Go go 90's alternarock!

how were these videos not added?

alanis fucking owns all chick singers from then till now.

hand in yo pocket

or eve fucking 6

one hit wonder.
o motherfucking c

/end thread

Live - Lightning Crashes

The entire Throwing Copper album! I saw them live around that time at the Universal Ampitheater --- what a great band live. Also remember seeing this video on MTV. Definately best band that ever came from the wilds of North Pennsylvania.

So this is one of the most influential English band of the 90's. Really. Made one album, released 1990. It's good but the Singer guy hated it, and refused to make another.

Another 90 album-- this is one of those great guitar riffs that make a song.

Afghan Whigs

Catherine Wheel

Late 90's this band made 2 great albums and broke up. Should have been big, but that's the music business.

Like 1996, had Mother Mother song, off this album. Has any other hard rock chick ever tried to rock out on the Violin, lol.

Most famous band from New Zealand, right. While their biggest album was in the 80's, this song is from their 2nd best, which was early 90's. Crazy influential (see Pearl Jam covering Split Enz) They're touring again too, I highly recommend em.

RATM - Includes the infamous last verse you never hear on the radio too ;D

Umm, well yeah his 80's band was kinda influential, but the solo stuff in the 90's is real good.

Then there was the techno/fusion thing happening with Chemicals, Crystal Method etc. And these guys.

You pretty much have to admit that this chick was a huge 90's juggernaut starting with this album which I have to admit is pretty awesome. This version is live, with Paula Cole who I first saw opening for Sarah, and she gives the best verse in the song-- which is totally cool.

I have to admit that I thought these guys were gonna be a one hit wonder, and then I got the album and I played the living shit out of it. This is probably my favorite song in a recent live version, although the band's never been the same since Jenkins forced Kevin Cadogan out of the band. He's a sick guitar player.

Last but not least, probably my favorite band. 3 albums, approaching perfection. I could listen to all 3 back to back no problem.
Pretty much every band with a girl singer since has been influenced by them, although her voice is incredible.

Album 1

Album 2

Album 3 - Saw them on this tour in San Francisco. Just sick how good they are live.

Funny that everyone knows them from their one cover of the stones, that keeps getting used in commercials and movies. They tacked it onto Album 2, which is kinda the seminal 90's album for me.

no sorry, the screaming trees hold that honor

I think they actually had a hit, didn't they?

Course you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's sadly mistaken. I think when people look at the Screaming Trees they see another Grunge band like the 100 others that came out around then. :wave:

The Posies on the other hand, was well known in Seattle before Nirvana, wasn't really grunge, and has a legacy of music that is influential and respected. Their album Amazing Disgrace is one of the best mid 90's albums.

This is the reason people like Thom Yorke have sought them out. This is why Ken Stringfellow tours with REM. This is why their idol Alex Chilton brought them into his Big Star reunion band.

It's gonna be awesome when these songs become part of late night Time-Life infomercial compilations, with a older couple dressed in flannels talking about all the great memories they had listening to it

Back