Best DPS Class? by Flash - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Best DPS Class?
Flash
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 09-05-2011, 01:55
When I last played mages owned this category. Now it seems that DK's can do twice the damage as a mage... Has mage DPS been nerfed?

Sponsored Links
Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 09-05-2011, 03:08

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
3 - 09-05-2011, 05:05
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Use this site to get a boss by boss look at what class is currently doing the most dps. I have linked the Firelands overview.

State of DPS

Is an aggregate of world of logs where they average out all the input to get overall rankings. I know nothing of the metrics or logic to how they gather this info so maybe take it with a grain of salt but it doesn't look that wonky.

But you still need to take into account where your character is at gearwise and what you are raiding.

For example, if you are rocking mainly ZA/ZG items and are a rogue, you should stick to Ass. But once you are mid-end Firelands and in T12, you will be several thousand DPS higher as combat.

But if you want the simple "which is the easiest class to sit there and pew pew" you will still have an easy time as a mage.

Hope this helps

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 09-05-2011, 11:51
This was in a dungeon with everybody being between 76 and 78. Gear is pretty even among everybody at that level. One DK was accounting for 50% of the total group damage. Can't understand how that is possible.

kazan
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 09-05-2011, 13:59
DKs are kings of AoE in low level dungeons. Diseases, DnD, Blood Boil, etc.

Don't worry about low level ****, as a boomkin its almost impossible to maintain equal dps through leveling dungeons because everything dies so fast you can't get casts off.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 09-05-2011, 14:09
So your huge assumptions are based on leveling content.

Nice.

Ciceron
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 09-05-2011, 16:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Volcanic View Post
DKs are kings of AoE in low level dungeons. Diseases, DnD, Blood Boil, etc.

Don't worry about low level ****, as a boomkin its almost impossible to maintain equal dps through leveling dungeons because everything dies so fast you can't get casts off.
Actually, it's just Howling Blast and possibly a DnD, but mostly Howling Blast.

Frost PvE is stupid broken.

StarZ
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 09-05-2011, 20:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
This was in a dungeon with everybody being between 76 and 78. Gear is pretty even among everybody at that level. One DK was accounting for 50% of the total group damage. Can't understand how that is possible.
he probably had a cata green weapon while the rest of you were still using wotlk stuff

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 09-05-2011, 22:32
Just wait til 85 when you can pull nearly 40k dps on bosses using only a couple spells while everyone else is 15-25k. An erection every couple minutes.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
10 - 09-06-2011, 12:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
Most people suck, WOTLK dungeons were based on AOE.

When I tanked on my DK between 76-78 I was pulling 50% of the damage in every instance I was in pretty much, but that's because I got to control the mobs and when to AOE using what etc. If you are a druid or ele shammy or a lock you just try to spam what you can to keep up.

Keep in mind you are judging DPS on fights that are lasting less than 5 seconds at a time. Raid boss encounters that are 3-10 minutes long show a much different story because you're not getting explosive burst dmg augmenting stats.

amsterdam0tmf
Veteran²
Old
11 - 09-06-2011, 16:11
State of DPS has not been updated in a while. stats say mage is still top dog tho.

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 09-06-2011, 20:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsterdam0tmf View Post
State of DPS has not been updated in a while. stats say mage is still top dog tho.
He hasn't done any dev work on it since he doesn't really play any more, but it still pulls current stats from WoL.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Best DPS Class?

Social Website Bullshit