Price check, I'm dumb, give me a realistic ballpark

yes. you could say you were hacked and someone (presumably the hacker) xfered your char off the account. they will follow the IP down and take it back. common scum scammer tactic.

the best (but not fullproof) way of avoiding this scam is to have do something blatantly obvious to the original account so it gets banned and hopefully stays that way. even then, if blizzard digs enough they will notice the different IPs and such, most likely unbanning the original account because on their end, it looks like it really did get hacked. this last part is more annoying for the scammer to do though, but may dissuade them if you get lucky.

of course, this is all assuming you buy the original account from the person and getting it Xfered to an account you created/etc

in short, only buy from trusted people.

I'm not so sure... You need the last name on the account to transfer off-account. A hacker would not have this information unless it was give to them. In which case, it wouldnt be a hacker anymore, it'd be a buyer..

It's a game. I play it the way I want to. If I can't do that, then there's no point in playing it.
never thought i would see someone say that on TW (and i agree 100%)

people who pick their race based solely on racials make me gag - #1) it's a game #2 you're going to be staring at it for hours, days, and months...might help to like how your character looks

The only two alliance races are dwarf and draenei. Unless you want to play a druid or a warlock, that's just an unfortunate circumstance. There are no bad choices for horde, though you shouldn't be a blood elf unless you want a paladin, or you're doing it to be ironic. Also female undead rogues have the best combat animations in the game.

never thought i would see someone say that on TW (and i agree 100%)

people who pick their race based solely on racials make me gag - #1) it's a game #2 you're going to be staring at it for hours, days, and months...might help to like how your character looks

This.

Back