Rich studs of Teedub - come get your ultimate gaming PC

die hard has actually sold a shitload of pc's at all different price ranges in the classifieds for those who don't know

someone's pc got fucked up at shipping and die hard took it back and immediately re-sent a working pc

hes good people and he is hooking up tw'ers for quality pc's at good prices

yea dun hate on Die hard, hes sold plenty of decent rigs at good prices. Data should know.

If your parts are bought already and set in stone, too bad. Otherwise, I would suggest you downgrade your CPU. normal i7 is just fine for games, even i5 is fine. Most of the games don't really take advantage of multi-core anyways. Civilization 5 does use more than 1 processor but since I only have 2 cores and see both busy while I play civ5, not sure how many cores Civ5 will actually utilize and utilize well.

Like others said, I would rather spend some money on a good SSD drive as HDD is often the bottle neck now in a decent gaming system, especially games involing large amount of data loading, whether it is texture, decompress game data, etc. etc.

(he offers an ssd alternative for free)

(he has offered multiple cost effective pc options, he's just offering an extravagant over the top rig if anyone was interested)

(fuck you die hard is good people)

If your parts are bought already and set in stone, too bad. Otherwise, I would suggest you downgrade your CPU. normal i7 is just fine for games, even i5 is fine. Most of the games don't really take advantage of multi-core anyways. Civilization 5 does use more than 1 processor but since I only have 2 cores and see both busy while I play civ5, not sure how many cores Civ5 will actually utilize and utilize well.

Like others said, I would rather spend some money on a good SSD drive as HDD is often the bottle neck now in a decent gaming system, especially games involing large amount of data loading, whether it is texture, decompress game data, etc. etc.

It's obviously not a cost-effective gaming PC, it's for people who has the money to spend and could use the extra cores for more than just gaming or simply bragging rights. I also has a 120GB SSD as an option instead of the 600GB Velociraptor. :)

I have other i7 / 1090T systems for sale for the cost conscious.

It's obviously not a cost-effective gaming PC, it's for people who has the money to spend and could use the extra cores for more than just gaming or simply bragging rights. I also has a 120GB SSD as an option instead of the 600GB Velociraptor. :)

I have other i7 / 1090T systems for sale for the cost conscious.

yeah, I spent like 1k or something on the 1st generation 15,000 RPM cheetah for myself when Diablo 2 loaded slow upon entering Ariel chamber. I also owned one of the first 7200 RPM HD, the Micropolis HD.

My budget for game PC keeps on going down because I can OC my parts a bit with decent components to save money without sacrifice much performance.

Good luck. Hopefully someone with the $$$ and want bragging rights will get it. It is a nice system, if you want to brag.

The cheetah's were nice back in the days :D

Forgot to add that the system will have a USB 3.0 adapter installed for those who prefers the classified motherboard.

So you can't help out a poor guy on the low end? :( oh well worth a try.

I've been shopping a lot, any recommendations for parts?

Right now im looking at this:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit

Back