Fans use Machine Learning to HD Remaster Final Fantasy VII

very nice

queue vegeta standing in the rain.....there IS a level above where we are

we see what the CS guys and the console guys have been able to do with stable diffusion

imagine a completely re-done ice terrain for snowblind with the towers/base revamped in a swiss chalet style with wooden planks

topaz_ai.png

esrgan_upscale.png

found an ai model trained on ground textures, pretty interesting

hires_textures.v3.01.zip

new version using RealESRGAN + different AI training models (combination of nickelbackFS_72000_G and UniScaleV2_Sharp for base textures and a different one for ground textures on lushDML and iceDML)

really impressed by this thing, imo a noticeable step up from gigapixel

what it did with lushDML kinda blows my mind

compare.gif

and that's with the original texture upscaled to 512 to match for the .gif, the actual original is way more pixelated and shitty looking

might be a little too busy on the lushDML for some, personal preference i think... but i'm really impressed

Last edited:
nice i will update my config and play with this for a few days

i think you left out lushWorld.zip in your download

if we ask the ai nicely and in the right way i think we can do even more!

yeah i didn't do lushworld cuz i assumed that most ppl are using replaced skies for lush already but will do

gonna split them up into terrain/base texture packs i think and do a less extreme version of the lush

also just uploading minor fix (3.01) rolling back player damage and rocket skins (transparency never seems to upscale right for me)

and yeah i agree definitely a lot of potential here for improvement or even full out redoing the art

Last edited:
ok new version!!

files are now split into 3 packs - bases, terrains and worlds (skies mostly)

the hrfixfix plugin/ mjhires stuff is only necessary for the bases pack - terrains and worlds scale without needing plugin

linked are 2 sets of terrains - one with the same models used on everything else, 1 done with the ground textures ai model which look way better but i could see how some people would prefer a softer look <note you only want to download one of the 2 here - choose either 'normal' or 'ground', ground looks more like ground>

honestly i dont recommend the worlds, the source files suck and the upscales arent much better - there are a ton of better skies

terrains may cause crashes for some people at higher fovs and higher terrainvisibledistance settings

hires_textures.v3.02 bases.zip
hires_textures.v3.02 terrains_normal.zip
hires_textures.v3.02 terrains_ground.zip
hires_textures.v3.02 worlds.zip

<will hopefully insert screenshots later>

Last edited:
ok no good screenshot comparisons yet, but i was messing around on SB and was impressed by this

esrgan_upscale2.png

would have to compare 2 the original upscale, but here's stock
stock_sb_tex.png

earlier in this thread groove and i discussed a security problem in the mjhires.acs.cs script file which is distributed with several 1.40 high resolution texture configs.

several people have downloaded one of these configs recently so it is more noticeable:

1. Tribes for T:A Players from Fire (found on playt1.com)

2. oz Tribes-HDv1 (found on Tribes 1 Legendz - Home)

3. oz Tribes-HDv2 (found on Tribes 1 Legendz - Home)

4. recent configs from Milk-Man/Thumper (found on discord)

in http://ns3.pu.net/upscaled/patch you will find patched versions of the mjhires.acs.cs script file from each install.

if you run one of these installs it is a good idea to apply the fix and if you distribute an install it would be an even better idea for you to fix your install!

earlier in this thread groove and i discussed a security problem in the mjhires.acs.cs script file which is distributed with several 1.40 high resolution texture configs.

several people have downloaded one of these configs recently so it is more noticeable:

1. Tribes for T:A Players from Fire (found on playt1.com)

2. oz Tribes-HDv1 (found on Tribes 1 Legendz - Home)

3. oz Tribes-HDv2 (found on Tribes 1 Legendz - Home)

4. recent configs from Milk-Man/Thumper (found on discord)

in http://ns3.pu.net/upscaled/patch you will find patched versions of the mjhires.acs.cs script file from each install.

if you run one of these installs it is a good idea to apply the fix and if you distribute an install it would be an even better idea for you to fix your install!

Bugs! Your download links are dead for me. Reloaded them several times. Is it possible to upload to a diff site like filetransfer.io or something like that?

Thanks for the fix!

There are some additional corrections that could be made in those mjhires.acs.cs files:

these files don't exist in default 1.40 and could be removed:

Code:
$mj::hr[$mj::hr_max++] = "beagle.emblem7.png 128 128";
$mj::hr[$mj::hr_max++] = "cphoenix.emblem7.png 128 128";
$mj::hr[$mj::hr_max++] = "dsword.emblem7.png 128 128";
$mj::hr[$mj::hr_max++] = "swolf.emblem7.png 128 128";

this png file is misspelled:

Code:
$mj::hr[$mj::hr_max++] = "iconceretebock1.png 128 128";
change to:
$mj::hr[$mj::hr_max++] = "iconcretebock1.png 128 128";

finally the resolution on several files is incorrectly declared. find the 1.40 default resolution below. it is possible that someone decided it looked better with the wrong resolution but i think its just as likely to be mistakes.

Code:
human1DML/base_cold.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/base_copper.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/base_dark.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/base_gold.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/base_marble.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/base_metal.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/base_rock.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/base_steel.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/base_warm.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/base_wood.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/beagle.emblem1.png: PNG image data, 128 x 256, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/beagle.emblem3.png: PNG image data, 64 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/beagle.emblem4.png: PNG image data, 64 x 32, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/beagle.emblem5.png: PNG image data, 32 x 16, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/dark_ft.png: PNG image data, 16 x 32, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/dark_wt.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/ds_ablative.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/ds_bottom.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/dsword.emblem1.png: PNG image data, 128 x 256, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/dsword.emblem3.png: PNG image data, 64 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/dsword.emblem4.png: PNG image data, 64 x 32, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/dsword.emblem5.png: PNG image data, 32 x 16, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/ext_grey2.png: PNG image data, 64 x 64, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/ext_grey9.png: PNG image data, 64 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/ext_grey.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/ext_iron.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/ext_silver.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/ext_stone7.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/ext_stone.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/iconcretebock1.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/iconcretebock.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/idkmetal.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/idkvent.png: PNG image data, 64 x 16, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/igrate.png: PNG image data, 128 x 64, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/iltconcrete.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/iltmetal.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/iltvent.png: PNG image data, 128 x 64, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/ivent.png: PNG image data, 32 x 64, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/iyplate.png: PNG image data, 64 x 32, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/light_warm.png: PNG image data, 64 x 64, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
human1DML/marble_wt.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced

DOX_Textures/base_rockburn.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/beaglelz.png: PNG image data, 256 x 256, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/bigrust2.png: PNG image data, 128 x 256, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/carrierwall4.png: PNG image data, 256 x 256, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/dswordlz.png: PNG image data, 256 x 256, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/grate2.png: PNG image data, 128 x 64, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/gratered.png: PNG image data, 64 x 64, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/rock_wall_lite.png: PNG image data, 64 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/stripe2.png: PNG image data, 16 x 64, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/wall_1.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/wall_1rust.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/wall_2.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/wall_3.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/wall_4.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/wall_5.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
DOX_Textures/white_striplite.png: PNG image data, 64 x 32, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced

savanaDML/bmarble.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
savanaDML/bmetal.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
savanaDML/bplate.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
savanaDML/bsteel.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
savanaDML/exfloor2.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
savanaDML/exfloor.png: PNG image data, 128 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced

titanDML/block.png: PNG image data, 256 x 256, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
titanDML/excolm1.png: PNG image data, 32 x 128, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced

we should prolly also take out the player skins cuz they scale w/o the plugin and having them in the script makes the damage skins to go all wonky

we should prolly also take out the player skins cuz they scale w/o the plugin and having them in the script makes the damage skins to go all wonky

hey groove THANKS for saying something - it reminds me of the damage skin problems we had with x64 too.

removing the player (armor) skins and player (armor) damage skins from mjhires.acs.cs looks like the right thing to do.

i just checked damage skins on inventories/command stations/etc and they look wonky also we'll have to remove all of those - maybe vehicles, deployables, etc from mjhires.acs.cs too.

What needs to be done to fix them?

when i mentioned this to unhelpful today he reminded me that he had to write new code in x64 tribes to mostly properly display larger damage skins.

this was because 1.11 didn't have the code so its a good guess that 1.40 doesn't have the code either. i don't think hrfixfixfix addresses the damage skin niche. both can display the normal resolution damage skins fine - we get in to trouble when we upscale.

if anyone remembers if larger damage skins were available for hudbot please chime in. if hudbot supported it then there is a chance that andrew did add the code to 1.40 and we are doing something wrong there. better damage skins would be a nice project for the graphically inclined.

when i was testing 1.40 with a new mjhires.acs.cs this morning i could get the damage skins to look about 80% satisfactory, knowing that the code isn't there makes that a good stopping point.

Back