NFL rule change needed to protect QBs

I love how everyone shits on the Pats now that Brady is gone. Let's see, they have:
Two of the best receivers in the game.
The best front seven in the game.
A pro-bowl O-Line (except for the Superbowl..hahahaha no)
Three decent running backs.

I mean, they still have weapons and can beat any team in the league. All this injury did was demote them from the best in the league, to above average. If anything, the Jets are still below average. Bet the house on the Pats.

Until Merriman went down I would've taken them over NE if Brady stayed healthy.*

*and if they fired Norv Turner

I don't know

Hitting the knee or below on a QB standing sideways is basically a sure injury. The league should protect from it. There is a point where you are playing a sport and a point where the brutality is too much. Blowing out knees is not a "normal" part of playing football and should be avoided.

Anytime I have seen this happen the QB has been injured, why not protect them? Part of it is a game but it is still human beings who have to suffer through surgery and a year long rehab.

I say make the rule, it will only stop a very small percentage of hits, and those hits have a high percentage chance of ruining someones year.

Or I guess if I fall on the ground I'll lung at someones planted knee in a position to blow it out. That tackle sure is worth it, especially when the guy already threw the ball.

It's just inconsistent officiating. Wilforks hit was cheap too. They ruled this was okay because he got blocked into it (so did wilfork) and it seems because he seemed remorseful (claiming he was saying sorry right when he did it, which he clearly did not).

wtf is wrong with that tackle?

look no padding!

There's nothing wrong with the tackle but that's a stupid video to post. They're all tackles that hit the body. What does that have to do with hitting someone's knees and causing them to bend in an angle that knees aren't supposed to bend at?

There's nothing wrong with the tackle but that's a stupid video to post. They're all tackles that hit the body. What does that have to do with hitting someone's knees and causing them to bend in an angle that knees aren't supposed to bend at?

I just find it funny that people are saying the QB still require more protection. Stupid of him not to see it coming / to stand sideways.

The more I watch the brady hit the more I think about how much main stream sports channels (aka espn) has brainwashed viewers. I don't get it, he clearly lunged with his helmet at brady's knee. How is that not being fined? It's just sad no one has the mind to judge for themselves.
The NFL rule book says: "A rushing defender is prohibited from forcibly hitting in the knee area or below a passer who has one or both feet on the ground." However, it also states, "It is not a foul if the defender is blocked (or fouled) into the passer and has no opportunity to avoid him."

So obviously he's being deemed being "blocked into the passer". He lunged at the knee intentionally or not.

Back