Failure, challenge, and the decline of WoW

Fuck T:A. Playing BF3 right now.

Sorry, WoW got old. Not sure how Nick PvE'ed so much, including buying fully PvP geared Fury warriors to PvE with (so good at gaming).

P.S. Funny how you like talking to me about the Jets everytime you're online. How's the Bears and Eagles doing? :lol:

While new things to kill are cool, if it's done the same old way(4.3 is a mirror WOTLK:ICC imo), the player base gets burned out quickly. I quit raiding Firelands the first week because it was boring and not challenging. Yeah I could have done Hard Modes, but the guilds I've been in are just as boring. I haven't even started playing 4.3 yet because I don't want to be done with it in a month.

That's problem with WoW. It's too easy to burn through content. And I'm not talking about gating quests/raids. That's another crappy subject.

Plus to be honest, I'm sick of the same shit over and over again. Ooo no more dragons, yay. More textures reused from MC and UBRS, awesome. Hey these harpies look 100% fucking identical to the lvl 8 ones I fought 5 years ago in Barrens. Wow an entire zone filled with Naga that look identical to every single naga ever. Sweet there are 15 helmets from Gray to Purple with the same identical style minus a few colour changes.

I use Kara as a good example because it was totally different looking, had interesting lore, a real feeling of progression and interesting encounters. When you finally got to the roof the first time, you had a real feeling of scaling accomplishment. Each room and area was different, it made sense, it was just a well-done instance.

Human and UD Strat were good instances. SM is still my favourite even though it's been butchered to death. VC was probably the coolest instance in the game and it's almost worthless to even bother running it heroic or reg.

I need more time in SWTOR but as mentioned above, I was totally fine being by myself and questing. I enjoyed my storyline, I made fun dark side choices, and I chatted a bit in general but otherwise was 100% cool with just doing my thing. (instancing for 2 group quests was brutal.. LFM THM KORR 2 ONLY PLZ ugh fix this)

so have you finally made the connection between wow's decline and activision's takeover?

here's an thought:

they short staffed wow to save $ and focus on their next mmo. thing is, they could hire like 1000 full time developers and it would seem like pocket change compared to the revenue wow brings in... it just shows how jewish the activision ceo really is.

Last edited:
because its true? basically the only people who like him are his jewvestors

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/273293/bobby-kotick-one-of-the-worlds-most-powerful-men/

"This brash 47-year-old CEO has openly admitted he has no interest in producing games that don't have the potential to be exploited year after year on every platform imaginable -- even if it comes at the expense of smaller and more creatively appealing titles.

"He has also infuriated legions of gamers by suggesting a strong desire to raise prices and charge for cutscenes. It's radical ideas like these that have led more than one talking head to call him 'the Hitler of the Gaming Industry.'"

Following its somewhat insensitive comment about Kotick, who is Jewish, the site concludes: "Kotick's critics can complain until they're blue in the face because as long as he retains control of franchises like Guitar Hero, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk, he'll continue to be one of the richest and most influential men on the planet. And that's something he intends to take to the bank."

of course you dont give a fuck cuz youre a fanboi drinking his joolaid

Last edited:
you admit you didnt even clear hard modes yet everything is too easy?

:ftard:
dumbest argument ever

Did you even read my post? I said I quit week one raiding Firelands. I was in top 50 guilds since Burning Crusade. I also didn't feel like wiping hundreds of times when the content wasn't even engaging and the community has turned into a bunch of crying third graders.

so have you finally made the connection between wow's decline and activision's takeover?

here's an thought:

they short staffed wow to save $ and focus on their next mmo. thing is, they could hire like 1000 full time developers and it would seem like pocket change compared to the revenue wow brings in... it just shows how jewish the activision ceo really is.

I've somewhat made this argument as well. I don't understand why they aren't trying to make the best and most continually updated content in the genre. They could have complete market control, but instead they are leaving themselves vulnerable because of complacency. Instead they lose millions of subscribers, and it doesn't make much sense.

I think the reason I keep playing this game is the "friendships" I've made with some of the folks in game. It's fun to log in every week and hit loot pinatas if you're making fun of each other along the way, and can understand that nobody has any malicious intent behind any of the barbs. We have a couple griefers in raid so some of the new boss mechanics have been hilarious, ice spikes on hagara + life grip = :lol:

I'll be playing this game for the foreseeable future for these reasons, but tweaks their own I suppose.

It's fun to log in every week and hit loot pinatas if you're making fun of each other along the way, and can understand that nobody has any malicious intent behind any of the barbs. We have a couple griefers in raid so some of the new boss mechanics have been hilarious, ice spikes on hagara + life grip = :lol:

I'll be playing this game for the foreseeable future for these reasons, but tweaks their own I suppose.
This. And FUCK Teriyaki for that well-timed Life Grip :| Between talking shit about our weekend chinktastic raid and your "Bulgarian" accent I'm not going anywhere else any time soon.

The only downside to raiding is that we occasionally have to go out of our way to do achievements to keep the ladies happy.

Back