ITT: I will answer questions about military equipment/history.

Can you name some models of motor cycles used by the allies during WWII. I'm interested in buying one, There we're two I liked. One was either Harley or Indian. The other was european.

Using the BG-15 Mukha ('Fly') Russian under-barrel grenade launcher for the AK-series assault rifle, how is it possible to blow off both thumbs?

ak74_gb15_01.jpg

As you can see, the trigger is well behind the barrel.

Last edited:
Can you name some models of motor cycles used by the allies during WWII...The other was european.

The Brits used Royal Enfields
wikipedia said:
During World War II, The Enfield Cycle Company was called upon by the British authorities to develop and manufacture military motorcycles. The models produced for the military were the WD/C 350 cc sidevalve, WD/CO 350 cc OHV, WD/D 250 cc SV, WD/G 350 cc OHV and WD/L 570 cc SV. The most well known offering beyond doubt was the Flying Flea aka the Airborne. This lightweight 125cc bike could be dropped by parachute along with airborne troops. The factory also manufactured a variety of special instruments and apparatuses to use against enemy forces during war. In 1931, a four-valve, single-cylinder was introduced and christened "Bullet" in 1932. It had an inclined engine and an exposed valve gear. It was the very first use of the now famous Bullet name.

They're still being manufactured, in India. You can buy a 'new' Royal Enfield (although they're still largely the old technology) in the USA from Royal Enfield Motorcycles - The Official home of Royal Enfield in the USA

Military.jpg

That's the 'Bullet 500 Military', other styles are available :) It'll set you back about $5500.

Where is the best place to find a GN-58 hand-crank generator in the Houston, Texas area, for under $75?

:p

Kura...I got a question...

I was watching a cool show on the History Channel over the weekend about the myths of Pearl Harbor.

One thing caught my eye that I never heard about (sure it might be common knowledge but I must of simply missed it)...was that friendly fire tore up a small group of fighters that were coming to Hickem(sp?) Field from the Enterprise that evening (after the attacks). Basically they started to come in and AA fire (being paranoid of another attack) totally opened up on them shooting down 5 of the 6 planes and killing a few of the pilots.

My actual question is if you (or anyone reading this) knows of any decent reading about this incident? A little more detail...timeline..etc.

Back