The Economist's poll of economists: Examining the candidates by TseTse - Page 15 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page The Economist's poll of economists: Examining the candidates
Page 15 of 23
Thread Tools
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
281 - 10-05-2008, 18:52
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Bane View Post
Your interest in the poll's respondents' opinions does not make the poll significant.
Nobody has claimed statistical "significance."

A survey showing 71% of INDEPENDENT respondents say obama knows economics better, and that more of them support obama's economic plans and think he'd get better people in his admin... is certainly something perhaps only a few rabid partisans would ignore.

Folks can swing at strawmen but that's the naked truth.

It's a small survey. Take it or... *cough* bury your head in the sand, if you like.
 
TseTse is offline
 
Last edited by TseTse; 10-05-2008 at 18:54..
Sponsored Links
Musashi
SGT Shred++
Contributor
Old
282 - 10-05-2008, 18:52
Reply With Quote
TseTse, what kiind of degrees do you have?
 
Musashi is offline
 
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
283 - 10-05-2008, 18:57
Reply With Quote
@ musashi since he wants to troll rather than address the topic...

Do you think The Economist leans left or not?

How did the article "lean left" or show itself to be "purely partisan"?

How did they "blow it" when all they did is survey economists and report the results accurately?



71% of INDEPENDENT economists said they think Obama has more of a clue than Mccain. Are they "partisan"?
 
TseTse is offline
 
rwallace
VeteranX
Old
284 - 10-05-2008, 18:57
Reply With Quote
kizzak please come back soon and save this thread
 
rwallace is offline
 
CarpeIppon
Veteran++
Old
285 - 10-05-2008, 18:58
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
Dear Triple.

The Economist simply sent out a survey to a bunch of "applied" economists. They weren't concerned with the response rates of different affiliations because they weren't trying to do a SCIENTIFIC study or to make broad averages. Right?
If its not scientific, then why do you keep trying to use it as evidence? If you wanted to prove a point, you'd find expert opinions in the field explaining why McCain's plan is bad, or why Obama's is better. Instead you take a useless poll that has as much validity as internet polls, and you try to hold that up as a valid reason to vote or not to vote. For ****'s sake, you aren't any smarter than triple, you are just on a different side of the line this time.

P.S. The economist is better than this crap. I'm surprised they've sunk low enough to do this junk.
 
CarpeIppon is offline
 
triple
VeteranXV
Old
286 - 10-05-2008, 18:59
Reply With Quote
He doesn't seem to grasp the point we keep trying to pound into his little head.

If its not statistically relevant, why do you keep quoting statistics from it?

You're a walking contradiction, tsetse.
 
triple is offline
 
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
287 - 10-05-2008, 19:01
Reply With Quote
Art majors lecturing about social science methodology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeIppon View Post
If its not scientific, then why do you keep trying to use it as evidence?
Listen.

A simple survey like this is valid data. It's just nothing you should generalize from.

IT IS EVIDENCE that the respondents had the reported opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. The Economist has not tried to pretend it's a fancy poll of all economists and i haven't presented the results as such.

Nonetheless... 71% of the independents said they think Obama has more of a clue, and most of them supported obama's economic plans and felt he'd hire better people overall. Take it or leave it, but babbling about "statistical significance" is really to be confused.
 
TseTse is offline
 
Last edited by TseTse; 10-05-2008 at 19:03..
FngrBANG
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
288 - 10-05-2008, 19:02
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
A simple survey like this is valid data.
Besides yourself, valid to whom?
 
FngrBANG is offline
 
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
289 - 10-05-2008, 19:04
Reply With Quote


My title really should be: retard magnet.
 
TseTse is offline
 
Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
290 - 10-05-2008, 19:05
Reply With Quote
The CATO bloggers *****-slapped The Economist a couple times. These were funny.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2007/...asoline-taxes/

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2007/...r-the-statist/
 
Dumpy Dooby is offline
 
triple
VeteranXV
Old
291 - 10-05-2008, 19:06
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
Art majors lecturing about social science methodology.
I run my own small business, I obviously know nothing of economics!
 
triple is offline
 
Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
292 - 10-05-2008, 19:06
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
Art majors lecturing about social science methodology.
TseTse, what's your major? What degrees do you have?
 
Dumpy Dooby is offline
 
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
293 - 10-05-2008, 19:07
Reply With Quote
@ dumpy still desperately trying to support his silly "the economist is leftist" argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple View Post
I run my own small business, I obviously know nothing of economics!
Yes, you do photography which obviously makes you a pro economist and social scientist.
 
TseTse is offline
 
triple
VeteranXV
Old
294 - 10-05-2008, 19:07
Reply With Quote
Quote:
The Economist has not tried to pretend it's a fancy poll of all economists and i haven't presented the results as such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Title and Article Title
The Economist's poll of economists
 
triple is offline
 
triple
VeteranXV
Old
295 - 10-05-2008, 19:08
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
Yes, you do photography which obviously makes you a pro economist.
You're right, it's all photography. That's all a photography business does. You just flick a switch and you're bringing in thousands of dollars a week.
 
triple is offline
 
Musashi
SGT Shred++
Contributor
Old
296 - 10-05-2008, 19:09
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
@ musashi since he wants to troll rather than address the topic...

Do you think The Economist leans left or not?

How did the article "lean left" or show itself to be "purely partisan"?

How did they "blow it" when all they did is survey economists and report the results accurately?



71% of INDEPENDENT economists said they think Obama has more of a clue than Mccain. Are they "partisan"?
If I help you, Clarice, it will be "turns" with us too.
Quid pro quo. I tell you things, you tell me things.
Not about this case, though. About yourself.
Quid pro quo. Yes or no?
Yes or no, Clarice? Poor little Catherine is waiting.

 
Musashi is offline
 
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
297 - 10-05-2008, 19:10
Reply With Quote
IS that really your argument, Triple?

They explicitly say it's not ****ing scientific, most readers are not idiots like yourself, and they put out all the survey data for folks to read for themselves. Keep trying. The title is what it is. Accurate.








(yes, triple just pretended that being a photographer makes him an expert on social science methods and economics)
 
TseTse is offline
 
FngrBANG
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
298 - 10-05-2008, 19:10
Reply With Quote
Fava beans! Fffffft, ffffft, ffffft!
 
FngrBANG is offline
 
triple
VeteranXV
Old
299 - 10-05-2008, 19:13
Reply With Quote
Quote:
(yes, triple just pretended that being a photographer makes him an expert on social science methods and economics)
That's like saying all Bill Gates knows how to do is program computers, so he doesn't know jack about running a business.

Every business does the thing they do well. No, taking photos does not make a successful business. Being profitable taking photos makes mine a successful small business.

Did you know most photographers fail within the first 6 months?
 
triple is offline
 
Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
300 - 10-05-2008, 19:15
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
@ dumpy still desperately trying to support his silly "the economist is leftist" argument...



Yes, you do photography which obviously makes you a pro economist and social scientist.
@ TseTse still neglecting to admit that he's never even attended a higher level educational facility.

So did you graduate high school? You seem like you might have.
 
Dumpy Dooby is offline
 
Page 15 of 23
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page The Economist's poll of economists: Examining the candidates

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ignorant liberal , kill all liberals , more liberal propaganda , musashi owns tsetse , radon006 loves cock , retards making tags , triple owns tsetse , tsetse is a huge faggot , tsetse is a retard magnet , tsetse the windbag , wall of text


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:17.