Failocrats: Biden Hates You, yes YOU

the best part of either of those two fox segments is when people refuse to answer his dumbass questions and ignore him and he starts screaming a question about them not believing in freedom of speech

pro tip: Head Start isn't just education, in fact education only accounts for 40% of the budget in Head Start. Maybe you should learn about programs that you want to criticize rather than poorly trying to argue shit and resorting to rhetoric.

Head Start also doesnt require properly trained educators. It's a joke.

USA's early childhood education is a mockery of the industrialized world.

None of that is terribly bad unless you do illegal things. Do you do illegal things?

The only really dumb things he voted for seem to be the encryption one and the "tricking" a computer one. The rest are fine if you aren't doing anything wrong.

Shut your fucking hole meber.

The asshole doesn't support net neutrality...

That is bad no matter who you are on the internet.

hey wasn't dacthehork the guy that said he'd never come back because of p=np?

whatever happened with that

Head Start also doesnt require properly trained educators. It's a joke.

USA's early childhood education is a mockery of the industrialized world.

How much training does a glorified babysitter really need? What exactly would they say an educator needs to be able to work in the head start program.

I really think most of the benefit of pre-school is that it provides kids with social skills so they are ready to learn when they go to elementary school. One of my cousins is retaking kindergarten and I can say without a doubt it is because his parents couldn't afford to put him in pre-school. He spent the whole last year just learning to interact with classmates. The only other kids he ever saw before were neighbors, and it wasn't in a learning environment. Other kids are just a distraction from learning.

Kids just don't learn very tangible things early on. I highly doubt there is a good way to test the concepts they learn in pre-k

How much training does a glorified babysitter really need? What exactly would they say an educator needs to be able to work in the head start program.

I really think most of the benefit of pre-school is that it provides kids with social skills so they are ready to learn when they go to elementary school. One of my cousins is retaking kindergarten and I can say without a doubt it is because his parents couldn't afford to put him in pre-school. He spent the whole last year just learning to interact with classmates. The only other kids he ever saw before were neighbors, and it wasn't in a learning environment. Other kids are just a distraction from learning.

Kids just don't learn very tangible things early on. I highly doubt there is a good way to test the concepts they learn in pre-k

I've never heard of a kid failing kindergarten until now.

Then explain how my cousin was taught simple math and how to read very simple words before entering kindergarten and now he is breezing through school like its nothing. They are bumping him up a year or two in every class he takes because he had a *GASP* head start.

Then explain how my cousin was taught simple math and how to read very simple words before entering kindergarten and now he is breezing through school like its nothing.

I was going to guess "because his parents gave a rat's ass and read books to him" like what happened with me, but apparently it's actually Head Start?

Then explain how my cousin was taught simple math and how to read very simple words before entering kindergarten and now he is breezing through school like its nothing. They are bumping him up a year or two in every class he takes because he had a *GASP* head start.

Your cousin is a smart kid. Was he in pre-school?

Last edited:

Glorified babysitter?

This is precisely the twisted perspective that makes our education system a joke.

Just like we demand PROFESSIONALS with masters-level degrees for k-12, we oughta demand PROFESSIONALS with masters-level degrees for early education. Educational instruction is generally more of an "art" than a science, but this is the opposite for early childhood education development. There's a real science to it which shows results.

Being read books. Playing. Hearing a lot of words. Social skills. Basic development skills. Structure. Arts. Nutrition. Discipline. Self-control. Problem solving. Etc.

Indeed, you're right that pre-k cant be expected to teach much math and reading, but those children with lives that include a lot of support on the above matters have demonstrable advantages both short and long-term.

Other industrialized societies put a great emphasis on this age... and we shrug it off.

Last edited:
Glorified babysitter?

Other industrialized societies put a great emphasis on this age... and we shrug it off.

This is the best age to 'informally' indoctriate someone into thinking a certain way.

It's not that we should shrug it off, its that we need to take it very seriously, and really evaluate who is teaching what.

:worried:

Back