Lester
@Chen
Global Head of Gaming Creators
@YouTube
Los Angeles, CAJoined May 2010
1,267 Following
19.3K Followers

he is friends with fishstix

i guess they r planning to viral tribes and buy it from hirez?

fishstix is probably aware of this seeing as he see my comment in the juked discord
idk what i will say to him yet

i think corporatizing tribes is not the way to go and a tribes AI from google will come with or without youtube sponsorship

personally id rather keep tribes a wild place instead of have a decorum like SA

"@FishStix#4113 My favorite game Tribes 1 just got a new content policy that has me permabanned from a game I've played for 20 years and even written some university papers on lol. It seems like the people currently doing the game regime have gone very far into language policing to the point it's authoritarian and feels repressing. This does not seem like the way to go with games paired with websites like Tribalwar.com/forums which you have 11,000 posts on!... but is more racist than encylopedia dramatica or kiwifarms. Are you really trying to put content policies on games like midair, tribes1, and quake 3, that thrived off the mirc culture of shit talking? Isn't a strict content policy limiting a huge amount of consumers that love those kinds of games too? It just doesnt feel like gaming anymore and feels like robots trying to monopolize their former glory as pro gamers, a small nerd demographic looking to go back to the glory days, people pillaging kids memories of games they loved to be a big bad pro gamer 20 years late!"

"@FishStix#4113 My favorite game Tribes 1 just got a new content policy that has me permabanned from a game I've played for 20 years and even written some university papers on lol. It seems like the people currently doing the game regime have gone very far into language policing to the point it's authoritarian and feels repressing. This does not seem like the way to go with games paired with websites like Tribalwar.com/forums which you have 11,000 posts on!... but is more racist than encylopedia dramatica or kiwifarms. Are you really trying to put content policies on games like midair, tribes1, and quake 3, that thrived off the mirc culture of shit talking? Isn't a strict content policy limiting a huge amount of consumers that love those kinds of games too? It just doesnt feel like gaming anymore and feels like robots trying to monopolize their former glory as pro gamers, a small nerd demographic looking to go back to the glory days, people pillaging kids memories of games they loved to be a big bad pro gamer 20 years late!"

holy fuck very accurate BUT fishdicks won't reply lol gg

too busy daddy's $ and jukes.gg

56998840ccfd701a414b46710027a11f.png

hes playing midair but he's emote me with :thunking" and announcements he doesnt want drama

so trying to keep it as polite as possible

it isnt even a well thot out question

You two care about something that literally doesn't matter at all way too much.

Who cares if people are playing a Tribes mod 20 years later and don't include you?

Start your own shit with people who are actual players and not snob fucks. You have the only forum to do it.

Start a discord, ask people who want to play to join it, and then sit there by yourself.

Because nobody does.

Didn't read almost any of this shit but all I know is that LK was a super elitist dickhead even by Tribes standards already in the year 2000.

the tl:dr is nobody could give a fuck from tribes days about who is holding these shithole LT pubs because first off tribes is dead as fuck and secondly who gives fuck about these people still playing tribes and thinking they're elite while not playing tribes in it's prime but being good at a dumbed down mod of the original game and then pushing people who actually want to play this bullshit dumbed down mod of the game away so that they can be the best at this dumbed down bullshit of a mod.

I know that wasn't short, but it it is what it is.

lol i cant read im on lsd absent has the right opinion fuck yall and <3 naptown and rayn we did e-business before it was e-businesss and made a governement out of the cia

Do they own playt1.com that links to the configs as well?

What's to stop anyone from running a site with a vanilla 1.11 or 1.3/1.4 config?

What's to stop anyone from running a site with a vanilla 1.11 or 1.3/1.4 config?

People used to host such configs but they are mostly gone.

vanilla 1.11/1.3x need a vista patch and don't do widescreen by default.

If you try to download the original pieces and patch your way up it won't work on modern windows systems.

If someone does host a working download they risk a DMCA challenge precipitated by the group of people that dare is wailing about in many threads - and yes many of us believe they are that low.

What we really need is a remaster edition released by hirez. Many components for this are already done. They could put it on good old games and let the money roll in.

Demaster Remaster? ROFL

sticky this delete my nonsense idgaf thats the truth up there

rats tipping ppl off that can fuck them out of their hard-earned work

Just link to the official download (Tribes Universe) and add instructions or a script that can put it together as modern as possible automagically.

Preferably as vanilla as possible.
Maybe just happy jump as far as client "mods" go.

I still don't see how that's any different from the playt1.com website.

Just link to the official download (Tribes Universe) and add instructions or a script that can put it together as modern as possible automagically.

Preferably as vanilla as possible.
Maybe just happy jump as far as client "mods" go.

I still don't see how that's any different from the playt1.com website.

:lolque:

15.jpg

Back