[Benzene] TW Health Warning

Brasstax

Contributor
Veteran XX
Cuz I love you guys -
I suggest getting rid of anything you might use often that contains aerosol.

Deodorant, dick sprays, butt juice, maybe even cooking shit or whatever.

I have seen multiple recalls recently for products that contain high amounts of benzene.

I don't use aerosol products and maybe you don't either.
Just watching out for my friendly neighborhood board.

Here are some info links:

Two reports for sunscreens and deodorants from the folks that discovered it.

This report has a full list of sprays with lots... 59 brands/types
https://www.valisure.com/wp-content/uploads/Valisure-FDA-Citizen-Petition-on-Body-Spray-v4.0-3.pdf

Here is Valisure's report on Sunscreens - it includes lotions. 78 brands/types
https://www.valisure.com/wp-content/uploads/Valisure-Citizen-Petition-on-Benzene-in-Sunscreen-and-After-sun-Care-Products-v9.7.pdf

Some news stories...
Old Spice/Secret, Coppertone, Neutrogena, Aveeno, etc
Clear These Recalled Antiperspirants From Your Home

Some Old Spice aerosol products recalled due to detection of Benzene

Tinactin and Lotrimin

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article254705192.html

Last edited:
already dumped old spice, gillette, etc. years ago b/c of p&g's declaration of war against masculinity

aerosol huh? i saw a warning a month or so back, on my kroger receipt but wasn't able to find it recently

aerosol huh? i saw a warning a month or so back, on my kroger receipt but wasn't able to find it recently

I have no evidence of this but my spidey senses tell me that a ton of shit uses the same supplier for the aerosol. Let's call it Plant X in Country Y. I imagine it doesn't matter if it's sneaker spray, pit spray or cooking oil. I have a feeling they are under scrutiny now that some big companies fessed up and research has begun into the customer base that has ordered product from Plant X.

Assuming Plant X had a certain rating allowing it to be suitable for human use and food and then they quit testing their shit.

Cuz I love you guys -
I suggest getting rid of anything you might use often that contains aerosol.

Deodorant, dick sprays, butt juice, maybe even cooking shit or whatever.

I have seen multiple recalls recently for products that contain high amounts of benzene.

I don't use aerosol products and maybe you don't either.
Just watching out for my friendly neighborhood board.

Here are some info links:
Old Spice/Secret, Coppertone, Neutrogena, Aveeno, etc
Clear These Recalled Antiperspirants From Your Home

Some Old Spice aerosol products recalled due to detection of Benzene

Tinactin and Lotrimin

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article254705192.html

I have a hunch that a major supplier caused this across a bunch of products.

Benzene was identified as a carcinogen in the 1950's. Fastforward to 2021 and conservatives are blaring "PSA you guys! Benzene causes cancer!"

:rolleyes:

Benzene was identified as a carcinogen in the 1950's. Fastforward to 2021 and conservatives are blaring "PSA you guys! Benzene causes cancer!"

:rolleyes:

It has no business in human health and food products.
But hur dur hur dur

But think of the last 4 decades where industry used it for stratosferic profits!

I lost you on think, sry

You might have a bit. But, do you think someone purposefully used it? Even more troubling, do you think the companies knew? Especially US companies? If so, this is the cost cutting shit and situation that drives me apeshit. I just want to get a hold of the people involved and go Lil Kim from NK on all of them. Or, at least make sure they never supply to us again. At the very least, be identified and have to pay.

PS - up to 59 identified deodorants now. Also, 78 sunscreens. Some are lotions.
This means all this shit probably extends to tons of other creams etc.

This indicates that they are all made in the same place or they share the same ingredient.
Well? Why is the news not reporting? Is it China? Domestic? Mexico? Who is responsible?

A New Study Found the Carcinogen Benzene In 59 Popular Deodorant and Antiperspirant Sprays

It took a citizen petition to get rolling...

This report has a full list of sprays with lots...
https://www.valisure.com/wp-content/uploads/Valisure-FDA-Citizen-Petition-on-Body-Spray-v4.0-3.pdf

Here is Valisure's report on Sunscreens - it includes lotions. That's kinda scary..
https://www.valisure.com/wp-content/uploads/Valisure-Citizen-Petition-on-Benzene-in-Sunscreen-and-After-sun-Care-Products-v9.7.pdf

Last edited:
You might have a bit. But, do you think someone purposefully used it? Even more troubling, do you think the companies knew? Especially US companies? If so, this is the cost cutting shit and situation that drives me apeshit. I just want to get a hold of the people involved and go Lil Kim from NK on all of them. Or, at least make sure they never supply to us again. At the very least, be identified and have to pay.

PS - up to 59 identified deodorants now. Also, 78 sunscreens. Some are lotions.
This means all this shit probably extends to tons of other creams etc.

This indicates that they are all made in the same place or they share the same ingredient.
Well? Why is the news not reporting? Is it China? Domestic? Mexico? Who is responsible?

A New Study Found the Carcinogen Benzene In 59 Popular Deodorant and Antiperspirant Sprays

It took a citizen petition to get rolling...

This report has a full list of sprays with lots...

Here is Valisure's report on Sunscreens - it includes lotions. That's kinda scary..

Not uncommon in chemical plants to send a strong solvent through equipment, reactors, pipes and pumps to clean them out before starting a new batch of materials, and rather than use water which can steam off under reactions with other chemicals causing explosions they tend to use solvents. I bet someone ran a new product through a freshly cleaned system and because its not consumed like food they didn't test the product batches beyond regular spec like pH.

i work in those plants. i dont like it when im sent to chemicals or benzine processing. ah well, the pay is good.

I wonder what they think they are cleaning with benzene that is more dangerous than benzene? Shit like this drives me crazy.

Alright. Want to know what really riles me up? Skip on if you don't.

Ok - some of these products are for infants and young kids.
Now, I am going to give these companies the benefit of the doubt. I am going to give them the benefit of knowing what the fuck they are creating. They know what's going into the products. They have some sort of QC process. No? They don't? Well, they have no business mass creating and marketing products that will give people cancer. Especially little kids that don't know any better.

Someone knew. Those people need to be tracked down and held accountable.

Let's say it was used in a monthly cleaning processes. Let's say someone got lazy and instead of spending the 6 hours to properly remove the cleaning solution they just left it in there and fucked around for 6 hours. They, and the management need to be held accountable. The lazy fucker who didn't follow protocol, the managers of that person and the administration for running a slack plant when safety is an issue.

It gets worse from there. What if the conscious decision was made to bypass that step? The removal of carcinogenic cleaning fluid. What then? That's pretty much murder for anyone that developed cancer because of these products.

How about if the decision was made to use benzene as an ingredient because it was a byproduct? Ah - just leave it in there. No one will notice. It's a small amount. Who cares?

Those people need to hang. Wrecked. They should be registered as psychopaths and tracked. Because they have not a single care for others. They proved it. Not even innocent little kids.

Bad enough when it's grown ups but c'mon man. Infants?
Fuck these people.

And the media? Fuck them too. This should be a big story. Not dribbled out in little chunks just because someone decided to do a recall. A lot of this shit is still on people's shelves. The expiration dates aren't even passed yet.

Fuck people. Fuck the media. Just get the fuck off my lawn.

those plants are all about science, just trust the science u will b fine

If you don't trust science then stop going to doctors, stop buying new cell phones, and stop watching weather reports.

Then next time you break a bone, consult your astrologer, pray, maybe throw some chicken bones. Best of luck.

Back