Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page So...fuel prices
Page 1 of 2
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 07-27-2008, 00:14
Ok all you 'supply and demand' people. Explain how the demand has in no way gone down, and supply hasn't had a chance to go up, yet the price is not moving and going down in some places.

Because its NOT a supply and demand problem, the prices are purely a product of price manipulation and speculation.

so stfu about supply and demand

Sponsored Links
Stilgar
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 07-27-2008, 00:16
Demand is down?
Have you been to China or Inida?
Demand is WAAAAAAAY up.
Just not in the USA.

anomaly
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 07-27-2008, 00:16
i was hoping that no one would reply to this thread

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
4 - 07-27-2008, 00:17
demand is flat. demand will decrease once china stops subsidizing fuel costs if that ever happens.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 07-27-2008, 00:17
Ok - let's say you are demanding cock. There is lots of it out there. You are getting your cock really cheap. Now, let's say you introduce Ender and his herpes into the scene. Now, you have clean cock and **** ass scab cock out there. What happens? the price of cock goes up. So, right now - you are having a hard time getting cock. The solution? Flood the market with more dicks. Just ****ing suck it suck it suck it.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 07-27-2008, 00:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
demand is flat. demand will decrease once china stops subsidizing fuel costs if that ever happens.
less than a month ago we were watching 2-3 cent climbs a day. demand hasn't flattened out that much in that short of time.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 07-27-2008, 00:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
less than a month ago we were watching 2-3 cent climbs a day. demand hasn't flattened out that much in that short of time.
maybe that was in reaction to a previous spike in demand or something. maybe demand has been level for a while now, and it just took a while for the ripples to hit the edge of the pond.

Supply, demand, prices, wages, interest rates, and spending changes don't happen immediately. There is usually a time lag while people adjust or write new contracts.

Stilgar
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 07-27-2008, 00:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomaly View Post
i was hoping that no one would reply to this thread
I apologize, no, really.

[Golbez-RG-]
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 07-27-2008, 00:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
Have you people not read the news how the US broke records at decreasing consumption this year? The high speculated prices killed demand in India because they had to just recently stop subsidizing because of the high prices.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 07-27-2008, 00:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Golbez-RG-] View Post
Have you people not read the news how the US broke records at decreasing consumption this year? The high speculated prices killed demand in India because they had to just recently stop subsidizing because of the high prices.
even my econ prof hasn't mentioned it.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
11 - 07-27-2008, 01:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Golbez-RG-] View Post
I'm unsure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me.

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
12 - 07-27-2008, 01:05
yeah, let me question a basic principle that has stood for thousands years based on 2 months of irregularities.

Sometimes I think you're trolling, and other times I just think you're really stupid.

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
13 - 07-27-2008, 01:06
lol hitlerbush lol haliburtoncheney

Myxomatosis
Veteran4
Old
14 - 07-27-2008, 01:10
it is a supply/demand issue...

also

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Newyorker
The difficulty for Congress, of course, is that none of the problems that have driven up the price of oil lend themselves to a quick fix, and most, like the boom in global demand and the inaccessibility of certain oil fields, aren’t under our control at all. That’s what makes speculators a perfect target: by going after them, Congress can demonstrate to voters that it understands their pain, and at the same time avoid doing anything that might require real sacrifice from Americans. Our dependence on foreign oil, together with the fiscal fecklessness that has helped reduce the value of the dollar, means that there is no easy way out of where we are. But in an election year that’s hardly a message that anyone in Washington is going to deliver.

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
15 - 07-27-2008, 01:12
Don't prices usually go up at the start of summer and then stat going down towards the end of summer? I swear it seems like it's done that every year.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 07-27-2008, 01:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code4 View Post
Don't prices usually go up at the start of summer and then stat going down towards the end of summer? I swear it seems like it's done that every year.
yes but maybe prices are high enough to dampen the traditional summer vacations. I've heard (anecdotally) of people taking less vacation and staying closer to home.

And also there was something about jet planes flying slightly slower and saving bunches of gas...

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
17 - 07-27-2008, 01:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
yes but maybe prices are high enough to dampen the traditional summer vacations. I've heard (anecdotally) of people taking less vacation and staying closer to home.

And also there was something about jet planes flying slightly slower and saving bunches of gas...
I think if an extra $1-2 a gallon stops your vaction you couldn't afford it in the first place.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 07-27-2008, 01:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code4 View Post
I think if an extra $1-2 a gallon stops your vaction you couldn't afford it in the first place.
the stupidity is strong with this one

Last edited by Gil; 07-27-2008 at 01:33..
Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
19 - 07-27-2008, 01:19
wha? does your car get .5 mile to a gallon?

mrcheesy
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 07-27-2008, 01:24
I like turtles

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page So...fuel prices

Social Website Bullshit