The Economist's poll of economists: Examining the candidates by TseTse - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page The Economist's poll of economists: Examining the candidates
Page 5 of 23
Thread Tools
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
81 - 10-05-2008, 12:25
Reply With Quote
 
TseTse is offline
 
Sponsored Links
DacTheHork
Veteran++
Old
82 - 10-05-2008, 12:30
Reply With Quote
Wasn't tsetse talking about how he liked mccain a few months/weeks ago

Incoming wall of text of how he changed his mind because of palin/GOP influences (even though that was the case months ago too)
 
DacTheHork is offline
 
Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
83 - 10-05-2008, 12:32
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
Dumpy's trying to make an argument that everybody left of the Austrian school and the ultra-right laissez faire libertarians are leftist and a socialist. That's really the substance of his point. It's silly.
I would personally avoid the terms "libertarian" and "socialist" in the context of substance. The substantive alternative to socialism is Capitalism. Libertarianism is, at its core, nothing more than a pseudo-philosophy and it lacks a great deal of substance.

Anyway...
Capitalist : socialist :: individualist : collectivist



If a robber breaks into your house and proceeds to take all of your belongings, and you convince him to only take a spoon from your kitchen and not the rest of your stuff, would he not be a robber? If someone breaks into your car only to steal a bag of chips while leaving your laptop, briefcase, stereo, and everything else in tact, would he no longer be a thief? Likewise, if a collectivist violates only a portion of the rights of the individual for the sake of the collective, he is still a collectivist.
 
Dumpy Dooby is offline
 
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
84 - 10-05-2008, 12:34
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DacTheHork View Post
Wasn't tsetse talking about how he liked mccain a few months/weeks ago

Incoming wall of text of how he changed his mind because of palin/GOP influences (even though that was the case months ago too)
Palin wasnt the case months ago.

Mccain used to be a straight talking moderate who was serious about reform, albeit had a temper and all that stuff. Ironically, it was also i who started a thread about The Economist's call for "the real mccain" to step forward. He engaged in a retarded campaign of smears and distortions, of neocon arguments and then pandered to the right wing religious nuts. **** him...

Troll away...
 
TseTse is offline
 
Last edited by TseTse; 10-05-2008 at 12:40..
DoctoR WanG
VeteranX
Old
85 - 10-05-2008, 12:34
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkkikuorma View Post
Apearently you havent noticed but I am going to be a father of a beautiful baby. My repugnant baby mama is pregnant. I will be a father, Cherish the Moment. Me, father, I sayeth No Obama, Coon King, Robbin Hood. How do I raise my baby momma's babby if Obama take my money? How do I raise babby with no money? How do I raise it? How do I raise with no money, taken away by Coonio and Gangster's Parasites (The Libs 666). Community leader this: YOu Are Nothing. STUCK UP *****!!!
 
DoctoR WanG is offline
 
Walking_Man
VeteranX
Old
86 - 10-05-2008, 12:34
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DacTheHork View Post
Wasn't tsetse talking about how he liked mccain a few months/weeks ago

Incoming wall of text of how he changed his mind because of palin/GOP influences (even though that was the case months ago too)
Yeah. And a few months before that he was convinced that McCain was dead in the Republican primary and that his campaign was trainwrecked into irreparable oblivion.
 
Walking_Man is offline
 
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
87 - 10-05-2008, 12:34
Reply With Quote
^ agreed, i thought Romney was going to be Mr Independent, but he too went wacko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpy Dooby View Post
I would personally avoid the terms "libertarian" and "socialist" in the context of substance. The substantive alternative to socialism is Capitalism. Libertarianism is, at its core, nothing more than a pseudo-philosophy and it lacks a great deal of substance.

Anyway...
Capitalist : socialist :: individualist : collectivist
Seriously... just shut the **** up and get your GED or whatever...
 
TseTse is offline
 
Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
88 - 10-05-2008, 12:34
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post


I already explained to you, dumbass, that this quote was in the context of UK politics where the term "liberal" means fiscal/government conservative and he was making an anti-monarchy argument.
Do Europeans believe liberal to be "left" and conservative to be "right"?
 
Dumpy Dooby is offline
 
munkkikuorma
Member
Old
89 - 10-05-2008, 12:35
Reply With Quote
you are like a giant bean bag. i just want dive deep into you and play video games. no homo.
 
munkkikuorma is offline
 
Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
90 - 10-05-2008, 12:35
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
Seriously... just shut the **** up and get your GED or whatever...
Dodge anything that deviates from your presuppositions. That's honesty at its finest.
 
Dumpy Dooby is offline
 
Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
91 - 10-05-2008, 12:44
Reply With Quote
Cliffs:



Dumpy Dooby: The Economist is neoclassical and left-leaning.


TseTse: Dumpy Dooby believes that anything that is neoclassical is left-leaning.

Dumpy Dooby: Chicago school of economics is neoclassical and most would not consider it left-leaning.


TseTse: Dumpy Dooby advocates Austrian economics.

Dumpy Dooby: I don't align myself with them because they don't hold the same core beliefs as me.


TseTse: Dumpy Dooby is against anyone that isn't a libertarian.

Dumpy Dooby: Libertarianism is nothing more than a pseudo-philosophy.


TseTse: LOL GO GET UR'E GED
 
Dumpy Dooby is offline
 
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
92 - 10-05-2008, 12:45
Reply With Quote
^ nice try, dumpy, but you're on the record saying retarded **** and you cant pretend something else was said.

For 2 pages you've insisted that The Economist is "famously left-leaning" even tho you've never read it, and even though you've been shown to be completely talking out of your ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpy Dooby View Post
Do Europeans believe liberal to be "left" and conservative to be "right"?
America's "center" is far-right by world standards.

Our democrats in congress are almost entirely pro-market types which puts THEM far-right by world standards.

(and no, not to the ultra-libertarian laissez faire end of the spectrum)

Europe still has a lot of socialists (NOT COMMUNISTS), so they better reflect the world's true polarities. This is why magazines like The Economist (pro market, pro limited government, etc) is deemed ultra-right wing in Europe.

Furthermore, the term "liberal" outside the USA still generally maintains its classical philosophical roots and means CONSERVATIVE by our standards.

Liberal = classical liberalism = free trade, limited government, individualism, etc.

Only in america... mostly in the last 25 years... has this term even be construed as "lefty" because of the rise of the SOCIAL CONSERVATIVES who truly dont like our tolerant society and all its freedoms. These are the big government christian taliban who are taking over the GOP.
 
TseTse is offline
 
Last edited by TseTse; 10-05-2008 at 12:47..
Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
93 - 10-05-2008, 12:45
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
America's "center" is far-right by world standards.

Our democrats in congress are almost entirely pro-market types which puts THEM far-right by world standards.

Europe still has a lot of socialists (NOT COMMUNISTS), so they better reflect the world's true polarities. This is why magazines like The Economist (pro market, pro limited government, etc) is deemed ultra-right wing in Europe.

Furthermore, the term "liberal" outside the USA still generally maintains its classical philosophical roots and means CONSERVATIVE by our standards.

Liberal = classical liberalism = free trade, limited government, individualism, etc.

Only in america... mostly in the last 25 years... has this term even be construed as "lefty" because of the rise of the SOCIAL CONSERVATIVES who truly dont like our tolerant society and all its freedoms. These are the big government christian taliban who are taking over the GOP.
You didn't answer my question.
 
Dumpy Dooby is offline
 
Walking_Man
VeteranX
Old
94 - 10-05-2008, 12:48
Reply With Quote
Tsetse is getting to be as bad as fngrbang with all of this giant font bolded nonsense.
 
Walking_Man is offline
 
Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
95 - 10-05-2008, 12:50
Reply With Quote
ofn, the Scott Adams poll was a much better and larger sample (drew from the AEA rather than NBER, had a larger sample size, and had a much more diverse set of questions)
 
Kizzak is offline
 
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
96 - 10-05-2008, 12:56
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzak View Post
ofn, the Scott Adams poll was a much better and larger sample (drew from the AEA rather than NBER, had a larger sample size, and had a much more diverse set of questions)
But wouldnt you say the AEA is more academic whereas NBER is more "applied" types?
 
TseTse is offline
 
Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
97 - 10-05-2008, 12:56
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpy Dooby View Post
You didn't answer my question.
He will never answer your question.

This is what he will do (which is evident in this thread):

Guys, The Economist, which I, a far left liberal Jew, get all of my information from is TOTALLY not leftist!

Then he'll do some of this (which is also evident in this thread):

Watch me as I ignore all of your questions and responses that disprove my argument and post more colored and large font, then follow it up with pictures!

e.g. (Except he would never post anything bad about Obama):

 
Validuz is offline
 
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
98 - 10-05-2008, 12:57
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpy Dooby View Post
You didn't answer my question.
You're reading comprehension needs improvement.
 
TseTse is offline
 
Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
99 - 10-05-2008, 13:08
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
He will never answer your question.

This is what he will do (which is evident in this thread):

Guys, The Economist, which I, a far left liberal Jew, get all of my information from is TOTALLY not leftist!

Then he'll do some of this (which is also evident in this thread):

Watch me as I ignore all of your questions and responses that disprove my argument and post more colored and large font, then follow it up with pictures!

e.g. (Except he would never post anything bad about Obama):

Holy **** I actually thought this was TseTse at first.
 
Dumpy Dooby is offline
 
Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
100 - 10-05-2008, 13:09
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
You're reading comprehension needs improvement.
You.

Did.

Not.

Answer.

The.

Question.
 
Dumpy Dooby is offline
 
Page 5 of 23
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page The Economist's poll of economists: Examining the candidates

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ignorant liberal , kill all liberals , more liberal propaganda , musashi owns tsetse , radon006 loves cock , retards making tags , triple owns tsetse , tsetse is a huge faggot , tsetse is a retard magnet , tsetse the windbag , wall of text


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:33.