[beer] Stella Artois tastes like ham

It's not the best, I'll take Asahi over it any day... but... ham? Really?

I think there's something wrong with your sense of taste.

Hoegaarden is nice, but I think the Germans make better weissbiers. With Belgian beer I usually go for Grimbergen, Leffe, Duvel or Kasteel and some of the less fruity lambics.

he's obviously drinking skunky beer, and this is his attempt to describe it

i can't stand ham, in any form besides bacon, and if stella tasted like ham, i certainly wouldn't drink it as much as i do

Stella's alright. Nothing super special, but not as "horrible" as some of the nerds in this thread would have you believe

also :lol: @ guy denouncing Stella as making him want to puke and then bragging about Dos Equis.

I really enjoy hoegaarden. A lot of belgium beers taste kinda chapsticky/bubblegum/flowery. I don't care for stella at all.

That's possible. Flavor is heavily dependent on the brewery. Common beverages like that are also accentuated according to the country they are supplied to.

Small newsflash.
The Stella brewery in Belgium is closed due to a strike. Been for 2 weeks now. There is a shortage of Stella, Jupiler and Leffe. Please redirect all your humanitarian aid to Belgium. In 2 weeks students will finish quarter exams and it will not look pretty.

Last edited:
tsingtao-33.jpg

I like Stella but was surprised to notice recently that is says "malt liquor" on the label but anheuser-busch's website calls it a lager.

Tsingtao is China's most popular and the world's shittiest beer.

Stop having a hard-on for it just because it's asian you clowns

I like Stella but was surprised to notice recently that is says "malt liquor" on the label but anheuser-busch's website calls it a lager.

in the US some states call it malt liquor if it's a beer with higher than like 5% alcohol content.

Bud probably does this so they can distribute it to every state - I guess some states require you to call any beer "malt liquor"...

laws relating to alcohol are weird...

and obi is right, Stella isn't bad. I mean, I can understand if someone doesn't like the taste. I personally dislike Heineken, but I wouldn't say it's a "bad" beer. Old Milwaukee, Milwaukee's Best, Golden Anniversary... these are "bad" beers in the sense that they are made with inferior quaility ingredients.

i like how a mass produced and super high volume beer could be beer snobbed. the US version is much worse and overall its decent but nothing more.

wish I could find this in the states:

balashi-beer.jpg

It probably only tastes good to me because I'm on vacation when I'm drinking it.

Back