums, most vendors usually sticky the thread with those deals.

If you decide you like it, I would suggest spending a bit more and getting one of the models that take a large battery, like the Protege or the Prodigy from Puresmoker, or one of the other vendors that sells similar models.

Before deciding, look up those particular models on youtube, there are tons of reviews for each one, as well as reviews for most vendors and their e-juice.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
35 - 01-12-2010, 17:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_skul View Post
Here's an idea: Stop smoking cigarettes entirely, and don't smoke or suck on anything else.

When I quit, I had that last cigarette, chewed nic gum for a couple of weeks, and was done. I haven't had a cigarette in 12 years.
(slow clap)

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 01-12-2010, 17:04
you're still addicted to nicotine ;<

dweeb
VeteranXV
Old
37 - 01-12-2010, 17:07
I had a seizure from being sick and hit my head giving me a **** ton of problems... I lost my taste and my smell.

Before all this, I probably smoked ~1/2 pack a day, maybe a little less.

When I started to feel better, I had my first cig (a week ago). I can't taste it, I can't smell it, and it doesn't give me any sort of buzz that I used to smoke for. I smoked that pack and then just said **** it.

Chalking it up to another lost cause... Though this one is a positive.

Kuni
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 01-12-2010, 17:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_skul View Post

That's always a better suggestion. I quit for 6 years. My boss picked one of these things up and I, being the gadget nerd I am, had to get one. To be honest, I would likely have started smoking real cigarettes again had this thing not come along, the craving never went away, even after 6 years, and I was very close to picking them up again. I'm thankful these things came down in price and became more widespread when they did.

Tryp
VeteranX
Old
39 - 01-12-2010, 17:09
The real question is whether you can use these to vape other things, like powdered hash, or honey oil.

Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
40 - 01-12-2010, 17:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCase View Post
I just randomly picked that one from that site. Can you recommend a better started kit? You seem like you know what you're talking about.
TheVaporPro Electronic Cigarettes: JOYE 510, JOYETECH 510, JOY 510, Personal Vaporizer, PRO 1, E-Liquid, Smoke Juice, e cigarette TheVaporPro JOYE 510 PRO 1

the joye 510 starter kit. Seems like this is the best one for your buck, at least to begin with. Also a 10% off code vapezone10, only $50.90 total w/shipping. I didn't buy any of the "juice" because it seems expensive from that site. I wanna try it out first and see how it goes.

Page 2 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [E-Cigs] ****ing awesome

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
▀█▀ █ ▀█▀ ▄█▀ , free ▀█▀ █ ▀█▀ ▄█▀