Rogue PvP combat daggers?

The Armory

A lot of similar gear, I'm getting close to a few vet pieces, this weekend's WSG bonus should push me over.

Yeah, I've really neglected my PVP side. I don't really like the BGs, and I haven't done a lot of arenas. I'm just now starting to get into it (arenas), only because I'm tired of not getting drops in raids/instances.

Sure. Still a work in progress. I'm sure I'm going to get quite a few negative comments, but who gives a shit?

The Armory

Hi. I think I know a thing or two about raiding (My guild killed Illidan 3rd in the US and got world first Twin Emps...but that's old!)

The Armory

There's my armory. If you seriously think Remorseless is a good talent, you might want to consider rerolling. Saying you consistently are #1 in your scrub raids means nothing. Unless you're out here pulling 1800+ dps and have WWS parses to back it up, I'm going to assume you pull down around 700 dps tops.

Keep posting retarded advice, though - it's entertaining

Hi. I think I know a thing or two about raiding (My guild killed Illidan 3rd in the US and got world first Twin Emps...but that's old!)

The Armory

There's my armory. If you seriously think Remorseless is a good talent, you might want to consider rerolling. Saying you consistently are #1 in your scrub raids means nothing. Unless you're out here pulling 1800+ dps and have WWS parses to back it up, I'm going to assume you pull down around 700 dps tops.

Keep posting retarded advice, though - it's entertaining

Ummm...gratz?

Flame on.

41/20 Mut builds always have that toss-up at the 4th tier. Most seem to tak Dual-wielding but I'd rather take daggers. I mean if you are using daggers anyway the +5% crit I think would output more damage than upping you off-hand damage to 100%. Especially when you consider daggers are usually faster than swords and maces. Besides your OH would now have 100% damage but you'd still suffer from that -20% to-hit that's always there.

Just my thought though.

Last edited:
Flame on.

41/20 Mut builds always have that toss-up at the 4th tier. Most seem to tak Dual-wielding but I'd rather take daggers. I mean if you are using daggers anyway the +5% crit I think would output more damage than upping you off-hand damage to 100%. Especially when you consider daggers are usually faster than swords and maces. Besides your OH would now have 100% damage but you'd still suffer from that -20% to-hit that's always there.

Just my thought though.

Dude if you're going to go 41/0/20 why are you not getting opportunity?!?!

Dude if you're going to go 41/0/20 why are you not getting opportunity?!?!

I didn't respec that toon since... Well since the last rogue talent respec. And I'm waiting until 70 to respec because I'd rather not spend that much more money with it on "cooldown". To be honest I haven't picked that toon up a month after TBC. And at that point I wasn't looking at respeccing until 70 anyway. Now that I look at it I'm still trying to figure out WTF I was thinking on a couple of them.

Yeah I'm not sure why I took opportunity... MoD could be swapped out for something else, I'm just looking for more of a utility PvE/PvP build. Nothing arena obviously...

Last edited:
Remorseless Attacks is a lvling talent, and any rogue who has it at 70 and thinks it helps their DPS in raids either needs to lrn2play, or is a drooling retard who has their helmet strapped on too tight.

Gandalf, drop it, and pick up Quick Recovery instead.

And just to make sure, you do realize that it only procs if YOU get the killing blow, right?

What did happen to the honor system anyway? Before you kill someone your level roughly and it's 1v1 (all your damage) and you get 45 - 50 honor for it. I did it as of late and I'm only getting 3 - 5 honor now. So I guess you have to rely on BG holidays to get anything done?

Remorseless Attacks is a lvling talent, and any rogue who has it at 70 and thinks it helps their DPS in raids either needs to lrn2play, or is a drooling retard who has their helmet strapped on too tight.

Gandalf, drop it, and pick up Quick Recovery instead.

And just to make sure, you do realize that it only procs if YOU get the killing blow, right?

Yes, and since I do the majority of the damage, chances are, I'd delivering the killing blow during raid pulls. You do realize that it's essentially a poor man's cold blood, don't you? How can you turn down a 40% better chance to crit on your next mutilate? Even if it only procs once a pull, it's worth it, and is certainly more useful than added healing I'm not getting (rogues shouldn't be getting hit in the first place). There are very rare isolated instances where getting added healing would be nice - Maiden's AOEs for example, but I'm not going to give up the total DPS output for fairly rare circumstances.

It's also great for farming and grinding, which is 1/3rd of the gameplay.

It's only less useful in PVP, IMO. If I was a hardcore PVP player, you're right, I'd take QR and drop remorseless. But I'm not a hardcore PVP player, so I really don't give a shit.

Yes, and since I do the majority of the damage, chances are, I'd delivering the killing blow during raid pulls. You do realize that it's essentially a poor man's cold blood, don't you? How can you turn down a 40% better chance to crit on your next mutilate? Even if it only procs once a pull, it's worth it,
zomg more DPS on trash yay! Oh wait, that's right, who fucking cares.
and is certainly more useful than added healing I'm not getting
Have fun topping those meters as a corpse.
(rogues shouldn't be getting hit in the first place).
Hmm, I was unaware that I could avoid 30 yard AEs from melee range. Please, explain to us how you do it!
There are very rare isolated instances where getting added healing would be nice - Maiden's AOEs for example, but I'm not going to give up the total DPS output for fairly rare circumstances.
And here's the most telling comment: Your raiding experience = nothing.

Remorseless is utter garbage, and there's a ton of places where those 2 points would be more useful. QR, on the other hand, is a great filler talent.

Your gear sucks, you have no idea how to gem properly, and you have no raiding experience. Stop giving advice.

man pessi... you still waiting on that Dragonspine? WTF

We actually had 2 in a row drop for us... after never seeing the fucker drop for a while.

oh... and disregard metzger... he's annoying.

Last edited:
Back