[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

So what kind of policies has Biden expressed that are of concern to you?

None that Im aware of. But Im Canadian. I don't care if they let a bunch of Mexicans and Hondurans into their country. I also very very much doubt that Mr 80 year old white Christian Biden is even remotely socially progressive.

Okay, so there's not actually a threat at the moment, just a perceived one from the perspective of a general societal attitude towards "left" progression?

Trump had no clout. That's why he didn't really get anything done.

The left is of higher consequence because they control the media, education, and tech.

Didn't he have both the House and Senate when he began?

Won't really speak to the media, that's just going to start a mess.. but education and tech has always been, and is always going to be dominated by the left. If you take a second to think about those sectors, it makes perfect sense and would be odd if it were otherwise.

Won't really speak to the media, that's just going to start a mess.. but education and tech has always been, and is always going to be dominated by the left. If you take a second to think about those sectors, it makes perfect sense and would be odd if it were otherwise.
The GOP battled him early on. The president doesn't lead the house or the senate, nor is he a legislator. Everybody hated the dude, let's get real. Maybe you weren't paying attention to the GOP in 2015 and 2016.

Okay, so there's not actually a threat at the moment, just a perceived one from the perspective of a general societal attitude towards "left" progression?
MC and I weren't talking about Biden or an existing legislative threat. We were talking about far left vs far right ideology. I challenged his assertion that the far right poses a bigger societal threat.

The only reason those sections would be 'dominated' by the left is that those jobs require (usually) college education and colleges tend to be leftist pits. Leftist tend to be people that haven't actually been out in the world to see how hard and shitty it can be, yet want to create policy about how to deal with the world as they would like it or perceive it to be, not how it really is.

So I'm still trying to understand, what do you consider (from a policy perspective) a progressive threat to capitalism or ultra progressive, and why are they a threat more specifically (either as a Canadian, or from your opinion of the US).

THEY HAVE A GREAT FUCKING TIME.

THE END

Damn straight. Still chatting with FB friends from a night spent in a Vancouver bar after going to watch the Canucks beat the Flames a few years back. Just got chatting with random strangers in the queue on the way in and wound up getting thoroughly drunk with them, had a great night.

I challenged his assertion that the far right poses a bigger societal threat.

I agree with the Hamster, and the reason why I agree is that the far right in general, demonstrated by many countries through history and most recently in the last four years of the US, have demonstrated a propensity towards regressive, restrictive, and societally destructive policies including taking away the rights of people (abortion choice for example) and relaxing restrictions on corporations to prey on the public with impunity.

The right do not engage in progressive policies that improve the general wellbeing of the people as a whole.

That is why the far right represents a greater societal threat.

The only reason those sections would be 'dominated' by the left is that those jobs require (usually) college education and colleges tend to be leftist pits. Leftist tend to be people that haven't actually been out in the world to see how hard and shitty it can be, yet want to create policy about how to deal with the world as they would like it or perceive it to be, not how it really is.

Education is more of a selfless profession. It is passing along the assets (knowledge) you have built through your lifetime to a new generation. It is sacrificing your own advantages over other individuals with the aim of improving society as a whole. That's pretty much the definition of leftism.

As far as tech goes... one of the defining traits of technology is that it's new. The people who do the best at that are the people who are most open to new things. That kinda rules out 'conservative' by definition.

It is so painfully obvious that fat cunt just watches news to develop all of his opinions. His entire belief system is about belonging to a tribe as you can tell he doesn’t know anything about economics in general and even less about American politics.

The GOP battled him early on. The president doesn't lead the house or the senate, nor is he a legislator. Everybody hated the dude, let's get real. Maybe you weren't paying attention to the GOP in 2015 and 2016.

So what you're saying is the Great Businessman, author of "The Art of the Deal"... could not make a deal? with his own party??

Education is more of a selfless profession. It is passing along the assets (knowledge) you have built through your lifetime to a new generation. It is sacrificing your own advantages over other individuals with the aim of improving society as a whole. That's pretty much the definition of leftism.

As far as tech goes... one of the defining traits of technology is that it's new. The people who do the best at that are the people who are most open to new things. That kinda rules out 'conservative' by definition.

such complete and utter bullshit

but please, go on

So what you're saying is the Great Businessman, author of "The Art of the Deal"... could not make a deal? with his own party??

If you think Trump is part of the GOP and didn’t just hijack their party I’m not sure what rock you have been living under. Bush endorsed Biden for fuck sake.

The GOP battled him for the White House, but fell in line immediately after the election. They knew they needed Trump, his endorsements, and supporters to win their 2018 seats. Sycophants like Ted Cruz went from outraged about having his wife insulted by Trump to licking his boots in a matter of months because he needed him to back his 2018 campaign.

Didn't work out very well for them in the end. Hindsight and all that...

Back